Fulbright 2011-2012

crimsonengineer87

Is anyone else having a problem with the Embark Online Application?

I'm currently trying to put the final touches on my ETA Morocco app to turn into my University tomorrow. However, every time I click "save" it takes me to a blank white page that says in big black letters "Service Unavailable"

Is anyone else having this problem? Starting to get worried the app will flake out on me tonight and I won't be able to print it out for tomorrow...

(P.S. I've tried using both Safari and Firefox... doesn't make a difference...)

I had this problem, as well as my advisor when she tried submitting my letter! She got through and so did I. She just kept at it. I refreshed. I think it'd be better to do edits at strange times, ie midnight or early morning. I was working on it at 5 am PST, since I'm an early riser and had no problems. That's what I'd suggest! Especially if you're uploading things.

Hope that helps!

Good luck everyone!

I had this problem, as well as my advisor when she tried submitting my letter! She got through and so did I. She just kept at it. I refreshed. I think it'd be better to do edits at strange times, ie midnight or early morning. I was working on it at 5 am PST, since I'm an early riser and had no problems. That's what I'd suggest! Especially if you're uploading things.

Hope that helps!

Good luck everyone!

Oh my god...

Hopefully this doesn't mean I'll be up all night, desperately trying to refresh hoping my information saves in time for tomorrow! Haha!

I think a lot of universities have September 17 as the campus deadline, so maybe that's why the app keeps timing out.

Wish me luck mellow.gif

Strgrl, I feel you. I was going to apply two summers ago, only to realize my reasons for applying were all wrong. This year, I am truly passionate about my project-- and am starting to remember, when working on my essays, the degree of this excitement. So that's good!

On one hand, I'm so jelz of all you people still on campus, who have to submit it early and have structure (Congrats on getting it done, you guys! That must feel AMAZING). Then again, I'm grateful for the extra time and flexibility. Blaaaah.....if anyone else wants to trade scripts, I'm editing my SOP and writing my PS today (for UK Research grant).

Good luck to everybody, as always : )

Question form a new gal :)

Is everyone here USA citizen applying to go somewhere else?

I am a European girl already applied to do research on Public Health in USA.

Any suggestions?

THANKS and good luck to you all!

Welcome! Get ready for the long wait! :) What is your project?

It is about malpractice and adverse events.

I applied for Fulbright two months ago, and still not a single call :(

I guess the process is quite different in Europe than in USA?

What are your experiences? I am really scared of the interview part.

Am I the only European here??

It is about malpractice and adverse events.

I applied for Fulbright two months ago, and still not a single call :(

I guess the process is quite different in Europe than in USA?

What are your experiences? I am really scared of the interview part.

Am I the only European here??

All of us who have been active on here are US students applying to go abroad. Our application process goes as follow: Internal deadline/interview: sometime in Sept, Official Fulbright application due date: October 20 (?), Accept/reject first round (reviewed by US Fulbright committee, if accepted you are passed on to your individual country's committee): Late January, Final Accept/Reject: March-June.

I don't know much about the fulbright for non-US citizens. I have a couple friends who received them, but all I know is that there is a 2 or 3 year residency requirement in your home country after completing your program in the US.

All of us who have been active on here are US students applying to go abroad. Our application process goes as follow: Internal deadline/interview: sometime in Sept, Official Fulbright application due date: October 20 (?), Accept/reject first round (reviewed by US Fulbright committee, if accepted you are passed on to your individual country's committee): Late January, Final Accept/Reject: March-June.

I don't know much about the fulbright for non-US citizens. I have a couple friends who received them, but all I know is that there is a 2 or 3 year residency requirement in your home country after completing your program in the US.

So, you have an internal interview before the actual application process? That sounds great! We have a dead-line, August. And then I really don't know what happens next. I don't know when will the interview be, all I know is that we have a TOEFL exam in Jan.

There is a restriction, since we receive J-1 visas, we have to go back to our homeland, yes, but by accepting this visa, participants will be subject to a two-year home residency requirement, meaning they must return to and live in their homeland for a total of two years before they would be eligible for an immigrant or temporary worker U.S. visa. This does not restrict other types of visas, however, so this would not prevent me from being able to apply for a student visa to attend university, for example.

