2022 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admissions Results

neur0naut

8 hours ago, Ugochukwu583 said:

anyone heard from any of these schools?

harvard

stanford

yale (interdepartmental neuroscience program)

princeton

emory

wustl

cold spring harbour 

uni of utah

brown uni

duke uni (neurobiology. 

Stanford started inviting people yesterday and (hopefully) last a few more days. Princeton, Harvard, Duke I believe are done. Brown I thought was also done but someone posted an interview update on Jan 4th so Ig they’re still sending a few out. Rest I didn’t apply so I didn’t pay much attention/ don’t know.

6 minutes ago, brkkmnkk said:

Stanford started inviting people yesterday and (hopefully) last a few more days. Princeton, Harvard, Duke I believe are done. Brown I thought was also done but someone posted an interview update on Jan 4th so Ig they’re still sending a few out. Rest I didn’t apply so I didn’t pay much attention/ don’t know.

thank you. i’ll await their response. hopefully something positive happens. 

20 hours ago, caligirl said:

I received an interview invitation from UChicago on December 22 from the chairs of the admissions committee. The included a survey to select which track you had applied for, options of Computational Neuroscience and Neurobiology. The interview is two days of the first week of February. Not personalized at all, but I'm not sure if those were all of the invites, although they are finalizing the interview schedule this week they said. Hopefully thats helpful!

Interesting... I applied to the integrative neuroscience track so i wonder if those interviews are on a separate weekend. Anyone have any insight on this? The professor I applied to seemed SUPER enthusiastic when I reached out before submitting app, but I've heard nothing from him since applying..

1 hour ago, Akirashinichi said:

Does anyone know what’s up with Rutgers Behavioral and Systems Neuroscience interview invitations? I saw one person post they got an interview but that’s it. I emailed the grad coordinator but they never got back to me. 

I heard back from them Dec. 31st. It also might depend by campus though?

1 minute ago, momotaro said:

I heard back from them Dec. 31st. It also might depend by campus though?

I applied to the New Brunswick campus and I had a pre-interview with a the professor I reached out to prior to submission. They seemed really enthusiastic about having me and went out to say that I would definitely be invited for an interview. Maybe I should reach out to the professor directly to see what’s going on? 

11 hours ago, Ugochukwu583 said:

anyone heard from any of these schools?

harvard

stanford

yale (interdepartmental neuroscience program)

princeton

emory

wustl

cold spring harbour 

uni of utah

brown uni

duke uni (neurobiology. 

For Utah, I first got an email invitation from 2 PIs I had mentioned in my sop mid dec and then once I confirmed w them that I would interview, I started communicating with their program coordinator, as of rn, the interview is in person and I think they had two weekends to choose from in Feb. 

Does anyone know if Stanford leaves a voicemail when they contact applicants for interviews? I got a call yesterday from their area code but no voicemail and when I call back the line is always busy. 

I heard that they don't send official emails until a week or so! I believe they would go another round today but haven't started i think since I yet to see anyone posting Stanford.

Edited by Neuropsy

Waiting on Penn NGG and I'm going crazy, anyone know anything? It seems in years past there were two interview weekends (Jan and Feb) and invites were sent out in December and early January, so it should be any day now that second round interviews come out (last year was 1/5). I hope this is still the case!

Edited by wistem11

10 minutes ago, Neuropsy said:

Does anyone know if Stanford leaves a voicemail when they contact applicants for interviews? I got a call yesterday from their area code but no voicemail and when I call back the line is always busy. 

I heard that they don't send official emails until a week or so! I believe they would go another round today but haven't started i think since I yet to see anyone posting Stanford.

It seems like they would leave a voicemail but I am not sure. Maybe try googling the number to see if it is associated with Stanford.

8 minutes ago, EPM said:

It seems like they would leave a voicemail but I am not sure. Maybe try googling the number to see if it is associated with Stanford.

Yeah, tried googling but no results. The area code is definitely their area and used by their school/depts. Maybe they didn't leave a voicemail because they are making rush calls, or have an official email coming out soon anyways so they don't want to waste time...idk just gut feelings stuff. 

1 hour ago, littleneuroscientist said:

For Utah, I first got an email invitation from 2 PIs I had mentioned in my sop mid dec and then once I confirmed w them that I would interview, I started communicating with their program coordinator, as of rn, the interview is in person and I think they had two weekends to choose from in Feb. 

When did you submit your application? Their deadline was dec 31 so I just submitted it pretty much end of dec and still awaiting on the decision. 

3 hours ago, wistem11 said:

Waiting on Penn NGG and I'm going crazy, anyone know anything? It seems in years past there were two interview weekends (Jan and Feb) and invites were sent out in December and early January, so it should be any day now that second round interviews come out (last year was 1/5). I hope this is still the case!

I just got an email back from BGS today, and they said that NGG is sending out on a rolling basis, so they expect us to hear by the end of the month at the latest. I am also going crazy with anticipation!

15 minutes ago, abineuro said:

I just got an email back from BGS today, and they said that NGG is sending out on a rolling basis, so they expect us to hear by the end of the month at the latest. I am also going crazy with anticipation!

omggg im so happy to hear that lol 

23 hours ago, Neuropsy said:

I think their invites are rolling basis and not all in one day? I received a phone call from stanford's area code, but no one left a voicemail and no email (i think emails pour out later next week), i tried calling back line is busy, anyone have any idea on how they work?

I got a call today from an unknown number but my phone died while it was ringing ? no idea if it was Stanford or spam lol and i can't see the number anymore