2022 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admissions Results

neur0naut

3 hours ago, sem12 said:

anyone know when UT austin is supposed to send invites? it seems last year people got invites Dec 15th

Looks like at least a couple of people heard back this evening... I'm still waiting to hear back from them as well. Have you gotten any updates?

31 minutes ago, brkkmnkk said:

I applied to 10 schools:

Waiting: Boston Uni, Brown, Columbia, Duke, Harvard, Princeton, Stanford, UMiami, and UMich

I received an interview from Weill Cornell yesterday 1:11 EST.

I got rejected from Duke Cognitive Neuroscience. That was my secondary choice as program within Duke. I haven't heard anything from Duke Neurobiology.

I heard someone got a UMich interview earlier in the thread. I guess also Princeton too. Anyone have updates on the other ones?

GL to all

I got an invite from Duke neurobiology yesterday and from UMich a couple of days ago. I'm also waiting for Stanford as well. Good luck to both of us :)

2 minutes ago, wjs38 said:

I got an invite from Duke neurobiology yesterday and from UMich a couple of days ago. I'm also waiting for Stanford as well. Good luck to both of us :)

Congrats on your interviews!! Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Stanford sends out invites early to mid-january.

1 hour ago, green_228 said:

Looks like at least a couple of people heard back this evening... I'm still waiting to hear back from them as well. Have you gotten any updates?

I got an invite!!! This is my first one and I'm so excited! This at least means I'm seriously being considered. I was worried because I don't have much research experience.

btw, this was the only email in my spam so def check your spam inbox folks!!

Schools I applied to: 1) Univ of Oregon 2) CMU 3) CNUP 4) NUIN 5) UCSB 6) NYU 7) Brandeis 8 ) Umass Amherst 9) Brown 10) Dartmouth 11) Princeton 12) Uof Rocherster 13) USC 14) Emory.

I got interviews for UofO and USC. Do you guys know which ones are done sending invites on my list? 

10 hours ago, momotaro said:

Does anyone know what the etiquette is with conflicting interview schedules? Once you confirmed that you will be attending interview dates are you able to ask them to reschedule/cancel?

I have the same question! One school (Iowa), which I already accepted because they were the first to send an email, is in person and the other one (Minnesota) which I just got an email for today is virtual. In terms of program, I'd prefer going to Minnesota but I don't want to cancel my in person interview for Iowa either. Hopefully I can email Minnesota to ask them to reschedule since they're virtual. 

4 hours ago, BlondeScience said:

I did!

Hi! Did you hear back from the program? I saw on the result page that some students got interview offers in early December (Biomedical Sciences, no concentration specified). I was wondering whether each concentration/department sends out invites separately or not.

7 hours ago, GibonFrog said:

Schools I applied to: 1) Univ of Oregon 2) CMU 3) CNUP 4) NUIN 5) UCSB 6) NYU 7) Brandeis 8 ) Umass Amherst 9) Brown 10) Dartmouth 11) Princeton 12) Uof Rocherster 13) USC 14) Emory.

I got interviews for UofO and USC. Do you guys know which ones are done sending invites on my list? 

Dartmouth.. Their program site says by 21 Dec all interview invites will be sent out..

Emailed Rockefeller ytd, the person in charge said all invites will be out by Dec 22. 

14 hours ago, sem12 said:

I got an invite!!! This is my first one and I'm so excited! This at least means I'm seriously being considered. I was worried because I don't have much research experience.

btw, this was the only email in my spam so def check your spam inbox folks!!

Congrats! Could you share some information about the invitation?

Is it virtual or in-person? And what date?

Thanks! Good luck to you!

3 minutes ago, neurofidelity said:

Did any domestic applicants receive interviews from UChicago yet? 

I got a UChicago interview invite from faculty on Monday. I got a formal invitation today. (I'm domestic in Neurobiology)

Edited by momotaro

Hello all!

I'm new here. Just a little intro I studied Music and Neuroscience in undergrad and was on the medical school track, worked in an ER for a few years, until I fell in love with research in my Masters program.

I have been working as an RA in the Neuro lab that I did my MS thesis in for 2 years now helping research the circuitries underlying vision, spatial memory and decision making. My mentors here are physician scientists and I'm inspired literally everyday.

I applied to NYU, Columbia, Einstein, WashU St. Louis, University of Pittsburgh, Harvard, Stanford and UCLA. I have not heard a word back from any of them. So naturally I am starting to sweat, check my spam folder 7 times a day and just generally start to lose hope.....

1 hour ago, aBrainDrain said:

Received an interview from MIT this morning! I didn't think I would even hear from them regardless of decision until January. This feels like a dream.

Congrats!!! Was this an official email or communication from a PI?

In previous years people have heard around this time as they finish the first batch now. You must be a clear admit. 

Edited by sem12