2022-2023 Clinical Psychology Applications - Canada

4 minutes ago, Psyched111 said:

Received notification that I was waitlisted to Windsor's Child track, unfortunate as this is my top choice. 

Wondering if anyone has heard from the PsyD program at MUN or the MA program in clinical psych at Lakehead yet? 

I haven't heard anything from Windsor since I've submitted my application. What's the link to check my application status?  - EDIT: found it! thanks

Edited by PowerpuffGal

5 minutes ago, Psyched111 said:

Received notification that I was waitlisted to Windsor's Child track, unfortunate as this is my top choice. 

Wondering if anyone has heard from the PsyD program at MUN or the MA program in clinical psych at Lakehead yet? 

Hey, do you mind DM'ing the PI's initials? I applied for the Child track and haven't heard anything (not even for an interview) so I want to know if it's safe to assume rejection. Thank you and good luck:)

1 hour ago, prospectivegradstudent21 said:

i would also love to know the initials of any POI's for windsor's child track, i also wasnt invited to interview or anything so im assuming rejection

Windsor's child track had a very short interview period last week (from my understanding, all of them were conducted within a few days), and they met very shortly after to send out offers. I was waitlisted for the child track on the weekend. 

Edited by HoneyLemon

Does anyone here know anything about the University of Alberta's SCCP program (sorry I know it isn't a clinical program but thought some people here might have also applied to it)? I am not sure when to expect to hear from them.

On a different note I received an acceptance from York's CD program on Friday! Very exciting as it is 5 years in the making. I'm just figuring out what my priorities are before I decide if I want to accept or not. So a spot might open up with AP yet ?

5 minutes ago, peachpits said:

That's some invaluable feedback. I would be very receptive to it! 

Yes! I am very interested in hearing the feedback  - I was invited to ask specific questions, so this is what I'm wondering about .... Are there any specific questions that I should ask?

Just now, Lavender_1 said:

Yes! I am very interested in hearing the feedback  - I was invited to ask specific questions, so this is what I'm wondering about .... Are there any specific questions that I should ask?

Oh sorry, I hadn't read your Q very well. 

Some questions would be:

- Considering that I was not accepted to the program, were there any specific reasons why I was not accepted? Related to this question, what could I do to make myself more competitive? You can ask about any gaps/weaknesses the POI has seen in your CV, references, interview, etc. 

- What are the strengths in my application and interview? 

- If you'd like, are there any opportunities to work with you as a research assistant/to publish something, etc.? This is to maintain the relationship and gain some good experience if you want to 

57 minutes ago, hopelessbuthoping said:

When I check Windsor's egas it still says processing. I haven't heard anything from them at all, should I assume I was rejected? Will I get an email?

I believe all offers have been sent out for the child and adult tracks ? not sure about the neuro track, however! 

My application also says processing, but I have already been interviewed + waitlisted

Edited by HoneyLemon

4 minutes ago, peachpits said:

Oh sorry, I hadn't read your Q very well. 

Some questions would be:

- Considering that I was not accepted to the program, were there any specific reasons why I was not accepted? Related to this question, what could I do to make myself more competitive? You can ask about any gaps/weaknesses the POI has seen in your CV, references, interview, etc. 

- What are the strengths in my application and interview? 

- If you'd like, are there any opportunities to work with you as a research assistant/to publish something, etc.? This is to maintain the relationship and gain some good experience if you want to 

Thank you! 

1 hour ago, louiser said:

Hi everyone! Has anyone heard back about a formal interview for Ryerson? I interviewed with a POI and their grad students in early January but haven't heard anything since. TIA:)

Ryerson's visiting day was today. I believe If you were shortlisted for the program you would have been invited. I have my final interview for Ryerson this Friday (which is pretty late) and then I believe offers will be sent out shortly after that. 

I also just received a rejection from Windsor for adult clinical (didn’t have an interview). They must be sending out a batch of these out after completing interviews/finalizing shortlists.  It’s disappointing but at least it’s an answer.