2022 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admissions Results

neur0naut

11 minutes ago, NeuroRanger said:

Thanks, Neurostar7.  According to the gradcafe postings, it is not looking likely I will receive an interview.  It appears that others received interview notifications for 6/7 programs I applied to.  Best of luck to everyone else!

I know it's hard to have hope but if you did not receive an official rejection yet, anything is possible.  I feel sympathetic for everyone waiting to hear back...it's a rough couple of months.  If this helps you feel better..I did have to reapply this year after being rejected from every school last year.  It is more common than most people think, and you have to remember it is not necessarily because you didn't do enough or did something wrong... the application pool is so fierce... I wish you all the luck, and crossing my fingers you hear some good news. 

1 hour ago, GibonFrog said:

is NUIN or or uPitt done sending interviews?

I have not seen any UPitt interviews posted on the other page.  I did see one person say they have a neuro interview at Northwestern but that is it... usually many people get invites and several will post on that page.. so I am assuming maybe not? 

13 minutes ago, neurostar7 said:

I have not seen any UPitt interviews posted on the other page.  I did see one person say they have a neuro interview at Northwestern but that is it... usually many people get invites and several will post on that page.. so I am assuming maybe not? 

yeah i saw that to, but i think usually there are 3-4 submissions so I kinda hope thats some special occasion. 

6 hours ago, neurostar7 said:

I got an interview for UPitt a few days ago! But I also haven’t seen any others on the results page. I imagine they are rolling invites?

53 minutes ago, Testaccountg said:

Is there any downside to choosing the later of two interview dates? Maybe it’s advantageous to interview earlier? Anyone know?

I can't speak to the programs you applied to but for USC, they specifically state in the interview invitation that choosing an earlier date doesn't serve as an advantage of any kind, it's strictly for scheduling convenience. 

11 minutes ago, rainbowsprimkle said:

I’m right there w you. 
Their first interview weekend is coming up in a couple weeks, so I’ve already kinda expected the worst. 

Anyone know if Penn is done sending out interview invites? 

I emailed them on the 23rd and they replied that they were still reviewing applications. 

Has anyone else received an interview invite from OHSU?

I accepted an invitation to interview but have not received any response to my acceptance email, and no sign of the email with more questions/info that the invite email suggested would follow if I accepted.  It’s been over a week since I initially accepted and the deadline to accept is the 3rd. The radio silence is making me nervous that emails may not reaching the right inboxes. Is anyone else in a similar situation? Have you received some confirmation or more information about the interviews?

39 minutes ago, ens25 said:

I accepted an invitation to interview but have not received any response to my acceptance email, and no sign of the email with more questions/info that the invite email suggested would follow if I accepted.  It’s been over a week since I initially accepted and the deadline to accept is the 3rd. The radio silence is making me nervous that emails may not reaching the right inboxes. Is anyone else in a similar situation? Have you received some confirmation or more information about the interviews?

I'd try not to worry. Both of the programs I have interviews at have yet to respond. One of them has automatic replies stating that they will not be back until Monday. Try to keep calm!

2 hours ago, ens25 said:

Congrats on the interview invite!! Did you happen to contact faculty members you are interested in working with before applying to OHSU? My application was rejected and I am just trying to understand what could have gone wrong. Goodluck!