MSW 2022 CANADA APPLICATION FORUM

Congrats!

For Laurier is this the in person program or the online program? Also do you already have a BSW?

1 hour ago, AspiringMSW7 said:

Hi everyone! Longterm lurker, all of my results are in now so I thought I'd share. 

I just got accepted into the two-year MSW at Laurier!! Got the email this morning at 10:45 (last name L)

I've been waitlisted at King's and UofT, and rejected at York (which I expected considering their cohort size). 

I actually did my undergrad at Laurier so I was initially hoping for some new scenery haha but it's such a fantastic school, super stoked about my first acceptance. 

1 hour ago, AspiringMSW7 said:

Hi everyone! Longterm lurker, all of my results are in now so I thought I'd share. 

I just got accepted into the two-year MSW at Laurier!! Got the email this morning at 10:45 (last name L)

I've been waitlisted at King's and UofT, and rejected at York (which I expected considering their cohort size). 

I actually did my undergrad at Laurier so I was initially hoping for some new scenery haha but it's such a fantastic school, super stoked about my first acceptance. 

Congratulations on Laurier!!

When did you hear back from York

Hey everyone, been lurking for awhile, I just accepted an offer for Windsor Working Professionals with advanced standing (BSW) September 2022 start!!

Just wondering if anyone here is going to be in my cohort, and if so whether a facebook page has been started yet?

Best of luck to everyone, and congrats to everyone who's heard back!! :)

7 hours ago, Megan28 said:

Hi everyone ?

Thought I’d share my results so far (all 2 year MSW programs):

- UBCO - offer of admission (on April 4, 2022) 

- U of T - wait list 

I haven’t heard anything from Laurier yet but I think I plan on accepting UBC regardless. Anyone else on here plan on accepting UBC?? 

I have accepted UBCO :)! 

On 4/11/2022 at 6:46 PM, PhilipT24 said:

Has there been a WhatsApp group made for those accepted into UofT MSW program?

If you're in the 2-year program, a facebook group has been made: https://www.facebook.com/groups/471238764728823/

I think the 1-year program also has a facebook group someone linked previously

Just received an email from York University stating that they would like to schedule a phone call to provide me with an update regarding my application for the MSW two-year program. I’m a domestic applicant and have already accepted my UofT offer but I’m shocked lol. Is this common for the program to schedule a call?

21 minutes ago, MSW29 said:

Just received an email from York University stating that they would like to schedule a phone call to provide me with an update regarding my application for the MSW two-year program. I’m a domestic applicant and have already accepted my UofT offer but I’m shocked lol. Is this common for the program to schedule a call?

I read that in previous years York acceptances were given via phone calls!! Gooodluck, keep us updated 

Hi everyone! 

I have been accepted to York 2 year MSW - they called me around 10:45 this morning! I was waitlisted for U of T and King's and have not heard from Laurier yet! Feel incredibly lucky (and shocked). Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone waiting to hear! This is my second time applying and I did not get on the waitlist for any schools last year so for anyone who has not been successful this year, a year can really change everything and it is so worth sticking with it. 

3 hours ago, MSW29 said:

Just an update: I got off the phone with York this afternoon and was offered admission! I’ve already accepted UofT’s offer but the funding package is extremely generous and I am very confused as to what to do as UofT was my top choice but I can’t oversee the funding from York. Does anyone have any insight or perspective? I know York is more critical and I know I was personally hoping for more clinical experience but York did mention that there are still ways to obtain clinical experience through placement.

Also for those of you waiting, they shared that this is the first round and they are contacting top 20 applicants. Feeling so unbelievably grateful but very confused as I have two weeks to accept!! MyFile has not been updated but I was advised that it would be uploaded Monday or Tuesday.

On 4/12/2022 at 7:01 AM, SaraEm2021 said:

Hi fellow MSW friends ❤️ 

Long-time lurker, first-time poster here. I applied for the part-time, online MSW program at Laurier in October and have been anxiously awaiting the decision in the coming months. I acknowledge the extreme competitiveness of this program but I'm still hopeful! ?

Do I have this right - you receive an email to check LORIS if you got in, but snail mail if you haven't been accepted? I'm hoping the decisions come sooner that later this year but I'm not holding my breath as I've seen previous year's cohorts received the news in June. 

EEEEEEEK GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!! ?

Hi There,

I also (re)applied to the part-time online MSW program at Laurier and have not heard back yet. I saw online that they aim to send out results by May so there might be a few more weeks to wait although some school issue before when they say they will.

I applied last year for January 2022 start and did not get in. I received an email a few weeks before when they said they would send results and my denial was actually in the email itself (I didn't need to log into LORIS, although I did, hoping it was a mistake :P).

Good luck to you and I hope you get an acceptance soon!

18 minutes ago, MSW2022MM said:

Hi There,

I also (re)applied to the part-time online MSW program at Laurier and have not heard back yet. I saw online that they aim to send out results by May so there might be a few more weeks to wait although some school issue before when they say they will.

I applied last year for January 2022 start and did not get in. I received an email a few weeks before when they said they would send results and my denial was actually in the email itself (I didn't need to log into LORIS, although I did, hoping it was a mistake :P).

Good luck to you and I hope you get an acceptance soon!

Hi there, thank you so much for the info! I am rooting for you to get in this time!!!! :) (And then, if I'm lucky, we can be classmates!)

Here's to hearing the news asap!

1 hour ago, BizMSW said:

I just received an offer of admission to Wilfrid Laurier MSW program. My last name starts with B, and I received the offer at 7:05 pm. I will be turning it down, as I already accepted UofT. 

Did you hear via email / did your LORIS change at all? Still anxiously waiting to hear back :') 

Received an offer of admission for Laurier’s 2-year this evening as well! My status has changed on LORIS and I was notified via email. I noticed there was no offer letter, just a status update and a button to submit my decision if I choose to accept.

I will be rejecting the offer though as I was admitted to other programs. Best of luck to those of you waiting!!!

4 minutes ago, ChipDip said:

When did you apply? I applied January 7th

I applied Oct 31st but my last reference was submitted on Jan 8th so I don't know if that makes a difference. It doesn't actually seem like they're doing it on a rolling basis. Unless they are and I'm on some hidden waitlist. Who knows... but wishing you some good news soon.

Edited by MSWapplicant1998

3 minutes ago, MSWapplicant1998 said:

I applied Oct 31st but my last reference was submitted on Jan 8th so I don't know if that makes a difference. It doesn't actually seem like they're doing it on a rolling basis. Unless they are and I'm on some hidden waitlist. Who knows... but wishing you some good news soon.

That’s what I thought as well! I think they have an undisclosed waitlist, but honestly who knows. I wish you the best of luck

Haven't been on to update in a while but I have officially heard from all of the schools I applied! I was accepted to the 2 year programs at both Carleton and Laurier, and was also accepted to a completely different program and waitlisted to another both at UofT.

Feeling excited but also a bit overwhelmed at having to make a decision- particularly considering cost. Does anyone know if Laurier provides any funding packages that would be sent out separate from the acceptance info?

Received an acceptance to the Laurier 2-year MSW! I have already accepted Carleton but need to have a re-think about this.. Laurier was my first choice initially but I was enticed by Carleton's funding.. For anyone deliberating, I reached out to some alumni via program Facebook groups and I have found it VERY helpful. Need to do that now for Laurier before I make a final decison I think.

Congrats to everyone who has heard back from Laurier and York!! <3