2022-2023 Clinical Psychology Applications - Canada

27 minutes ago, PSYCNerd101 said:

Hey everyone,

Has anyone been interviewed at SFU and heard anything back? 

SFU is one of my top picks! 

Thank you !

Someone on Discord said they got rejected. So I’m assuming we’ll be hearing back in a week or two!

13 hours ago, PSYCNerd101 said:

Hey everyone,

Has anyone been interviewed at SFU and heard anything back? 

SFU is one of my top picks! 

Thank you !

Hi there! I interviewed at SFU, and my last interview was on Monday. I was told we would hear back around next week, but I don't know how accurate that is. What track did you apply to if you don't mind me asking?

17 hours ago, Gradschool2022 said:

Someone on Discord said they got rejected. So I’m assuming we’ll be hearing back in a week or two!

Hi! I was interviewed for SFU a week ago. I did 3 formal interviews and attended an open house. I was told by my potential PI that there is a meeting this month with the broader admissions committee to determine who receives letters of offers and such.

Just now, Blobfishsaver said:

Hi! I was interviewed for SFU a week ago. I did 3 formal interviews and attended an open house. I was told by my potential PI that there is a meeting this month with the broader admissions committee to determine who receives letters of offers and such.

I also went through the same process (3 interviews + orientation) and was told by the PI that results will be out in approx. two weeks :) Good luck! 

2 minutes ago, Blobfishsaver said:

still waiting on this too!

My POI was told she needed to cut her list of students to send to the next round down and I unfortunately was one of the students she cut ? sounds like the decisions are coming soon though!

5 hours ago, babooshka said:

Hi there! I interviewed at SFU, and my last interview was on Monday. I was told we would hear back around next week, but I don't know how accurate that is. What track did you apply to if you don't mind me asking?

I had the same experience. They said probably by the end of next week. 

On 2/2/2022 at 3:09 PM, emsmith said:

FYI, anyone waiting to hear from McGill, interviews are this week/next so if you haven't heard about an interview already (like me) then that's probably it :(  (I reached out to my POI as I hadn't heard anything) 

this is good to know. dayum! and i thought i had a good chance for mcgill.

1 hour ago, carlrogersfan98 said:

My POI was told she needed to cut her list of students to send to the next round down and I unfortunately was one of the students she cut ? sounds like the decisions are coming soon though!

Do you mind DMing your POI's initials? I'm still holding out some hope for Queens and UBCV 

43 minutes ago, clinicalrose said:

Do you mind DMing your POI's initials? I'm still holding out some hope for Queens and UBCV 

Since the UBCV interview weekend is in less than a week, I think all the invites have been sent out already :( I was also really hopeful for UBCV, but did not hear anything back

Has anyone here completed a formal panel interview or attended interview day for the McMaster RCT program, and if so, would you be willing to share what it was like (feel free to DM me if you're not comfortable sharing here)?

Also, does anyone know how formal and preliminary interviews (of the same duration) with your POI would differ? For one school I already feel like I answered most of the expected interview questions in my preliminary interview, so I'm not really sure what to expect from or how to prepare for the formal interview. Any advice would be much appreciated – thanks so much in advance! :) 

41 minutes ago, Nazb said:

Has everyone heard back from Windsor after their interview? I had an interview awhile ago but I didn't hear anything back from them..

I got an email indicating that I'm on the waitlist for adult clinical. Others received emails with unofficial acceptances to various streams

Edited by peachpits

This is more a complaint than anything but I'm not super happy to keep getting emails from McMaster (from my own undergrad department, actually) saying my application is still under review when I know they sent invites out already a while ago. 

7 minutes ago, babooshka said:

This is more a complaint than anything but I'm not super happy to keep getting emails from McMaster (from my own undergrad department, actually) saying my application is still under review when I know they sent invites out already a while ago. 

I agree, it gets kind of annoying. It appears to be an automated feature - as in you get an email periodically until they make a final decision on your application. It's kind of the same if you ask most grad admins, where they can't really tell you anything until the department has a decision for your application, even if other people already are interviewing. We do need to provide feedback to programs and push them in the direction of more transparency, because this is getting ridiculous. 

3 minutes ago, SoundofSilence said:

I agree, it gets kind of annoying. It appears to be an automated feature - as in you get an email periodically until they make a final decision on your application. It's kind of the same if you ask most grad admins, where they can't really tell you anything until the department has a decision for your application, even if other people already are interviewing. We do need to provide feedback to programs and push them in the direction of more transparency, because this is getting ridiculous. 

Yeah, and I get the automated nature of it makes it easier for them to do their jobs. Not receiving these updates from any other schools though, which is interesting. I think I did last year. Oh well!