PhD / DrPh Fall 2022

13 minutes ago, DrPH Hopeful 2022 said:

Congrats on the interview! I hope it went well. I interviewed a couple of weeks ago and heard the same timeline. Which track did you interview for? Wishing us both luck! Who knows, maybe we'll be in the same cohort (fingers crossed). :)

Congrats to you as well! I applied for the DrPH in Epi program. How about you? It's been pretty nerve wrecking to be honest, but I think the interview went well. Not expecting an acceptance though since they also mentioned that they had SO many competitive applicants this year. Oh well, we shall see! Best of luck to you. 

3 minutes ago, ArkDrPH2022 said:

Congrats to you as well! I applied for the DrPH in Epi program. How about you? It's been pretty nerve wrecking to be honest, but I think the interview went well. Not expecting an acceptance though since they also mentioned that they had SO many competitive applicants this year. Oh well, we shall see! Best of luck to you. 

I feel the same! I debated between epi and global health & humanitarian systems tracks, and I ended up going with global health since most of my work is in surveillance systems enhancement and capacity building. Hopefully we'll hear back this month. The waiting game is the WORST.

1 hour ago, globalPHphd said:

Do you think UW's interview invites/acceptances were rolling or sent out all at once? I am wondering if it is even worth it to reach out to them regarding the status of my application.

I'm not sure! In my acceptance letter it said to let them know if I decide not to attend, as they have a waitlist. I'm not sure what their process is for sending out acceptances / waitlist offers. 

10 hours ago, epi2022 said:

Hi! Congratulations! I also applied to UCLA Epi and have heard nothing from them... I know it is a long shot though... Could you please share your track in Epi? Also do you know if they have sent out all invites yet? I am assuming it is a rolling basis but I think they have sent out lots of invites already... Thanks in advance!

Hi, I applied to EHS so I am not quite sure about the information about Epi program. I was contacted by one of the faculty. 

1 hour ago, publichealth22 said:

Congratulations on the interview! Do you know if that holds true for the PhD programs, as well?

Hi- I interviewed for Columbia Epi PhD last week, and they said they were meeting this week and decisions would be sent out by end of February. I don't think my interview went too well, so I'm not feeling very hopeful for myself unfortunately. I'm not sure about the other PhD programs. Hope that helps! 

8 minutes ago, publichealthPhD said:

I'm not sure! In my acceptance letter it said to let them know if I decide not to attend, as they have a waitlist. I'm not sure what their process is for sending out acceptances / waitlist offers. 

Thanks for letting me know! Fingers crossed!

6 minutes ago, phd_2022 said:

Hi- I interviewed for Columbia Epi PhD last week, and they said they were meeting this week and decisions would be sent out by end of February. I don't think my interview went too well, so I'm not feeling very hopeful for myself unfortunately. I'm not sure about the other PhD programs. Hope that helps! 

Hi! Thank you so much for sharing. I took the silence as an unofficial rejection from Columbia Epi program for me, but after hearing your experience, I feel it helps a little with the mental prepping of receiving an official rejection. 

I wish you all the luck and that the interviewers felt the oppositely of how you did about your interview with them! 

25 minutes ago, DrPH2022WI said:

Well I did it, emailed Rutgers asking for any updates on decisions for the DrPH, will update when I get a response. Congrats to those who have been getting acceptances!

Haha I did this yesterday! I received a response this morning and it was very lovely. I was told they are in the final stages of decisions and will be sending them out "over the next week or so". I have really enjoyed every interaction I have had with Rutgers. I've read the email reply like 100 times in the last 2 hours since I got it ?

2 hours ago, Ehphd said:

What is his initials? I heard one of my PI written on SOP is on Sabbatical which was not on the website, so maybe that’s the reason…? Interviews seemed like it is really up to the professors. For some schools they have less say to the admissions, and some seems like they recommend students to the committee. 

I'll DM you the initials. I'm pretty sure he's not on sabbatical since he mentioned he'd like to take on students in the incoming year and he has multiple active grants. I know someone was accepted without interview but also saw people here receiving interviews. The whole review process at UCLA is very unclear to me.

11 minutes ago, DrPHPlans said:

Haha I did this yesterday! I received a response this morning and it was very lovely. I was told they are in the final stages of decisions and will be sending them out "over the next week or so". I have really enjoyed every interaction I have had with Rutgers. I've read the email reply like 100 times in the last 2 hours since I got it ?

Haha, aw well thank you for letting me know that. Yea my friend goes to Rutgers for Masters and loves the school. Good luck to us both!

3 minutes ago, CamilleBackman said:

Just got phone offer from Hopkins for PhD in health policy. Seems like more offers would be coming through in next few days or weeks with the possibility of more as people accept or decline their offers. 

Congrats! Which concentration was this for?

17 minutes ago, CamilleBackman said:

Just got phone offer from Hopkins for PhD in health policy. Seems like more offers would be coming through in next few days or weeks with the possibility of more as people accept or decline their offers. 

Congrats!!

I haven't seen many previous posts about interviews for this program. Did you interview or was this an admission without an interview?

9 minutes ago, bbrwin said:

Congrats!!

I haven't seen many previous posts about interviews for this program. Did you interview or was this an admission without an interview?

Also curious to know. I never received an interview for JHU. Guess that means I'll be getting a rejection soon... Oh well!