Fulbright 2011-2012

crimsonengineer87

Mynah--I would be going to Jo'burg and Durban, and likely making some research trips to Pretoria as well. It would be a history grant--I'm trying to write a biography of a South African journalist/apartheid resister.

Finalist for Syria! Now the REAL waiting begins. :)

Any other "retreads" here? This is my second time around (Finalist for Egypt last time, waited until end of June to get a rejection).

Mynah--I would be going to Jo'burg and Durban, and likely making some research trips to Pretoria as well. It would be a history grant--I'm trying to write a biography of a South African journalist/apartheid resister.

Ryan B: If you send me an e-mail address I could possibly put you in contact with some of the senior players in the anti-apartheid movement (especially in the ANC) Can't promise you Mandela but I do have a friend who works for him.

Edited by Mynah

Finalist for Botswana (public health fellowship)!

Crimson, I'm glad you posted the WSU info earlier today and congrats to you! I did end up applying through WSU and had a really positive experience so thanks for the info about the WSU fulbright program as well!

Finalist for Botswana (public health fellowship)!

Crimson, I'm glad you posted the WSU info earlier today and congrats to you! I did end up applying through WSU and had a really positive experience so thanks for the info about the WSU fulbright program as well!

hey mbv, congrats to you as well! It seems WSU did really well this year. I think our FPA has done an amazing job. I know of another person going through. You must keep us informed of happenings! Perhaps, one day we will meet either in Pullman, Germany, or Botswana!

Rachaelski: NOOOOO ! As I said to Albanski give it another shot next year!

I think this is was my last year. The next time I will apply is when I am in a doctoral program...

Its sad, but I am really relieved. I hated those months waiting for the final word. Now I can move on and properly prepare for the future. I wish you all luck! If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

Later!

I'm a finalist for an international MBA at IE in Madrid

I am too! Best of luck to you!

hey, what does everyone thing about announcing this like on facebook etc to our friends and family? I thought I read on the forums from last year that some people's FPA's were advising against doing this?

Edited by Skyfire

I am too! Best of luck to you!

hey, what does everyone thing about announcing this like on facebook etc to our friends and family? I thought I read on the forums from last year that some people's FPA's were advising against doing this?

What did the folks say about it last year? What was wrong with it?

Hmm, I kind of announced it on Facebook b/c I was so freakin' excited.

It's official; the IIE advisor gave me a hint earlier this week but I got my email today too. FINALIST FOR EGYPT WUHU!!!

I can't stand these stories of being shortlisted and then waiting for 6 months to get rejected. So now a new application to obsess and anguish over for six months...but nonetheless..so excited and grateful! congrats to everyone else and I'm very sorry for those who didn't make it this time!

Any other finalists for Germany?

Hey, hey!

I guess it's more so official, now, but I'm most definitely a finalist now! The email confirmed it all!

I'm applying for ETA! Where do you propose to conduct your research?

-D