MSW 2022 CANADA APPLICATION FORUM

10 hours ago, BizMSW said:

Hey Everyone,

I just logged into my SGS account, and I noticed a new selection added in the application checklist called “Admission Confirmation Form,” I was wondering if anyone else has it?

Right below Personal Statement and above reference Recommendation.

I have that as well. It shows the admission confirmation form as an outstanding document in the application checklist.  

Hopefully this means official letters are on the way!

6 minutes ago, Msw2022k765 said:

I have that as well. It shows the admission confirmation form as an outstanding document in the application checklist.  

Can I ask what your last names start with? Very nervous since I don't have it. 

10 minutes ago, Msw2022k765 said:

My status is "invited" on Acorn, but I don't see this form on SGS...I hope that my "invited" status wasn't a system glitch :(

Just now, J12345 said:

My status is "invited" on Acorn, but I don't see this form on SGS...I hope that my "invited" status wasn't a system glitch :(

Just now, Msw2022k765 said:

It begins with D. It only just showed up for me though :)

My last name starts with M-- maybe they're going alphabetically? So nerve wracking!

1 minute ago, gradnotsad said:

My last name starts with M-- maybe they're going alphabetically? So nerve wracking!

Mine starts with S, so hopefully you are correct!! I also paid the $500 deposit fee as I was so excited, and now it is showing up as Credit balance....IT could mean that this is because it is a deposit and is going to be credit until the rest of the tuition is paid, I hope

16 minutes ago, Msw2022k765 said:

Same I see it as well in red font. Still no official email though. Last name starts with A.

Edited by T.O.hopeful

2 minutes ago, J12345 said:

Mine starts with S, so hopefully you are correct!! I also paid the $500 deposit fee as I was so excited, and now it is showing up as Credit balance....IT could mean that this is because it is a deposit and is going to be credit until the rest of the tuition is paid, I hope

Fingers crossed ❤️ 

19 minutes ago, J12345 said:

Same, I was so excited I paid it immediately and now it's a green $500 in my financial account. It still says invited but I know (as a previous UofT student) we actually need to confirm our acceptance (after we receive it) before we are "Registered". It's just a waiting game to get our final docs at this point. Like others said UofT has a class size of 140 so it's going to take them longer to send them all out. 

36 minutes ago, Msw2022k765 said:

My friend who applied to oise had the same about 7 days ago, and four days later she received her acceptance letter. Im starting to think we may not hear from FIFSW until Monday. 

1 hour ago, gradnotsad said:

I don't but I have the acorn invited + deposit info. Hopefully today they send our official letters. So anxious!

My last name starts with B, and it changed very late last night. If they are going alphabetically, it's probably taking them a while to get through 140 acceptances, as they need to prepare all the acceptance packages, and it is a new system they are using.  

6 minutes ago, BizMSW said:

My last name starts with B, and it changed very late last night. If they are going alphabetically, it's probably taking them a while to get through 140 acceptances, as they need to prepare all the acceptance packages, and it is a new system they are using.  

True, it will take a while to get through everyone. I was actually surprised to see them roll out acceptances ‘early’ this year.. aka before April 

I was talking to my partner last night who is a computer programmer about rolling admissions (nervously waiting on UofT over here) and he told me he'd be suprised if they were rolling out admissions alphebetically and that it would be more likely if it's an automated system that they are rolling out based on something like time of application submission. No idea about any of this but I am choosing to hold out some hope!

1 hour ago, hertl12 said:

@coookiemonsterIm not sure how to reply to posts but okay thank you for replying! Im anxiously waiting to, im super happy for all those who have received acceptances to other 2 year programs. But, Im feeling so sad and disheartened that I havent heard back from anywhere :( 

I'm sorry you haven't heard back yet @hertl12 ❤️ I know its super stressful especially as others hear back. Don't give up hope just yet! Which schools did you apply to?

13 minutes ago, EMWC said:

I was talking to my partner last night who is a computer programmer about rolling admissions (nervously waiting on UofT over here) and he told me he'd be suprised if they were rolling out admissions alphebetically and that it would be more likely if it's an automated system that they are rolling out based on something like time of application submission. No idea about any of this but I am choosing to hold out some hope!

I needed this optimism! Thank you! 

25 minutes ago, EMWC said:

I don’t think u of t is doing it alphabetical! Someone posted a few days ago that they got in with the last name M I believe :)

16 minutes ago, EMWC said:

I'm sorry you haven't heard back yet @hertl12 ❤️ I know its super stressful especially as others hear back. Don't give up hope just yet! Which schools did you apply to?

I applied to U of T, York, UBC-O Foundational, and Laurier 2 year. Has anyone heard from Laurier who is a regular track applicant?