PhD / DrPh Fall 2022

3 hours ago, DrPHPlans said:

Rutgers DrPH folks -- I've been accepted! I am so thrilled and in disbelief. This is my first doctorate cycle and so far I've just received a rejection, so I am just so absolutely happy about this. I have really loved every interaction with Rutgers so I know it'll be great if I accept. 

I applied to the fellowship program at JHU so since that'd be full funding, I'd probably have to choose that one if I get in. But that's getting accepted to that program plus the fellowship, so I'm not holding my breath too hard there. In any case, check your emails. 

Congrats!! It's nice to hear some DrPH updates. ?

I'm also waiting to hear back from JHU. Fingers crossed!

7 hours ago, pubhealth20 said:

Has anyone heard from UNC HPM or JHU International Health (Health Systems)?

Thanks!

I have applied at UNC PhD Health Behaviour programme. I have not heard anything from them yet. 
So, far I have only received rejections. I am waiting to hear back from University Of Pittsburgh, UNC and Yale. 
Just wanted to ask you all if you had got in touch with professors before applying? 

Congratulations to those who are accepted by UPenn Epi. I have not heard back after the interview. I guess it means rejection. UPenn is my top choice. Anyway, life still goes on. Still have one more school left.

15 hours ago, DrPHPlans said:

Rutgers DrPH folks -- I've been accepted! I am so thrilled and in disbelief. This is my first doctorate cycle and so far I've just received a rejection, so I am just so absolutely happy about this. I have really loved every interaction with Rutgers so I know it'll be great if I accept. 

I applied to the fellowship program at JHU so since that'd be full funding, I'd probably have to choose that one if I get in. But that's getting accepted to that program plus the fellowship, so I'm not holding my breath too hard there. In any case, check your emails. 

That is awesome news! Congrats! Havent heard yet but hope i hear by end of the week then.

1 minute ago, DrPH2022WI said:

That is awesome news! Congrats! Havent heard yet but hope i hear by end of the week then.

Thank you! I really hope you hear soon, and get good news. I have heard from multiple colleagues and academics that this cycle is particularly hard in PH. I wasn't expecting that when I first applied but it's worked out that way. Best of luck to everyone. 

40 minutes ago, DrPHPlans said:

Thank you! I really hope you hear soon, and get good news. I have heard from multiple colleagues and academics that this cycle is particularly hard in PH. I wasn't expecting that when I first applied but it's worked out that way. Best of luck to everyone. 

Agree wholeheartedly with this year's tough cycle. As an international, I was convinced by POIs to apply to as many programs as I can (which was quite expensive), but it was worth it. The feeling of acceptance is priceless, and I hope everyone will have one this cycle. Fingers crossed for everyone here!

13 hours ago, PhD2022_dd said:

I have applied at UNC PhD Health Behaviour programme. I have not heard anything from them yet. 
So, far I have only received rejections. I am waiting to hear back from University Of Pittsburgh, UNC and Yale. 
Just wanted to ask you all if you had got in touch with professors before applying? 

Hey, I also applied for the UNC Health Behavior programme. I had an interview with one of the professors, which she tagged as an unofficial interview session. but haven't heard anything from the uni yet

31 minutes ago, twit_twit said:

Hey, I also applied for the UNC Health Behavior programme. I had an interview with one of the professors, which she tagged as an unofficial interview session. but haven't heard anything from the uni yet

That is great! I hope you hear positive news soon. Could you please tell me when did you have the interview and if you had contacted the professor before applying. 

41 minutes ago, PhD2022_dd said:

That is great! I hope you hear positive news soon. Could you please tell me when did you have the interview and if you had contacted the professor before applying. 

yes. I contacted her before applying. I was interested in her research. but she said as the admission is central, she can take me only if i qualify for the central admission. I haven't heard from them yet. I am now wondering if I was a good candidate or not

Received a email today from Drexel University to check my application status. Got rejected for their Health Services Research and Policy PhD program. Didn't get a interview either so I saw it coming.

Look like I will officially attend University of Maryland, College Park for their Health Services Research PhD program.

15 hours ago, twit_twit said:

yes. I contacted her before applying. I was interested in her research. but she said as the admission is central, she can take me only if i qualify for the central admission. I haven't heard from them yet. I am now wondering if I was a good candidate or not

I have not received any interview invites yet. I also had not contacted professors before applying. Lesson learnt now though. All the very best! I hope you receive good news soon.  

15 minutes ago, Billowack said:

Any other DrPH-ers get the email from Hopkins and immediately panic for no good reason? ? I can't wait to no longer have to stress about this! 

I didn't even see the email until after seeing your post, and I still got the adrenaline rush. ?‍♀️  I'm so over seeing these teaser emails! Did I go check the portal just in case? You bet. 

39 minutes ago, Billowack said:

Any other DrPH-ers get the email from Hopkins and immediately panic for no good reason? ? I can't wait to no longer have to stress about this! 

Hahah, I TOTALLY panicked after reading the subject line. Got half way through the email before I realized there was nothing to report!?

23 minutes ago, DrPH Hopeful 2022 said:

Looks like someone posted a rejection to Boston University's DrPH program on the results page. Has anyone else heard? It's been radio silence since I interviewed last week of January, but I think they finished their interviews last week. 

Hi, woke up to a rejection email from BUSPH DrPH program too. Was expecting it since I didn't get an interview. But I am hopeful for the rest.