2022 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admissions Results

neur0naut

10 minutes ago, j118 said:

Seeing all these interviews and haven't gotten a single one yet makes me super nervous and depressed at the same time ?. This is my second time applying and I seriously don't know if I can take another year of all rejections ?

most programs have not started sending out interviews. Best of luck!

33 minutes ago, abineuro said:

Gotcha, thank you! CONGRATS! That is incredible. Would you mind sharing your stats?

Thank you 

Major: CS, Neuroscience double major

GPA: 3.99

publication: 1 published + 1 under review 

Multiple posters and fellowship awards

International with 1.5 yrs of postbac experience 

Hang in there.. I also think that it is too early for despair yet. 

Edited by siguy

40 minutes ago, j118 said:

Seeing all these interviews and haven't gotten a single one yet makes me super nervous and depressed at the same time ?. This is my second time applying and I seriously don't know if I can take another year of all rejections ?

Don't lose hope, though I know it's discouraging. Your resilience is admirable and I am sure that the programs you applied to will see that! There's still lots of time. Best of luck to you!

Saw one person in the results post about an Emory interview, has anyone else received a phone call / email? It's one of my top choices and I haven't heard anything. Well... I haven't heard from anywhere yet to be honest, so that's the most anxiety provoking ?. I know it's still early though. I think most of my programs haven't sent out invites yet

Waiting to hear back from GW, Princeton (don't think I got in based on interviews sent out), Northwestern, Emory, UNC, Vanderbilt, Wisconsin-Madison, UCSD, UCLA and a few others 

Keep your head up everyone! Still early in app cycle

Edited by ak1910

1 hour ago, j118 said:

Today is only the first of many days! I believe

42 minutes ago, ak1910 said:

Saw one person in the results post about an Emory interview, has anyone else received a phone call / email? It's one of my top choices and I haven't heard anything. Well... I haven't heard from anywhere yet to be honest, so that's the most anxiety provoking ?. I know it's still early though. I think most of my programs haven't sent out invites yet

Waiting to hear back from GW, Princeton (don't think I got in based on interviews sent out), Northwestern, Emory, UNC, Vanderbilt, Wisconsin-Madison, UCSD, UCLA and a few others 

Keep your head up everyone! Still early in app cycle

I heard back from Vanderbilt and UNC. I applied before the priority deadline so maybe that's why I received a reply early. I'm also still waiting for Emory and Northwestern as well. Wishing us both good luck! 

16 minutes ago, SloppyLime said:

Got an interview from UMich PIBS at noon today and one from UC San Francisco at 3:20. San Francisco is crazy early: you schedule what time you want to interview and the recruitment weekend is the first weekend in February 

Yes I'm kind of freaking out about UCSF being so early, interviews are the first week of January! Hopefully I can prep by then ? Good luck to you, let's keep in touch in case we have questions!

57 minutes ago, wjs38 said:

I heard back from Vanderbilt and UNC. I applied before the priority deadline so maybe that's why I received a reply early. I'm also still waiting for Emory and Northwestern as well. Wishing us both good luck! 

I'm also waiting on these two schools!  Best luck :)

59 minutes ago, wjs38 said:

Nice! Did you apply to UNC BBSP neuro program with the Nov 22nd priority deadline / dec 1st regular deadline? I applied to the other program, neuroscience & psych department, Dec 14th deadline. Don't think they've sent out interviews for that yet 

Edited by ak1910

1 hour ago, ak1910 said:

Nice! Did you apply to UNC BBSP neuro program with the Nov 22nd priority deadline / dec 1st regular deadline? I applied to the other program, neuroscience & psych department, Dec 14th deadline. Don't think they've sent out interviews for that yet 

It was the UNC BBSP with 11/22 deadline. I'm guessing the other programs haven't sent the invites yet. Good luck! 

Wondering if anyone knows if these schools send email invites out throughout the day/ a few days or all at once? I know Emory sends out phone calls but I haven't gotten one yet

Programs: UCSF, Emory, Brown, Northwestern, GPP, Columbia

I know some have gotten responses from UCSF and Emory

59 minutes ago, wjs38 said:

I just received an invite from NUIN and Emory Neuroscience! Hope you got it as well :) 

That's awesome!!!!!!! So exciting  :) I  haven't yet (only WashU and Tufts). If I get either NIUN or Emory I'LL DIE of happiness 

Got a interview from UCSD(biological sciences, not the neuroscience one with Salk), Northwesten NUIN and UChicago Neurobiology(phone call) on a roll this afternoon! p.s. I am a international currently in the states

Edited by corticostriatal

15 minutes ago, hypothalamus said:

Has anyone heard from Cornell NBB (Ithaca campus)? When I submitted my application, the confirmation email said that they planned to send interview invites before winter break, but I haven’t heard anything or seen posts here. 

Or has anyone heard from UC-Irvine?

I’m not even in neuro (lol), but I’m waiting to hear back from a different Cornell Ithaca program. I can’t even find anyone mentioning they’ve heard back about any Ithaca program yet. Past years invites for most Ithaca programs went out in the Dec 17-Dec 23 range depending on the year, so maybe next week?

34 minutes ago, corticostriatal said:

Got a interview from UCSD(biological sciences, not the neuroscience one with Salk), Northwesten NUIN and UChicago(phone call) on a roll this afternoon! p.s. I am a international currently in the states

Neurobiology at UChicao?