2022-2023 Clinical Psychology Applications - Canada

I did have an informal interview at uOttawa with a POI last week. I had also applied to UVIC but haven't heard anything from yet…I wonder if anyone else has heard back from UVIC ?

I doubt you can resubmit transcripts but your best bet would be ask the program admin

1 hour ago, skowall said:

Has anyone heard from Calgary, Ryerson, Ottawa or UVic? I've only heard from UofM but only because I had a connection in the department. It's my first time applying so I'm super nervous. I'm also still in progress of finishing my undergrad degree. Does anyone know if we can resubmit transcripts or update it as we receive more marks? Let me know :)

2 minutes ago, Electricladder said:

I did have an informal interview at uOttawa with a POI last week. I had also applied to UVIC but haven't heard anything from yet…I wonder if anyone else has heard back from UVIC ?

I doubt you can resubmit transcripts but your best bet would be ask the program admin

Do you mind DMing me your POI?

School: University of Victoria (Clinical Neuropsychology)

Date of Invite: January 17

**This is an informal interview invite which determines who moves on to the formal interview**

I hope this is helpful for anyone waiting on UVIC! Apparently they received 400+ applications this cycle which is insane. Feel free to DM me for my PI's initials :)

9 hours ago, AspiringClinPsych said:

School: University of Victoria (Clinical Neuropsychology)

Date of Invite: January 17

**This is an informal interview invite which determines who moves on to the formal interview**

I hope this is helpful for anyone waiting on UVIC! Apparently they received 400+ applications this cycle which is insane. Feel free to DM me for my PI's initials :)

Thanks for sharing and congrats on the interview! 

Wow, I still can't wrap my head around these crazy numbers. 

17 hours ago, hopelessbuthoping said:

I applied to 4 schools and 5 programs but haven't heard back from any of them. I knew going my chances were low but Im starting to get nervous that I haven't made it to the next round of any school.

Depending on which schools/programs you applied to it may still be quite early to hear a response. Some programs did not contact students for interviews until late January/early February last year. Nothing's official until you receive a response! 

**Sorry this was supposed to be a response to the above poster! I can't figure out how to directly respond :)

I heard back from UVic about an informal preliminary interview with BT over the holidays. Her preliminary interviews were completed by January 10th! She let me know on the call I'd very likely be receiving the official interview invite on January 21st (I think that was the date)!

Edited by ClinicalPsychBean

21 hours ago, jenbloobery said:

Hi all! Just wondering if anyone has heard anything from Guelph, OISE or Ryerson?

Or if anyone has an inside scoop on what's going on?

Re: OISE, in years past, they have been slightly later than other programs. Typically first week of Feb for interviews and then first week of March for acceptances. 

29 minutes ago, ClinicalPsychBean said:

**Sorry this was supposed to be a response to the above poster! I can't figure out how to directly respond :)

I heard back from UVic about an informal preliminary interview with BT over the holidays. Her preliminary interviews were completed by January 10th! She let me know on the call I'd very likely be receiving the official interview invite on January 21st (I think that was the date)!

Thanks for the info! I listed BT as one of my POI but not primary. Im losing hope every min…At this point, my entire life hinges on uOttawa’s decision lol! 

1 hour ago, Electricladder said:

Thanks for the info! I listed BT as one of my POI but not primary. Im losing hope every min…At this point, my entire life hinges on uOttawa’s decision lol! 

This is sort of unrelated to what you said, but it reminded me of something and I think it's useful to share - this cycle, I've learned that many profs don't actually review students who put them as second choice or lower, because so many students put them as a first choice that they have more than enough to form a shortlist just from those alone. I think it's ridiculous in that case that some schools encourage students to list multiple potential supervisors, but I guess it's helpful to know how some profs individually operate even though the application instructions online may say so otherwise!

17 hours ago, Electricladder said:

If you're comfortable, do you mind sharing your POI with me via direct message?

23 hours ago, SoundofSilence said:

Sorry about the derailment of the thread. 

To be on-topic: I forgot to post I got a rejection from Ottawa last Friday. It was an email to check the portal with the decision there.

