3 hours ago, SpeechieAlly said:

Hey!

i emailed her Friday but haven’t heard back yet. I’m sure she has other emails that take priority! I’ll let you know when I hear back. 

I just heard back from her. I’m in the 3rd quadrant. 

On 4/1/2022 at 12:15 AM, SpeechieAlly said:

Waitlisted at Western for the 2nd time! Kinda bummed but still grateful :) 

I’m the 3rd quadrant. Moved up since last year which is nice. 

30 minutes ago, Natalie SLP said:

I just heard back too, also in the 3rd quadrant

31 minutes ago, SpeechieAlly said:

I’m the 3rd quadrant. Moved up since last year which is nice. 

Me too! 3rd quadrant

I didn't consider my application very strong so I'm just happy I made it on the waitlist as a first time applicant. 

5 minutes ago, damaei said:

Does anyone know what date Janet start sending offers from the waitlist?

I don't know for certain, but I imagine they wait until after the 15th. Individuals who received an offer April 1st have until the 15th or so to either accept or decline their offer...from there they can see how many seats are leftover and start to contact waitlisted individuals to fill them.

For those accepted to more than one school, would you be willing to share why you chose one over the other? What factors did you consider? I've been accepted to U of A and Western and am having trouble deciding. I am super grateful to have been accepted into 2 programs but I honestly never gave any thought as to what would be my "top choice"  - I was just hoping I would get into 1!!

4 hours ago, hopefulslper said:

Please report back if you end up asking her, I was wondering the same thing!

Hey! I will post our email exchange here!

Hi Vicki,
I was wondering what grade I need to achieve in my statistics class to be considered successfully completed. Is it B+ and higher?

Hi Preet,
A passing grade according to the grade legend/scale from the university that you are attending.  B+ or higher would be good.

I hope this helps!

37 minutes ago, LindsaySLP said:

For those accepted to more than one school, would you be willing to share why you chose one over the other? What factors did you consider? I've been accepted to U of A and Western and am having trouble deciding. I am super grateful to have been accepted into 2 programs but I honestly never gave any thought as to what would be my "top choice"  - I was just hoping I would get into 1!!

Just sent you a message! I was also deciding between multiple schools 

Hi everyone, I have been waitlisted for Western, but I am trying to figure out my status with Dalhousie. I saw someone say they have already been accepted - how did they tell you? I received an email when my application and payment were complete, but do not have a NetID so I can't login to a portal or anything.

5 hours ago, SLPrettyPlease said:

I'm not sure of its current accreditation status, but I believe before it was accredited/if it isn't yet accredited graduates were only able to practice in the province of Ontario. That was my understanding of what I read the last time I looked into McMaster (which was a year or two ago now). 

McMaster's website says that after 3 years with Candidate Status, full Accreditation is granted. So 3 years from 2019 is 2022 so maybe they will be fully accredited by the end of 2022? Has anyone emailed McMaster about this? Also thank you for posting this, I didn't realize they were pending full accreditation.

From their website: In accordance with guidelines from the Council for Accreditation of Canadian University Programs in Speech-Language Pathology (CACUP), the program will complete a two-stage process for accreditation. The first phase, completed in the first two years of operation, is the application for Candidate Status.  The second phase, completed after 3 years with Candidate Status, is full Accreditation.

On April 16, 2019, the program's application for Candidate Status was granted. Students graduating from a Candidate program are entitled to register to practice in Ontario.

As required by CACUP, within three years, the program will apply for Accreditation.

Just got my letter from U of A-I’ve been rejected. I’m so disappointed. 

Side note, but the letter had an error and mentioned a prerequisite I don’t recognize. I’ve asked for a corrected one. 

44 minutes ago, SpeechieAlly said:

Just got my letter from U of A-I’ve been rejected. I’m so disappointed. 

Side note, but the letter had an error and mentioned a prerequisite I don’t recognize. I’ve asked for a corrected one. 

Mine said the same thing ? 

25 minutes ago, wannabe_SLP said:

Mine said the same thing ? 

Do you mean the same thing that you got rejected or an error in your letter? 
interesting if it’s the latter. Did the letter have your name on it? 

2 hours ago, teachtospeech said:

Hi everyone, I have been waitlisted for Western, but I am trying to figure out my status with Dalhousie. I saw someone say they have already been accepted - how did they tell you? I received an email when my application and payment were complete, but do not have a NetID so I can't login to a portal or anything.

I have the ID and can log into the portal, but only a couple of things on there have been updated, even though I got an email saying they’ve received everything. I wouldn’t worry too much about not being able to log into the page. The email I got said they let us know in April about a decision. 

Hey guys! 

This thread was so helpful to read while applying and waiting for news!

I applied to UofT and Western for SLP and Audiology at Western and  was rejected from SLP for both unfortunately but was accepted to the Audiology program for Western! did anyone else apply to audiology?!

Congrats everyone!

37 minutes ago, Slpyyz said:

I have the ID and can log into the portal, but only a couple of things on there have been updated, even though I got an email saying they’ve received everything. I wouldn’t worry too much about not being able to log into the page. The email I got said they let us know in April about a decision. 

Okay that's good to know! I am wondering how it would work if we get accepted to Dal then also hear back about a waitlist offer from another school - what do people do in that situation?

4 hours ago, LindsaySLP said:

Thank you for asking this question!! I am in the exact same boat, I was hoping to get into just one and got into Western and Alberta as well!! If you get any information, I would be so appreciative if you wouldn't mind sharing 

11 hours ago, SLPtime said:

Hey! I wanted to ask are all of your courses in the building on 500 University? Also did you have any online courses this year? I was wondering if in September its all in person classes or a hybrid? Thank You!

Yes all courses are in that building. 

Our first  semester was completely virtual with some optional in person activities. 2nd semester was completely virtual with no in person activities. Placements can be virtual, in person, or hybrid. Still not sure how our next semester will be in May but I am assuming in person for right now. 

In terms of Sep its to early to tell. You really don't find out until a decision is made by the heads of the department. Even after they announce whether it is online or in person it could change depending on pubic health COVID restrictions. 

3 hours ago, SpeechieAlly said:

Do you mean the same thing that you got rejected or an error in your letter? 
interesting if it’s the latter. Did the letter have your name on it? 

Rejection letter with my name on it, yes! It said because of a prereq course that would be completed by Summer 2022. Not sure why they gave me that information or what the significance was, but I don’t think it was an error as it was the course I was enrolled in. I’m confused why that was in there, but understand they can’t give everybody a “reason” they were rejected. Still confused and a little disappointed too. 

16 minutes ago, wannabe_SLP said:

Rejection letter with my name on it, yes! It said because of a prereq course that would be completed by Summer 2022. Not sure why they gave me that information or what the significance was, but I don’t think it was an error as it was the course I was enrolled in. I’m confused why that was in there, but understand they can’t give everybody a “reason” they were rejected. Still confused and a little disappointed too. 

Thanks for your reply, sorry to hear that you didn’t get in either :( 

interesting about the reason as they included basically that same info in my letter, but I don’t have a prerequisite in progress nor am I taking any other classes. My guess is that they used the wrong template in whatever program they use to generate the letters.