Counselling Psychology Applicants 2022 CANADA

cofffeee

For those wondering about OISE MEd, I applied to this program and also UofT's MSW program. And people over in the MSW forum who were accepted to the Advanced standing stream are saying their UofT Acorn portal changed to show "invited" and shows a $500 deposit fee, even though some still haven't received an email saying they've been accepted. So the Acorn portal may be a good place to check vs. the admissions portal that just says "Submitted" still lol. I'm a previous UofT graduate so I already have an Acorn account but I think for those who didn't go to UofT, you would have received an email about JoinID or something 

1 hour ago, T.O.hopeful said:

For those wondering about OISE MEd, I applied to this program and also UofT's MSW program. And people over in the MSW forum who were accepted to the Advanced standing stream are saying their UofT Acorn portal changed to show "invited" and shows a $500 deposit fee, even though some still haven't received an email saying they've been accepted. So the Acorn portal may be a good place to check vs. the admissions portal that just says "Submitted" still lol. I'm a previous UofT graduate so I already have an Acorn account but I think for those who didn't go to UofT, you would have received an email about JoinID or something 

I never got instructions to log into acorn (I’m also not a previous uoft student). Should I be emailing them?

26 minutes ago, optimisticfutureinpsyc said:

same here. im wondering if i should email them, but i feel like im going to get the generic “theres nothing you need to do on your part” email ? im getting so impatient and worrieddd

I feel ya - I sent an email inquiry early Wednesday morning and still haven't heard back :( I was really really hoping to hear something back by today, haha

3 hours ago, MHTherapy said:

I never got instructions to log into acorn (I’m also not a previous uoft student). Should I be emailing them?

When I googled joinid, it looks like it could be something sent to people just finishing their undergrad. So maybe if you already finished undergrad before this year, they wouldn't have sent you the joinid email. One of the MSW people accepted said they received their acceptance email a day after it changed on Acorn, so if you don't have access to Acorn, it's probably okay as it looks like they may email within 24 hours. 

5 hours ago, T.O.hopeful said:

Thanks for the tip. I just checked my Acorn but it doesn't appear to show "invited".  Fingers crossed it'll change soon.

Edited by teacoffee

1 hour ago, T.O.hopeful said:

When I googled joinid, it looks like it could be something sent to people just finishing their undergrad. So maybe if you already finished undergrad before this year, they wouldn't have sent you the joinid email. One of the MSW people accepted said they received their acceptance email a day after it changed on Acorn, so if you don't have access to Acorn, it's probably okay as it looks like they may email within 24 hours. 

Ah yes, I graduated in 2021 from my undergrad at a different university, so I guess that’s why I didn’t get a login. That’s fine though, as you said I’m sure they would reach out via email soon thereafter :) thanks so much for the info!

Edited by MHTherapy

On 3/2/2022 at 9:31 PM, imfeeling2022 said:

Does anyone know if Laurier's Spiritual Care and Psychotherapy program has an interview component to the application?

No idea :( I do have a question though - did you do the snapshot component of the Casper test? Are we supposed to do it? Admissions won't get back to me.

On 3/5/2022 at 5:39 PM, TherapyTT said:

No idea :( I do have a question though - did you do the snapshot component of the Casper test? Are we supposed to do it? Admissions won't get back to me.

So I didn't because the laurier application didn't make it very clear that Snapshot was necessary, but let me know if admissions gets back to you.

it's driving me crazy how long it's taking OISE to roll out answers, i'm so nervous.. @ManukaHoney my backup plan is Yorkville, I don't know any other programs sorry! 

did anyone who emailed Todd get a response yet?

Edited by stillpsych

Just now, stillpsych said:

it's driving me crazy how long it's taking OISE to roll out answers, i'm so nervous.. @ManukaHoney my backup plan is Yorkville, I don't know any other programs sorry!

I know! This waiting is driving me insane, I check 20 times a day & all I see is the “submitted” thing on their website. 
& okay good to know, I may consider Yorkville next year also

On 3/4/2022 at 5:35 PM, T.O.hopeful said:

Thanks for the tip! I checked mine and balance says 0. Does this mean I am not likely to be accepted?

1 hour ago, ManukaHoney said:

This is a random question, but I am just planning ahead incase I don’t get accepted. Does anyone know any online MA counselling programs (other than Yorkville and Adler)? I am stuck in Toronto and can’t relocate so I can only apply to OISE

There is Adler Toronto.  It is not MA in counselling but MPsy (https://www.adler.ca/)

33 minutes ago, ManukaHoney said:

I know! This waiting is driving me insane, I check 20 times a day & all I see is the “submitted” thing on their website. 
& okay good to know, I may consider Yorkville next year also

Yorkville has January, May, and September intakes and applications are considered on a rolling basis (If you apply now you could likely start in September..maybe even May!). I am currently working at a psychotherapy clinic and 3 of our practicum students are Yorkville students. They speak highly of it and seem to be well trained and prepared for practicum work! Definitely worth considering :)

24 minutes ago, ManukaHoney said:

Thanks for the tip! I checked mine and balance says 0. Does this mean I am not likely to be accepted?

No, since they haven't released the results yet, it should say $0 for everyone still. Also, I'm just going based on what the MSW students are saying, I don't know for sure if the Acorn portal will change for MEd applicants. I just know they said their application portal still showed "Submitted" even though, Acorn changed for them!