MSW 2022 CANADA APPLICATION FORUM

Well..fun story (ish). The mail boxes on my street were broken into over the weekend so Canada Post wasn’t delivering mail. So I called the post office and asked why there’s been no mail and they said it’s because we have to pick it up directly from the post office until fixed!! My brother went and got it and said there’s a letter from Dalhousie and now I’m so scared oh my

13 minutes ago, ChipDip said:

Well..fun story (ish). The mail boxes on my street were broken into over the weekend so Canada Post wasn’t delivering mail. So I called the post office and asked why there’s been no mail and they said it’s because we have to pick it up directly from the post office until fixed!! My brother went and got it and said there’s a letter from Dalhousie and now I’m so scared oh my

Congrats!! I'm so excited for you! Oh the joys of the postal service ;)

14 minutes ago, ChipDip said:

That’s so exciting! You have way more patience than me, I told my BF if the letter comes to open it and call me right away ? There’s no way I could wait until I’m home 

26 minutes ago, veronica58 said:

That’s normal. The sw faculty  recommends you to be accepted, the faculty of graduate studies confirms your credentials that you provided are legitimate and then you are officially accepted 

Interesting! I didn't know this - did you receive the same letter? I'm wondering if there is anything I need to do as a follow up.. 

Just now, EMWC said:

Interesting! I didn't know this - did you receive the same letter? I'm wondering if there is anything I need to do as a follow up.. 

I haven’t received a letter yet, it will probably be today. But when I did my BSW through DAL it was the same thing. As long as your paperwork checks out you’re in, I’ve never heard of someone getting this letter then not being accepted. And no there’s nothing for you to do, just wait for the email and they will ask for a $200 deposit 

18 minutes ago, veronica58 said:

I haven’t received a letter yet, it will probably be today. But when I did my BSW through DAL it was the same thing. As long as your paperwork checks out you’re in, I’ve never heard of someone getting this letter then not being accepted. And no there’s nothing for you to do, just wait for the email and they will ask for a $200 deposit 

Ah I see! Thank you for this, I just took a look again on Dalhousie's MSW Selection Process webpage and I can see there is a line stating "Acceptances are conditional on the approval of the Dean followed by official notification from the University Registrar." Grad school is strange.

Good luck to you today! I'm rooting for your letter! 

23 minutes ago, veronica58 said:

That’s so exciting! You have way more patience than me, I told my BF if the letter comes to open it and call me right away ? There’s no way I could wait until I’m home 

Hahahaha i'm with you, I do not have patience for this process! But I think it will be worth the wait to read the letter yourself @ChipDip

26 minutes ago, veronica58 said:

Hahaha I asked my brother to and he said no and that I had to do it!! Annoying ?

20 minutes ago, Lulu14 said:

Hi everyone ! I was just wondering if anyone knows when decisions will be for Ryerson, UofT and McMaster?

I am not sure about specific dates for UofT’s regular stream (I have in my notes anytime mid-Feb to mid-April) but I was told in my UofT-ITR interview that successful applicants of that program would hear back by end of February.

3 minutes ago, makttrrr said:

Hey guys,

I was just accepted to Windsor MSWwp (non-bsw). I had about 7000 hours and a 3.5 GPA in the last two years. I have a BA (Hons) in psychology and social service worker diploma.

Goodluck to everyone!

Congratulations! Are you hoping to hear back from any other schools or is this the one for you?

HI, 

I was wondering for Carleton, did your status change on the main page carleton 360 or only when you press the application (carleton central)? 

Mines shows a different message on both and has been like that since december. 

Edited by Stress123

43 minutes ago, Stress123 said:

HI, 

I was wondering for Carleton, did your status change on the main page carleton 360 or only when you press the application (carleton central)? 

Mines shows a different message on both and has been like that since december. 

My status never changed on Carleton 360. It still says Preliminary Review Required. My status has changed on Carleton Central. Used to say Preliminary Review Required and then it changed to Recommended for Assessment. 

I heard on previous threads that you should check Carleton Central over Carleton 360 but at this point, I wouldn't worry too much because the email they sent to us says all applications have been given full consideration regardless of the status.