2022 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admissions Results

neur0naut

3 hours ago, abineuro said:

Does anyone know how long it usually takes to receive an acceptance/rejection following an interview? I know this likely varies based on the school in question, but I was curious if there was a general timeline. 

I heard it takes a month on average... but also, if someone rejects an offer, they go down a list and so you might hear back later.

9 hours ago, salomonder said:

Has anyone applying to MIT BCS (Computation Track) received an invitation to interview? 

It does seem like that MIT is over.. But I guess there is still hope because there are two rounds of interviews invitation last year? Also waiting for the systems track

9 minutes ago, NeuroTT said:

It does seem like that MIT is over.. But I guess there is still hope because there are two rounds of interviews invitation last year? Also waiting for the systems track

Oh because around XMas I asked one of the PI I selected and he told me that invitations (for computation at least) were due in a 2-3 weeks, so I kinda had some hope still, but yeah I guess it's very unlikely to get it now ! 

9 minutes ago, salomonder said:

Oh because around XMas I asked one of the PI I selected and he told me that invitations (for computation at least) were due in a 2-3 weeks, so I kinda had some hope still, but yeah I guess it's very unlikely to get it now ! 

I hate to speculate but there is conflicting information between the interview days for this year (Some say Jan some say Mar). I'd expect the interviews to be in late Feb, so there is perhaps still chance!

Just now, NeuroTT said:

I hate to speculate but there is conflicting information between the interview days for this year (Some say Jan some say Mar). I'd expect the interviews to be in late Feb, so there is perhaps still chance!

My girlfriend has been invited and, for her, the interview is in early March. She selected Cog Neuro as a first choice, so I don't know if this can affect the timeline in some way ! 

2 minutes ago, salomonder said:

My girlfriend has been invited and, for her, the interview is in early March. She selected Cog Neuro as a first choice, so I don't know if this can affect the timeline in some way ! 

Oh dang! Hope you will get it sometimes soon :)

2 hours ago, GibonFrog said:

Yeah, is there some sort of universal ranking? USNEWS doesn't seem to have graduate neuroscience rankings. 

6 hours ago, momotaro said:

Does anyone know how programs rank relative to each other?

Rankings for grad programs are slightly nebulous because there's different components to it. Maybe looking at overall graduate rankings of a school is better than just a program within. Most faculty are intertwined with multiple programs within a university, and rankings depend on three main concepts: how much money do the PI's bring in, how many well established PI's are there within a program, how much monetary donations does a program get. 

Has anyone heard from UMiami, Einstein (biomedical sciences) , TempleU , Columbia and UCLA?

Already got 3 invites but radio silence from the ones above :(

I applied to 10 programs, but with two rejections already, I am frustrated about not having applied to more of them ?

Edited by mgmgmgm

2 hours ago, mgmgmgm said:

Has anyone heard from UMiami, Einstein (biomedical sciences) , TempleU , Columbia and UCLA?

I applied to 10 programs, but with two rejections already, I am frustrated about not having applied to more of them ?

3 invites is already a lot!  Seems Columbia has done. I didn’t get one either but saw several people posted about it.

Edited by wawawaka

12 hours ago, mgmgmgm said:

Which program at Temple? I applied to the program through the psych department and have yet to hear back as well.

4 minutes ago, GibonFrog said:

Did anyone else get an enigmatic email congratulating them for admissions from University of Pittsburgh school of computing? Not sure what this means, but probably an error on their part. 

funniest part about this email "To that end, please allow us to introduce your academic advisor, Dr.None."

PLEASE LMAO

3 minutes ago, GibonFrog said:

On a serious note, did you already get in to CNUP/ hear back from them? 

I didn’t but I accidentally messed up the application so I’m pretty sure I was rejected. I believe they’ve also sent out all interview invites (based on last year’s results)

18 hours ago, mgmgmgm said:

3 invites is awesome! I heard from UCLA but I'm not sure about the others. Good luck on your interviews :)