Congratulations to everyone receiving offers! 

I have a question! This is my first year applying. Let's say I don't get into any of the schools I applied to this year and I choose to apply next year, would they calculate my sGPA using the courses from my fourth year winter term counting backwards even though those courses weren't incorporated into the calculation when I applied this time around (since applications were due before then)? I hope that makes sense!   

3 minutes ago, Natalie SLP said:

I have a question! This is my first year applying. Let's say I don't get into any of the schools I applied to this year and I choose to apply next year, would they calculate my sGPA using the courses from my fourth year winter term counting backwards even though those courses weren't incorporated into the calculation when I applied this time around (since applications were due before then)? I hope that makes sense!   

Hey Natalie, I'm in the same boat as you and I'm really sure they do. Currently trying to make grades as good as I can since this is my last chance to have a lot of influence on my GPA!

4 minutes ago, Natalie SLP said:

Hey! Yes they will go backwards from your most recent grades from December 2022 backwards for the next cycle. Now if you only choose to take courses until April 2022 then they will go back from April but anything you complete before the next application deadline is counted :) I hope that helps! Good luck?

3 minutes ago, ManitobaSLPStudent said:

Hey Natalie, I'm in the same boat as you and I'm really sure they do. Currently trying to make grades as good as I can since this is my last chance to have a lot of influence on my GPA!

GPA is most important, I will agree!

Hi everyone!

Congrats on all the offers!

I’m just wondering if anybody receiving offers or currently in SLP has been accepted from an undergrad in BioMed or something along those lines. I’ve done ABA for over a year and have lots of experience in other roles working with kids with special needs, but am wondering if my degree may be a downfall. 

Thanks everyone!

21 minutes ago, Speechieee said:

Hey! Yes they will go backwards from your most recent grades from December 2022 backwards for the next cycle. Now if you only choose to take courses until April 2022 then they will go back from April but anything you complete before the next application deadline is counted :) I hope that helps! Good luck?

24 minutes ago, ManitobaSLPStudent said:

Thank you for the clarity! I think I'm in a place where I'm so close to graduating that I'm losing motivation so that gives me an extra push to power through my final assignments and exams

1 hour ago, SLPsam said:

Hi everyone!

Congrats on all the offers!

I’m just wondering if anybody receiving offers or currently in SLP has been accepted from an undergrad in BioMed or something along those lines. I’ve done ABA for over a year and have lots of experience in other roles working with kids with special needs, but am wondering if my degree may be a downfall. 

Thanks everyone!

I did an Undergrad in Biology so were in the same boat. I also have years of experience with children with special needs. I thought that having a biology degree might make me stand out from the rest of those applying from linguistics or psychology, but i did not get accepted (yet). 

59 minutes ago, SarahS1998 said:

If i did not receive an answer yet from McGill is it safe to say I did not get accepted?

I just called them, out of curiosity. I asked and they said some applications are still being reviewed, some will have answers tomorrow and some on Monday. At this point, I honestly don't know what to expect.

3 minutes ago, AG404 said:

I just called them, out of curiosity. I asked and they said some applications are still being reviewed, some will have answers tomorrow and some on Monday. At this point, I honestly don't know what to expect.

Ouf this wait is killing me, I didn't expect to have to wait this long to hear back from McGill. Fingers crossed Western and UofT send out April 1st and don't drag the wait out ?

3 minutes ago, AG404 said:

Also, has anybody heard from UoA today? :)

Hi I am also waiting for U of A.. Been so nervous too! I am wondering what time did the acceptances were sent in yesterday? I am in Central Time I am not sure if that matters..

8 minutes ago, AG404 said:

You are a gem for calling and asking these questions for the rest of us!!! ?

8 minutes ago, TaySLPApplicant said:

Ouf this wait is killing me, I didn't expect to have to wait this long to hear back from McGill. Fingers crossed Western and UofT send out April 1st and don't drag the wait out ?

I'm almost sure Western and U of T have automated e-mails sent out. I received my rejections e-mail last year from Western right after midnight, and U of T in the morning.

14 minutes ago, nicslp_pinayinspeech15 said:

Hi I am also waiting for U of A.. Been so nervous too! I am wondering what time did the acceptances were sent in yesterday? I am in Central Time I am not sure if that matters..

Mine came through yesterday at 3:15 MST 

Hang in there! I know the wait is excruciating! 

24 minutes ago, nicslp_pinayinspeech15 said:

Mine came yesterday at 4:29 pm MST, don't worry, I'm sure they will send out more acceptances soon! fingers crossed for everybody who is still waiting, I'm rooting for you!❤️

Edited by SLPwonder

4 minutes ago, SLPwonder said:

Mine came at 4:29 pm MST, don't worry, I'm sure they will send out more acceptances soon! fingers crossed for everybody who is still waiting, I'm rooting for you!❤️

Thank you very much! Appreciate the positive vibes! :) 

42 minutes ago, TaySLPApplicant said:

hahaha I'm definitely losing sleep over this so at this point even if I don't get in, at least I will have a defnitive answer and will be better able to plan what's next ?

18 minutes ago, RLSpine said:

hahaha I'm definitely losing sleep over this so at this point even if I don't get in, at least I will have a defnitive answer and will be better able to plan what's next ?

Yes I know! I want to be able to apply for jobs in related fields and get more volunteer work lined up if I don’t get in, so I’d like to know already ? not to mention where I’m going to be living LOL. Fingers crossed for us both ??

Hey guys! Just heard back from U of A and I'm on the waiting list (and in the top half)!! Super exciting news as I've never applied there before and wasn't quite sure what they were looking for.

In case it helps:
My cGPA is 3.44 and my sGPA is about 3.75 (81.9% average). My CASPer was in the 3rd quartile. I have over 140 hours volunteering in the SLP clinic at a children's hospital, as well as a number of non-clinical settings. No research experience (my university doesn't have a CSD department), but I am currently working on my LING honours.

5 minutes ago, SLPrettyPlease said:

Hey guys! Just heard back from U of A and I'm on the waiting list (and in the top half)!! Super exciting news as I've never applied there before and wasn't quite sure what they were looking for.

In case it helps:
My cGPA is 3.44 and my sGPA is about 3.75 (81.9% average). My CASPer was in the 3rd quartile. I have over 140 hours volunteering in the SLP clinic at a children's hospital, as well as a number of non-clinical settings. No research experience (my university doesn't have a CSD department), but I am currently working on my LING honours.

congrats! and also thanks for sending over your stats. do you mind me asking if you're a resident of alberta?

7 minutes ago, SLPrettyPlease said:

In case it helps:

Did you get an email? :)