MSW Applications UCLA, CSUN, CSULB, and CSULA (Fall 2021)

kycc

1 hour ago, doievenknow said:

hi! someone made a post about this in the MSW support group and a lot of people (who applied early) are in the same boat. there's still an admissions committee meeting march 16, so while it may be disheartening, we shouldn't assume the worst! sending you good vibes

hehe.. that was me ;) thank you!! sending you good vibes back!

13 hours ago, fiofarrell17 said:

Hi guys! Just wanted to let you know that I heard back from UCLA and was accepted!! I applied on 1/15 and got the email of acceptance for the 2 year program around 7pm tonight(:

5 hours ago, Petra Lang said:

Hi everyone, 

I heard back from UCLA yesterday and got accepted for the 2 year fulltime program. I applied 1/15. I'm so happy 

Congratulations to you both!!! I hope you're feeling excited and relieved.

Can I ask if UCLA gave a deadline to respond to the offer? 

1 minute ago, Y0gi said:

Congratulations to you both!!! I hope you're feeling excited and relieved.

Can I ask if UCLA gave a deadline to respond to the offer? 

Thank you! I'm definitely feeling relieved, this is the first school I've heard back from so far so it's nice to have at least one option. The deadline they're giving all applicants is April 15th! Hoping to hear back from other schools before that deadline. Sending you positivity and hope you hear good news soon(:

3 hours ago, msw222 said:

congrats! i submitted 11/23... do you think this means i should assume rejection? trying to understand what an early deadline really means.. 

I am not sure how the process works (I did not grow up here so this is all a bit confusing to me) but try to stay positive. I know the wait is tough but don't assume rejection! There is still time, they just started sending out admission offers! 

On 3/10/2021 at 8:09 PM, leilanib said:

Congrats to you! Thats awesome. If I may ask, when did you apply?

I applied on 12/22/20 and it was completed and sent to the department on 01/08/21. Got accepted 02/03/21

Anyone still waiting for CSULB? I applied in November and I haven't heard back. I know they sent out rejection letter as well but I feel like my application is not moving forward since I did not receive rejection or an acceptance. I never got the email that they matched my reference forms with my application. I saw that many people applied after me but already got in. How is this still rolling admission? I felt like they put my application on hold because they couldn't match the reference forms, I know that many people who applied early as October/November are also on the same boat. CSULB is my #1 school and I really wanted to get in but...seems like no hope lol :P 

On 3/9/2021 at 11:01 AM, Martinez20 said:

Hey everyone, congrats to those receiving decisions! It's awesome to see people getting accepted, it makes me hopeful. I was wondering if anyone has applied to and/or heard back from CSUDH? I also applied to CSULA and see some people posting that they got a decision. Any info is helpful! Also if you have any other boards or groups that you can connect me to that are for CSU programs it'd be much appreciated.

Hi @Martinez20! I don't have any info about CSULA, unfortunately, but I applied to CSUDH around mid-November and received the email that the social work department was reviewing my application on 1/22. On 2/26 at 8:45pm (had no idea they sent out emails that late on a Friday haha) I got an email saying that I’d been accepted! I’m really hoping that you will hear back soon too, if you haven’t already! 

Also, not sure if you've seen the California Schools of Social Work MSW Applicant Support Group page on Facebook, it's not specific to the CSUs, but a lot of people on there have been sharing about their experience applying and hearing back from multiple CSUs (CSUDH and CSULA included)! That's where I've been getting a lot of my updates ? Wishing you the best of luck!!

It's March 16, when the UCLA admissions committee is suppose to meet.

I applied to CSULA (3rd choice) on Jan 15; I have been waitlisted for their program per an email by Michele Lightburn. 

I applied to CSUN (2nd choice) on Jan 11; I interviewed last Monday and currently still awaiting a response. 

I applied to UCLA (1st choice) on Dec 20 and still have not received a response. I am very nervous although I feel I have a decently strong application and LORs. I also attended all of their webinars and spoke to professors and current students. I am hoping the odds are in my favor and I at least get accepted to 1 of the 3 I applied to. 

Congratulations to those who have received acceptance to their schools! 

Edited by Carovee

12 minutes ago, msw222 said:

Hi everyone, I just got a decision from UCLA in my portal. I didn't get an email. You may want to check. 

Hi! How do you check your portal? Is it the same portal we used to submit our application? I never saw an application status / admissions status on there. Thank you! :)

31 minutes ago, msw222 said:

I checked here. When I clicked on "view my application" it said there was an update. 

https://apply.grad.ucla.edu/apply/status

Hello! By any chance can you fill me in on where you saw on your app that there had been an update. I just checked mine and there isn't anything new. I'm just guessing they haven't got back to me yet but I'd appreciate your help :) 

6 minutes ago, leilanib said:

Hello! By any chance can you fill me in on where you saw on your app that there had been an update. I just checked mine and there isn't anything new. I'm just guessing they haven't got back to me yet but I'd appreciate your help :) 

yeah - when you log in, it should let you click on "2021-2022 graduate application" and then i clicked on that and clicked "open application" and it said "status update" and had a decision letter. i didn't get in, so maybe this is how they do rejections? 

3 minutes ago, msw222 said:

yeah - when you log in, it should let you click on "2021-2022 graduate application" and then i clicked on that and clicked "open application" and it said "status update" and had a decision letter. i didn't get in, so maybe this is how they do rejections? 

Thank you for your help and I'm sorry about the decision. Here's to hoping you'll hear some better news soon. At this point I just need a decision made so I can stop feeling anxious all of the time. Wishing you the best.

3 minutes ago, leilanib said:

Thank you for your help and I'm sorry about the decision. Here's to hoping you'll hear some better news soon. At this point I just need a decision made so I can stop feeling anxious all of the time. Wishing you the best.

i feel your pain! it's a relief to have an answer. hopefully you'll hear soon!

2 hours ago, msw222 said:

Thank you for sharing. I hope you hear some good news from other schools!

27 minutes ago, bananamuffin said:

Anyone still waiting on UCLA? Now I'm getting worried that they've lost my application or something lol

I am still waiting! I emailed Oliver this morning (since another program wanted me to put down my deposit this week) so I'll share when I hear back! I also did see on IG that they're aiming to share an update with all applicants by next EOW.

12 hours ago, bananamuffin said:

Anyone still waiting on UCLA? Now I'm getting worried that they've lost my application or something lol

I was rejected for their MSW program. I just received the rejection letter through the application portal. :(