MSW Applications UCLA, CSUN, CSULB, and CSULA (Fall 2021)

kycc

2 minutes ago, MSW.K said:

same!! and I am very confused about that honestly..

Did they only offer you loans as well? I just realized I posted this in the wrong topic. I meant to post about BU in the MSW Applications 2021 topic haha. Waiting for UCLA as well.

Edited by MSW_2021

17 hours ago, Y0gi said:

I heard that schools ask for your official transcript when they want to accept you. That happened to me for program I applied to. The email sounds like good news to me. 

Did you apply for a specific fellowship or just to be considered for fellowships?

Interesting, CSUs request your official transcripts immediately after you submit your application. Unofficial transcripts can be uploaded in the portal but they still need your official ones. I've applied to MSW programs twice and I've always submitted my official transcripts. I have spoken to director of admissions for CSULA and they do not consider applicants without official transcripts. They also send out 1 warning email to request official transcripts if it has not been received. 

Official transcripts should not take too long to process though. I believe mine took 2 days max. 

Edited by elbimbo

4 hours ago, elbimbo said:

Interesting, CSUs request your official transcripts immediately after you submit your application. Unofficial transcripts can be uploaded in the portal but they still need your official ones. I've applied to MSW programs twice and I've always submitted my official transcripts. I have spoken to director of admissions for CSULA and they do not consider applicants without official transcripts. They also send out 1 warning email to request official transcripts if it has not been received. 

Official transcripts should not take too long to process though. I believe mine took 2 days max. 

I applied to CSU's as well and they do require official transcripts to be sent before the deadline! However, on UCLA's website specifically and I believe UC Berkeley they stated you only need to submit unofficial transcripts onto their online application, which is why I was confused! I also believe some private universities do this! 

34 minutes ago, njenni said:

I got a call earlier today from UCLA offering me admission for their MSW program! They informed me that I was nominated for the GOFP (graduate fellowship) so I'm not sure if they're calling about the fellowship first, but I thought I would share the news here :)

Awesome news!!! Congratulations the acceptance & fellowship nomination ?

27 minutes ago, njenni said:

I got a call earlier today from UCLA offering me admission for their MSW program! They informed me that I was nominated for the GOFP (graduate fellowship) so I'm not sure if they're calling about the fellowship first, but I thought I would share the news here :)

Congratulations!!!! Wishing you lots of success!!!

3 hours ago, njenni said:

Congratulations! That's amazing : )

11 hours ago, MSW_2021 said:

Has anyone else heard from UCLA recently? I submitted my application Dec 15th but my last LOR wasn't submitted until Dec 20th and have yet to hear back.

Someone mentioned earlier (idk if it's this thread or another) that there was a post on twitter on 2/10 saying that acceptances would be going out in 2 weeks (today, 2/24). UCLA usually sends out letters late February to mid March. The first people contacted appear to be put forth for fellowships. We will hopefully hear back soon!

I saw some people started hearing back from CSULA! It was posted on this Facebook group called "California Schools of Social MSW Applicant Support Group" if anyone is interested. Everyone is super supportive on there. 

1 hour ago, poodlegirl said:

Hi everyone, check your e-mails! I just received provisional acceptance to CSULA's MSW program! ? 

No word from CSULB or UCLA yet. 

Congrats! When did you apply to CSULA? 

Hi everyone, check your e-mails! I just received provisional acceptance to CSULA's MSW program! ? 

No word from CSULB or UCLA yet. 

Yayyyy! Congratulation! ?  I just checked and received provisional acceptance as well! 

Edited by njenni

I applied on January 15th! I was expecting to hear back later since I applied on deadline day, but I currently attend CSULA so maybe that made a difference. 

Ok that gives me hope of hearing something soon. I applied in December 28th for the 3 year program.

41 minutes ago, Angeli9222 said:

Hello, 

I applied to UCLA and UC Berkeley for the MSW programs, still waiting.

I got accepted to Pepperdine university and usc for higher Ed, but I’m waiting on UCLA. Never felt this nervous. Lol.

Well, wish you all the best on your journey. 

I'm also waiting for UCLA fingers crossed! I can't stop refreshing this site because they said they'd start rolling out decisions yesterday but I haven't heard about anything from anyone :')) We got this y'all! 

1 hour ago, doievenknow said:

I'm also waiting for UCLA fingers crossed! I can't stop refreshing this site because they said they'd start rolling out decisions yesterday but I haven't heard about anything from anyone :')) We got this y'all! 

As soon as any one finds out. Let us know :)  yes fingers crossed 

14 hours ago, Angeli9222 said:

As soon as any one finds out. Let us know :)  yes fingers crossed 

according to the CA MSW support facebook group - someone got into UCLA yesterday!! 

The waiting is killing me!!!