2022-2023 Clinical Psychology Applications - Canada

So far I've only heard from Manitoba. Still waiting on Ottawa, Calgary, Ryerson and Victoria! This is my first time applying so I was wondering if anyone is able to give me some insight into how the timeline works? Starting to get concerned after hearing that many people have already heard back while I have not. Best of luck to everyone!

On 1/20/2022 at 11:51 AM, applypsych said:

Wondering if those who interviewed for Usask might be comfortable sharing their POI with me? Would love to chat!

I just reopened this forum for the first time this year (it gives me a lot of stress to be on here regularly), but I had an informal interview with MO and another faculty member last week. Not sure if they will be doing formal interviews as well as neither of them mentioned that.

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has heard from UBC Vancouver or knows anyone who has? I'm kind of losing hope because I think last year, interviews were sent out quite a while ago ? I received an email from UBCO and was not selected to move forward because of research fit, so was hoping to hear from UBCV :)

Edited by psyc345

2 hours ago, psyc345 said:

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has heard from UBC Vancouver or knows anyone who has? I'm kind of losing hope because I think last year, interviews were sent out quite a while ago ? I received an email from UBCO and was not selected to move forward because of research fit, so was hoping to hear from UBCV :)

That's quite weird. I almost checked all over the internet but failed to find any updates from UBCV. I emailed the POI a week ago and got a vague reply like "still reviewing, will contact applicants in the upcoming months". I also asked the admin but they just copied the information from the program website.

Has anyone heard from Waterloo or Western yet? I can’t seem to find info anywhere! I know Waterloo sent out rejections last week, but my portal still says no decision has been made yet. I’m getting super anxious about it?

Edited by kayts1394

1 hour ago, passionfruit said:

That's quite weird. I almost checked all over the internet but failed to find any updates from UBCV. I emailed the POI a week ago and got a vague reply like "still reviewing, will contact applicants in the upcoming months". I also asked the admin but they just copied the information from the program website.

Yes! I also have looked all over and can't find anything about UBCV. I did hear that applications were still being reviewed last week, but was expecting something to come out this week.

5 hours ago, alinpsych said:

Anyone heard from Concordia, McMaster and Western? I haven't seen much news from any of them. I have lost hopes of UTSC but the other three I just don't know 

Hey! I received an official interview invite from Western a few weeks ago. It was from the director of the program so I think they may all be sent out ? However I didn't apply to concordia or mcmaster so not sure about them! 

Edited by ClinicalPsychBean
typo

6 hours ago, alinpsych said:

Anyone heard from Concordia, McMaster and Western? I haven't seen much news from any of them. I have lost hopes of UTSC but the other three I just don't know 

I keep getting those automated emails from McMaster saying my application is still under review, but other than that I haven't received anything. I did see that some people got interviews with their POIs though.

7 hours ago, alinpsych said:

I heard through a friend who received a departmental email that their invites have been sent out. A bit upsetting but so it goes I suppose.

8 hours ago, alinpsych said:

Haven't heard anything from Concordia. I don't think they've sent invites yet. 

1 hour ago, psychologyenjoyer said:

Do you guys think all of the ottawa invites have been sent out?

I would like to think (hope) no as some people received interview invites in early February last year. Considering deadline to upload documents was January 8, I think it's still reasonable to have not heard anything yet. That said, I reached out to their graduate department, so i can pass on whatever info I hear back! 

4 hours ago, ClinicalPsychBean said:

Hey! I received an official interview invite from Western a few weeks ago. It was from the director of the program so I think they may all be sent out ? However I didn't apply to concordia or mcmaster so not sure about them! 

Congrats! Would you be comfortable sharing your POI over dm and whether or not it was for the masters program or the PhD program ?

57 minutes ago, T.O.hopeful said:

I would like to think (hope) no as some people received interview invites in early February last year. Considering deadline to upload documents was January 8, I think it's still reasonable to have not heard anything yet. That said, I reached out to their graduate department, so i can pass on whatever info I hear back! 

Oh thank you! I would appreciate that!

2 hours ago, T.O.hopeful said:

This is what I received back, not really helpful lol. I'll just continue to wait and see

image.thumb.png.8768be0779b674a71a3239347fdf1cdc.png

Ahaha thank you anyways! Love that "we dont know but you'll find out" message u got. Wishing you the best of luck though! Maybe that means we have a chance.