MSW 2022 CANADA APPLICATION FORUM

Just now, HBSW2021 said:

Oh no, that's brutal! I wonder if it's possible to reach out and ask for an update, especially since that's way past their turnaround time of 4-6 weeks ?

I emailed about 3 weeks ago and was told my application is in the final stages of processing ?‍♀️

7 minutes ago, Geralt said:

I emailed about 3 weeks ago and was told my application is in the final stages of processing ?‍♀️

I emailed Windsor on Tuesday asking for an update and was told the same thing.  They also said: "At this time, the Office of Graduate Studies is dealing with a large volume of files which has caused delays in our processing timeline and do not have an estimate when the applicants will be notified. When an admission decision is made, it will be notified you by email."

Just now, mswhopeful2022 said:

I emailed Windsor on Tuesday asking for an update and was told the same thing.  They also said: "At this time, the Office of Graduate Studies is dealing with a large volume of files which has caused delays in our processing timeline and do not have an estimate when the applicants will be notified. When an admission decision is made, it will be notified you by email."

That's good to know, thank you for sharing! 

I also wanted to say that my status just changed today but is still "In Process"... hopefully that means they're moving along! 

22 minutes ago, mswhopeful2022 said:

While I understand things take time, I thought rolling admissions meant that they review applications on a first come first serve basis. 

1 hour ago, hello121212 said:

Hey... My U of T Advanced standing application still says submitted. I havent seen many posts that they have changed, but not sure if im wrong about this. I think usually advanced standing here back Mid/Late Feb/First week of March.... I applied a few years ago and thats what I heard.

Same here. I hope they will not issue offers according to the date of submitting application as I just submit few days before the deadline. Again, finger crossed for all of us!

19 minutes ago, makttrrr said:

Reaching 3.5 months for my Windsor MSWwp application. Anyone else going insane?

I am ?‍♀️ Considering my status changed again today after a month but still says "In Process" who knows how long I'll have to keep waiting.

I feel like im going to explode with worry. I applied to Carletons 2 year MSW and WLU 2.5 online MSW. I think next week will be the week to hear back... after getting that email from Carleton saying they had way more applicants than usual I am even more stressed. 

1 hour ago, ChipDip said:

No, Ontario! But I hope to be in September lol!

Hahah I hope you are too!! The letter was dated Feb 7th, so if they actually sent it that day then it took a bit to get here from Hali.. and we’ve been having bad weather too, so it may be taking a while for the letters to get mailed :(

1 hour ago, Alex24 said:

Hahah I hope you are too!! The letter was dated Feb 7th, so if they actually sent it that day then it took a bit to get here from Hali.. and we’ve been having bad weather too, so it may be taking a while for the letters to get mailed :(

Did the letter say when you would be able to pay your deposit? I’m thinking that might be another way to find out if I was admitted lol 

1 hour ago, Alex24 said:

Congratulations! Weird question, is your Dal ID the same as when you previously attended Dal ? I have an old ID from when I applied there in the past, wondering if I could log on and see my result as my letter has not yet arrived. I'm inpatient haha

Just now, veronica58 said:

Did the letter say when you would be able to pay your deposit? I’m thinking that might be another way to find out if I was admitted lol 

Wait I was right! Guys if you’re waiting for DAL go to the page where you pay admission fees! I clicked on the MSW program and it said I owed $200 which is the admission fee!!

Just now, veronica58 said:

Wait I was right! Guys if you’re waiting for DAL go to the page where you pay admission fees! I clicked on the MSW program and it said I owed $200 which is the admission fee!!

https://www.dal.ca/admissions/apply/applying_for_undergraduate_studies/congratulations.html

go to that website and click on accept your offer, it will take you to a search page, put in your info and when it asks what you want to pay don’t click on admission fee click on the MSW program it’s the last option on the bottom

5 minutes ago, veronica58 said:

https://www.dal.ca/admissions/apply/applying_for_undergraduate_studies/congratulations.html

go to that website and click on accept your offer, it will take you to a search page, put in your info and when it asks what you want to pay don’t click on admission fee click on the MSW program it’s the last option on the bottom

Also just to clarify I applied for the online program so it may be different for on campus applications