It is however great. Experiences that people get by going abroad...we realize their value only after they become part of our past.

Can you tell me more about the interview part? It would be really helpful.

So, you have an internal interview before the actual application process? That sounds great! We have a dead-line, August. And then I really don't know what happens next. I don't know when will the interview be, all I know is that we have a TOEFL exam in Jan.

There is a restriction, since we receive J-1 visas, we have to go back to our homeland, yes, but by accepting this visa, participants will be subject to a two-year home residency requirement, meaning they must return to and live in their homeland for a total of two years before they would be eligible for an immigrant or temporary worker U.S. visa. This does not restrict other types of visas, however, so this would not prevent me from being able to apply for a student visa to attend university, for example.

It is however great. Experiences that people get by going abroad...we realize their value only after they become part of our past.

Can you tell me more about the interview part? It would be really helpful.

I don't know much more about the interview part, though some of the people on here may be having their interview soon! I will interview early October. Basically, a panel of professors will look over your application and then talk to you about it. Their notes are passed on with your application. You cannot not pass this interview portion (i.e. you cannot be rejected at this step). However, it's somewhat unclear how heavily the internal interview notes are considered in the next reviewing process.

Errrr, so I have not told my parents that there is a possibility that I will be abroad for a year...I don't want to start panic until I am sure. I figure if I make it past the January round I will tell them. My husband knows though, LOL! Have you guys made your application public to family and friends?

Errrr, so I have not told my parents that there is a possibility that I will be abroad for a year...I don't want to start panic until I am sure. I figure if I make it past the January round I will tell them. My husband knows though, LOL! Have you guys made your application public to family and friends?

I told my mom about it and she freaked out. That was two months ago ...

When I went to Germany for 3 month internship, I didn't tell her until after I bought the plane ticket 4 months before I was going to leave.

So you're not alone!

How was it? How was it? Give us the dirt!

Oh man! I'm still decompressing from it ... I think because *most* of my application was solid, they asked me really difficult questions. In particular, they said the science was down, but I needed to basically just say "I am the ideal candidate because ...", which I have done now. And I really do say things in a roundabout way. So that was their main advice. So basically just moving my conclusion to my intro, since it's the strongest paragraph!

But I thought the whole process was intense. I felt I wasn't as prepared as I should be going into the interview ... but I got great advice! I'm also ready to submit it all ... probably next week!

Thanks for asking Rachael (and for helping me w/ the statement, I took your advice and definitely cut down on that background ...)

Jules

Oh man! I'm still decompressing from it ... I think because *most* of my application was solid, they asked me really difficult questions. In particular, they said the science was down, but I needed to basically just say "I am the ideal candidate because ...", which I have done now. And I really do say things in a roundabout way. So that was their main advice. So basically just moving my conclusion to my intro, since it's the strongest paragraph!

But I thought the whole process was intense. I felt I wasn't as prepared as I should be going into the interview ... but I got great advice! I'm also ready to submit it all ... probably next week!

Thanks for asking Rachael (and for helping me w/ the statement, I took your advice and definitely cut down on that background ...)

Jules

I am glad it was a productive meeting! So they let you work on your application further? Wow, I did not know that....wonder if it is like that for all schools.

I am glad it was a productive meeting! So they let you work on your application further? Wow, I did not know that....wonder if it is like that for all schools.

At our school, they pretty much let anyone who can apply, apply and this campus committee basically evaluates the project, which becomes part of the application. I know on other campuses, they decide who to let go on. I find this process more constructive ... since they're helping you and giving advice, rather than YES or NO.

At our school, they pretty much let anyone who can apply, apply and this campus committee basically evaluates the project, which becomes part of the application. I know on other campuses, they decide who to let go on. I find this process more constructive ... since they're helping you and giving advice, rather than YES or NO.

This is how my campus does it, too. I had my interview last week and got some good feedback.