31 minutes ago, victoriaSLP said:

I also just heard from McGill!! I was stressing out but seems like they're just taking their time going down the list :)) 

congratulations!! do you mind me asking what your last name starts with, im not sure if they are doing alphabetically but still lol

19 hours ago, AtBatts said:

This might sound strange, and hopefully nothing to stress about, but does anyone from UofT, who also applied to UofT see a second tab on their acorn profile saying 2022-2023 MHSC- Speech and Lang Path. I can't remember if this happened last year as well, so I'm freaking out a bit cause it's not April 1st yet. DM me if that's more comfortable for anyone.

hey so my friend sees the tab and he clicked on the tab and it said 'Invited' does that mean he got in???? so weird because he's applied 2 times before and never seen the tab before

12 minutes ago, TryingMyBest55 said:

hey so my friend sees the tab and he clicked on the tab and it said 'Invited' does that mean he got in???? so weird because he's applied 2 times before and never seen the tab before

Yup see the same thing, didn’t see it last year. looking into it now. No definite answers tho

1 minute ago, speech_123 said:

Got my call from McGill this afternoon that I have been accepted! Different people are calling accepted students so I don't believe they are going in alphabetical order. Good luck everyone :)

congrats!!! that's awesome news :)

9 hours ago, damaei said:

For those of you that got accepted, do you guys mind sharing your stats? ??

For sure!  I’m very confident in my ability to be an excellent SLP but I honestly would have never imagined that I would get in! I struggled a lot in my second year (I had a fall term GPA of 2.6) and for a long time I wondered if I would even make it through my undergrad. But it goes to show that it’s never too late and to never give up on your dreams! ❤️ 

My stats are:

First time applying

CUM GPA: 3.8/4.3 or 3.6/4.0 (according to ORPAS)

SUBGPA: 3.89/4.0 (according to ORPAS)

B.A. First Class Honours in Psychology and minor in Drama with distinction

I graduated in 2021 (I took a gap year this year to work on a project related to my undergrad thesis.)

Research experience: Honours thesis, ISRG, independent study, and research assistant for three projects.

I TA’d for three classes

I was a tutor for an early language intervention program.

I help lead conversation circles for people learning English in my community.

I worked as a Behaviour Interventionist for an Autism centre.

I only had a bit of shadowing experience (31 hours)

I also have some diverse experiences not really related to SLP that I think may have helped: touring actor and director for a bilingual theatre company, Psych society prez, Rotaract prez, Student senator, swim instructor/coach ect…)

I really don't think that their is a blueprint for a perfect SLP applicant. I feel like they are looking for diverse experiences in their students. But I hope this helps :)

On 3/21/2022 at 6:51 PM, AtBatts said:

This might sound strange, and hopefully nothing to stress about, but does anyone from UofT, who also applied to UofT see a second tab on their acorn profile saying 2022-2023 MHSC- Speech and Lang Path. I can't remember if this happened last year as well, so I'm freaking out a bit cause it's not April 1st yet. DM me if that's more comfortable for anyone.

Hey when did your status change on acorn? Also do you see a list of courses on your account for MHSc on acorn? I don't so I am curious if that was a default status for anyone that applied to UofT specifically 

27 minutes ago, Speechieee said:

Hey when did your status change on acorn? Also do you see a list of courses on your account for MHSc on acorn? I don't so I am curious if that was a default status for anyone that applied to UofT specifically 

I am lost - I also applied to UofT but I have no idea what acorn is? Did I miss an email from them or something? I know Western will send you an email asking you to set up your Western ID but I've never gotten anything like that from UofT in the past, just the "thanks but no thanks" email on decision day ?

14 minutes ago, SLPrettyPlease said:

I am lost - I also applied to UofT but I have no idea what acorn is? Did I miss an email from them or something? I know Western will send you an email asking you to set up your Western ID but I've never gotten anything like that from UofT in the past, just the "thanks but no thanks" email on decision day ?

It's pretty much UofT's student services centre, I'm guessing those that can see it are already UofT students in another program. I am not one either, so we do not get access to it :)

2 hours ago, Speechieee said:

I have no idea when it changed, saw it Monday tho, was just randoming checking acorn and saw it. I do not see a list of courses it's just the tab saying invited. Could easily be the default or some glitch in their system tbh....

2 hours ago, SLPrettyPlease said:

2 hours ago, slp2020ab said:

It's pretty much UofT's student services centre, I'm guessing those that can see it are already UofT students in another program. I am not one either, so we do not get access to it :)

^Yup, Acorn is basically what UofT does to do course selection. Only reason I have access to it is because I did my undergrad at UofT. And same last year, I didn't get any response to sign up for anything at UofT; just the rejection letter lol