39 minutes ago, SLPEventually said:

Congrats to everyone who finished their interviews today! We survived! And good luck to those of you tomorrow! :)

How was your interview? Mine's tomorrow so I'm super nervous about it, but any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated! 

40 minutes ago, pls_SLP said:

How was your interview? Mine's tomorrow so I'm super nervous about it, but any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated! 

The online practice MMI things helped me. Find a process for your answers for different types of questions. And when you're practicing time yourself! I got a little flustered with one of the follow up questions because I only had a small amount of time left, so definitely time yourself. Take a deep breath, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be!

3 hours ago, SLPEventually said:

The online practice MMI things helped me. Find a process for your answers for different types of questions. And when you're practicing time yourself! I got a little flustered with one of the follow up questions because I only had a small amount of time left, so definitely time yourself. Take a deep breath, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be!

Im sure you did amazing!! I am wondering, does the connection to the interviewer cut off as soon as the timer reaches zero? Or is there time to say bye/thank you kinda thing even after your 6 minutes are up?

Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, cloto SLP said:

Im sure you did amazing!! I am wondering, does the connection to the interviewer cut off as soon as the timer reaches zero? Or is there time to say bye/thank you kinda thing even after your 6 minutes are up?

Thanks in advance!

It cuts off, But you'll have more than enough time. Clear and concise answers. You get 2 minutes to read, 8 to answer - except for the written which total 8 including reading.

2 hours ago, pls_SLP said:

In regards to the Mac MMI interview, do we need our cameras on during the writing component? Seeing as there is a slight dress code, I don't want to show up in pjs at 8am hahah

No as far as I know. I went dressed up. But put a shirt on in case I'm wrong, but as far as I could tell no one saw me. 

Just now, speech_123 said:

@AG404 ME :)!!! Anyone have an idea if McGill is waiting for McMaster MMI's to be done before sending out their acceptances? 

UPDATE ME IF YOU GET ANYTHING!!! *cross fingers*

57 minutes ago, SpeechieAlly said:

Does UofA usually send admissions decisions by email or through the portal? 

My submission confirmation email says that all further communication about my application would be done through the GSMS Portal, so I assume that means the decision as well? Although it would be nice to receive an email letting you know the decision has been made so you can prepare yourself to read it ? This is my first time applying to UofA so I'm just speculating.

59 minutes ago, SLPrettyPlease said:

My submission confirmation email says that all further communication about my application would be done through the GSMS Portal, so I assume that means the decision as well? Although it would be nice to receive an email letting you know the decision has been made so you can prepare yourself to read it ? This is my first time applying to UofA so I'm just speculating.

Th a k you! Man, I’m so nervous ?

2 hours ago, AG404 said:

I just checked the portal and it still says "Pre-Screening" on mine

Mine too - sorry if it's been asked but does anyone know what day we can expect to hear back from U Alberta? It looked like last year they let people know pretty close to end of march / beginning of April? 

18 hours ago, hopefulslper said:

Mine too - sorry if it's been asked but does anyone know what day we can expect to hear back from U Alberta? It looked like last year they let people know pretty close to end of march / beginning of April? 

I think in years past it was as early as this week, but last year it was last week of March/first week of April

13 minutes ago, speechiestudent said:

For those who have graduated, and have probably applied to SLP multiple times, what jobs have you worked in the mean time to gain more experience? 

I was wondering the same thing! It feels like anything related near me requires extra certifications or diplomas

3 hours ago, speechiestudent said:

For those who have graduated, and have probably applied to SLP multiple times, what jobs have you worked in the mean time to gain more experience? 

For me, I continued to work my part time jobs that I had in the first place because they were already in related fields. I work as a behavioural interventionist and a program leader for after school programs with children. Since my last application, I found another job specifically working with children with autism in a one to one setting in recreation programs and added some volunteer work with stroke survivors.