PhD / DrPh Fall 2022

30 minutes ago, EPIPHD518 said:

Has anyone heard back from UC Irvine PhD in epidemiology?

I haven't heard from UCI yet, but for Disease Prevention track! It seems like students on track to being admitted will be invited to their prospective visit day, which has historically been this week! I'm sure UCI is running behind though, because it doesn't seem like they released any kind of decision for all 3 of the tracks! Wishing the best for both of us! :)

Official rejection from Johns Hopkins on Wednesday (Health Policy PhD, Health and Public Policy track).

Official Acceptance from George Washington today (Health Policy PhD).

I knew the GW acceptance was coming as I have been in discussions with the GWU admissions team about funding for the past few days because I have partial external funding (GI Bill) available and they wanted to make sure their offer would cover the difference.

35 minutes ago, FuturePhDPls said:

I haven't heard from UCI yet, but for Disease Prevention track! It seems like students on track to being admitted will be invited to their prospective visit day, which has historically been this week! I'm sure UCI is running behind though, because it doesn't seem like they released any kind of decision for all 3 of the tracks! Wishing the best for both of us! :)

I'm also waiting for UCI!! Rooting for us!!!

1 hour ago, FuturePhDPls said:

Thank you for the update. Good luck on your application!

14 hours ago, publichealthnerdd said:

Hi! I know some BSHS people have received official acceptance emails!

18 hours ago, Public_health_and_cats said:

Someone posted that they received an unofficial email on their acceptance for Brown BSHS yesterday. Has anyone received official word? I was feeling really good about this one until now…

I heard they haven’t sent them all out they’re sending them individually!! :)

Long-time lurker on this forum, but just heard back from my first school! Interviewing with CUNY Environmental and Planetary Health Sciences on Friday. This is my first time applying, any tips on how to best prepare for the interview? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I also applied to:

UIC Community Health Sciences - No word

UCLA Community Health Sciences - No word

SDSU/UCSD Health Behavior - No word

4 minutes ago, HOPEFULLPHD2022 said:

That's great!!!! Congratulations!!!! I'm waiting for reply from Environmental track. Did u also get interviewed Jan 27ish? 

Thank you!! I was not interviewed, but it may be different for different tracks since EHS is technically in another department. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!! :)

3 hours ago, jrob_phphd said:

any tips on how to best prepare for the interview?

I prepped for interviews by making sure I could answer questions like:

• Why a PhD?
  • Why this program?
  • What faculty I want to work with?
  • Dissertation ideas?

And of course, be ready to talk about your background, and have some questions prepared that are about the program in general and about the faculty member's own research.

I also found it helpful to connect with current students prior to interviewing.

Good luck!

3 hours ago, jrob_phphd said:

Long-time lurker on this forum, but just heard back from my first school! Interviewing with CUNY Environmental and Planetary Health Sciences on Friday. This is my first time applying, any tips on how to best prepare for the interview? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I also applied to:

UIC Community Health Sciences - No word

UCLA Community Health Sciences - No word

SDSU/UCSD Health Behavior - No word

First time post from another long time lurker. Congrats! I've also got an interview with CUNY SPH coming up this week for Epi. It's my first interview and I'm also nervous. 

If you don't mind my asking, is your interview panel professors from the admissions committee or professors who would be your potential advisor?

45 minutes ago, publichealthPhD said:

• Why a PhD?
  • Why this program?
  • Dissertation ideas?

And of course, be ready to talk about your background, and have some questions prepared that are about the program in general and about the faculty member's own research.

Good luck!

Thank you, I'll make sure to be prepared for those types of questions!

39 minutes ago, BlueberryPi said:

First time post from another long time lurker. Congrats! I've also got an interview with CUNY SPH coming up this week for Epi. It's my first interview and I'm also nervous. 

If you don't mind my asking, is your interview panel professors from the admissions committee or professors who would be your potential advisor?

It looks like the panel is from the admissions committee. Good luck on your interview!

2 hours ago, publichealthPhD said:

• Why a PhD?
  • Why this program?
  • Dissertation ideas?

Good luck!

Hi! I would also prepare to talk about you can provide for the school, (why should they invest in you) in addition to why you think you would be a great fit for the program :)  

4 hours ago, publichealthPhD said:

• Why a PhD?
  • Why this program?
  • Dissertation ideas?

Good luck!

100% concur. Also keep in mind questions like “What are you looking for in a supervisor or what expectations do you have for your supervisor in terms of the support you envision they will offer you”? 

Long time lurker, first time poster. Anyone heard from Hopkins SBS since interview? Or know when decisions are going to come out? My interviewer had told me we'd get an email from the DGC with funding package info a couple of weeks post-interview but didn't give me a good timeline of when that'd be.