I'm sorry to hear. Rejection decisions are difficult. Wishing you the best with your other applications. Keep your head up :)

Hi! I just joined this form as I've seen some that some schools have started sending out their decisions! I've applied to 4 schools, 2 PsyD programs, Acadia's M.A in Clinical Psychology, and York for their Master's in Clinical Psychology. I've seen the majority of people have applied to York on this form as well as other schools outside the Atlantic provinces! I'm wondering if anyone at York who's POI's initials were JW or MK can reach out to me in a DM if you're comfortable :)

Otherwise, congratulations to all those who have received interviews! I look forward to hearing all of your experiences and wish us all the best of luck!

19 minutes ago, carlrogersfan98 said:

This is sort of unrelated to what you said, but it reminded me of something and I think it's useful to share - this cycle, I've learned that many profs don't actually review students who put them as second choice or lower, because so many students put them as a first choice that they have more than enough to form a shortlist just from those alone. I think it's ridiculous in that case that some schools encourage students to list multiple potential supervisors, but I guess it's helpful to know how some profs individually operate even though the application instructions online may say so otherwise!

I've heard the same thing re second choice. It really is helpful information to know! Essentially, you are applying to the prof listed as #1. 

19 hours ago, skowall said:

Has anyone heard from Calgary, Ryerson, Ottawa or UVic? I've only heard from UofM but only because I had a connection in the department. It's my first time applying so I'm super nervous. I'm also still in progress of finishing my undergrad degree. Does anyone know if we can resubmit transcripts or update it as we receive more marks? Let me know :)

From what I understand, you cannot resubmit transcripts. Once your application is submitted, it's final. You could, however, directly email the update versions of your transcripts to your POI if you feel it's important. 

Hope that helps!

On 1/11/2022 at 11:17 AM, cofffeee said:

not sure if things have changed this year, but in past years queen's typically has a departmental interview day held in mid-to-late feb. :)

At the end of my interview, I was told that there WILL be a clinical psych interview day in Feb! :) So, I don't think things have changed!

Hey everyone!!

I forgot to post my rejection from York! I got the email on Monday, the POI initials that I was going for were JW. I had an informal interview with the prof a couple months ago. I wasn't surprised when I got the rejection because I saw someone getting a formal interview with my POI initials a couple weeks ago. 

Still no emails from any of my other schools, but it is my first year applying so that is to be expected. So happy to hear about everyone elses interviews!!! Goodluck everyone !! :)

39 minutes ago, clinicalpsychrach said:

Hey everyone!!

I forgot to post my rejection from York! I got the email on Monday, the POI initials that I was going for were JW. I had an informal interview with the prof a couple months ago. I wasn't surprised when I got the rejection because I saw someone getting a formal interview with my POI initials a couple weeks ago. 

Still no emails from any of my other schools, but it is my first year applying so that is to be expected. So happy to hear about everyone elses interviews!!! Goodluck everyone !! :)

Hi! If you don't mind, was this for CD or adult clinical? :)
This is my first time applying as well so I know how you feel. It can be discouraging but it's so great seeing many second+ time applicants getting interviews finally! Helps me remember that if I don't hear back, I just have more work to do to get where I need to go :)

Just a friendly reminder to those that may be receiving rejection letters.....

There are so many additional amazing career opportunities that exist out there!! Not being accepted into a program this year doesn't mean you won't have a fulfilling career. You can apply again, and the time until then is not time wasted. 

:) ❤️ 

On 1/14/2022 at 5:25 PM, sparrow123 said:

Current clinical student at York here. Grad students got an email today stating that interview offers should be going out next week. I know that people will ask but I don't know ANYTHING about any candidates who are getting interview invites, including from my own supervisor, so I am of no help there. 

Has anyone received an interview invite for York this week (for adult stream)?

49 minutes ago, PsychologyEnthusiast said:

Hi! If you don't mind, was this for CD or adult clinical? :)
This is my first time applying as well so I know how you feel. It can be discouraging but it's so great seeing many second+ time applicants getting interviews finally! Helps me remember that if I don't hear back, I just have more work to do to get where I need to go :)

It was for clinical developmental :)