2022-2023 Clinical Psychology Applications - Canada

School: York University

TypeClinical-Developmental Psychology MA/PhD

Acceptance/Waitlist/Rejection: Acceptance

Type of Notification: Official Email

Date Notified: 2/04/2022

This is my fourth cycle and it still doesn't feel real! I cannot believe it, truly. I had given up last year but thought I would try once more. If anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to reach out. This is your reminder that the path may not be linear, might take longer than you anticipated, but if this is really your route then continue working towards it! 

Hello! Wondering if anyone has heard any updates about Ottawa U? I know someone mentioned that POIs were to submit their choices by Monday, which I believe was yesterday. My application still says under review, but I have not heard anything else. I am assuming it's a no :(

19 minutes ago, eloise50 said:

Hello! Wondering if anyone has heard any updates about Ottawa U? I know someone mentioned that POIs were to submit their choices by Monday, which I believe was yesterday. My application still says under review, but I have not heard anything else. I am assuming it's a no :(

Submitting the choices moves things on to the next round, so I don't think official updates will be sent out yet. 

42 minutes ago, psyc2020 said:

This is my fourth cycle and it still doesn't feel real! I cannot believe it, truly. I had given up last year but thought I would try once more. If anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to reach out. This is your reminder that the path may not be linear, might take longer than you anticipated, but if this is really your route then continue working towards it! 

Woohoo! Congratulations! ?

1 hour ago, psyc2020 said:

Congrats!!!! I'm on my third cycle, it can get really frustrating. I'm so glad you managed to get in :)

Was just accepted at SFU! I got an email from the PI as well as from the Department Chair :) PI: SZ 

I am lucky in that this is my first cycle. However, I was applying with 4 years of research experience, 2 ongoing manuscripts, 1 submitted manuscript, and 3 poster presentations. I'm happy to chat with anyone who didn't get in as well if needing feedback on application materials and such :)

On 2/7/2022 at 6:33 PM, louiser said:

Hi everyone! Has anyone heard back about a formal interview for Ryerson? I interviewed with a POI and their grad students in early January but haven't heard anything since. TIA:)

Hey, Ryerson let me know by email that all interviews have been completed :( There is now a small chance of getting one now. 

2 hours ago, prospectivegradstudent21 said:

what schools would you guys say we can deem as a rejection now if we havent heard back, i just wanna be a little realistic about my chances of getting in and think ahead! 

From what I've heard on this forum and the discord the following have either already sent out invites, and/or acceptances: 

Windsor, SFU, Ryerson, UBCO, Waterloo, York, UoT (all), UNB, Dal, Western, UofCal, McMaster, and there is speculation that UBCV is complete as well.. I'm sure there are more but I'm not really paying attention most of the ones I didn't apply to. 

The ones I haven't heard anything about yet for formal interviews is Queens, and then maybe Uottawa, but because they do theirs different, I'm not really sure how to judge that. 

3 hours ago, clinicaljunky said:

From what I've heard on this forum and the discord the following have either already sent out invites, and/or acceptances: 

Windsor, SFU, Ryerson, UBCO, Waterloo, York, UoT (all), UNB, Dal, Western, UofCal, McMaster, and there is speculation that UBCV is complete as well.. I'm sure there are more but I'm not really paying attention most of the ones I didn't apply to. 

The ones I haven't heard anything about yet for formal interviews is Queens, and then maybe Uottawa, but because they do theirs different, I'm not really sure how to judge that. 

For uoft does that include oise or utsc?

10 hours ago, PSYCNerd101 said:

If Anyone hears anything about the SFU forensic track and if the offers have been sent out please let me know.

thanks 

I second this! Also waiting to hear about forensic.

On 2/7/2022 at 6:26 PM, Psyched111 said:

Received notification that I was waitlisted to Windsor's Child track, unfortunate as this is my top choice. 

Wondering if anyone has heard from the PsyD program at MUN or the MA program in clinical psych at Lakehead yet? 

I haven't heard back from MUN yet, just an FYI that you're not the only one here! waiting on that school!

14 hours ago, clinicaljunky said:

It sounds like there were some snags in the formal interview process for Queen's; my POI was forced to cut her list of students she interviewed in prelims and wanted to forward to the next step. I think it was due to space? They def changed some kind of rules or guidelines for it so that could be why it's taking forever.

That being said, most POI's I've seen on here did prelims and then picked from the students they talked to during prelims to send to the next stage. If you haven't been contacted for a prelim then I'm not so sure what the chances for a formal interview are - perhaps some POI's don't have prelims at all? 

1 hour ago, hopefulK said:

interview with OISE SCCP yesterday, POI:LI

she said her deadline to interview was yesterday, not sure if some profs are still interviewing perhaps?

My POI for the CCP (not SCCP) program was also in quite a rush for interviews to send his feedback of each student back to the committee for final decisions. Not sure what this means in terms of when to expect decisions - knowing OISE I am banking on March hahaha

Edited by carlrogersfan98

14 hours ago, PSYCNerd101 said:

If Anyone hears anything about the SFU forensic track and if the offers have been sent out please let me know.

thanks 

For anyone wondering where things are at with SFU, I've been waitlisted for Forensic track. Unlikely that anyone applying to forensic track will decline in my opinion, so I'm essentially counting it as a rejection.