4 minutes ago, speechiestudent said:

congrats! and also thanks for sending over your stats. do you mind me asking if you're a resident of alberta?

No problem! I'm not. I am a resident of Newfoundland :)

Hi everyone!

I received an email saying that I was put on a waitlist for McGill today and they said I have to confirm through uApply if I want to stay on the waitlist. However on the portal it says that my application is still under review and there seems to be no option to choose to stay on the waitlist. Is anyone else experiencing this too?

38 minutes ago, SLPrettyPlease said:

Hey guys! Just heard back from U of A and I'm on the waiting list (and in the top half)!! Super exciting news as I've never applied there before and wasn't quite sure what they were looking for.

In case it helps:
My cGPA is 3.44 and my sGPA is about 3.75 (81.9% average). My CASPer was in the 3rd quartile. I have over 140 hours volunteering in the SLP clinic at a children's hospital, as well as a number of non-clinical settings. No research experience (my university doesn't have a CSD department), but I am currently working on my LING honours.

Congrats!!!!  

I'm glad they've divulged more info in where a person stands on the waitlist this year! Last year they wouldn't say! 

2 hours ago, SLPrettyPlease said:

Hey guys! Just heard back from U of A and I'm on the waiting list (and in the top half)!! Super exciting news as I've never applied there before and wasn't quite sure what they were looking for.

In case it helps:
My cGPA is 3.44 and my sGPA is about 3.75 (81.9% average). My CASPer was in the 3rd quartile. I have over 140 hours volunteering in the SLP clinic at a children's hospital, as well as a number of non-clinical settings. No research experience (my university doesn't have a CSD department), but I am currently working on my LING honours.

Congratulations!!! ? And thank you for sharing your stats.

For the rest of us, I wonder if UofA has sent all their acceptances and are on waitlists/rejections now? Hopefully we find out tomorrow!

3 hours ago, speechiestudent said:

I'm almost sure Western and U of T have automated e-mails sent out. I received my rejections e-mail last year from Western right after midnight, and U of T in the morning.

I concur. Historically Western sends out an email basically at 12:01am Apr 1st and UofT sometime in the morning, including last year-the first COVID admissions year.

4 hours ago, AG404 said:

I just called them, out of curiosity. I asked and they said some applications are still being reviewed, some will have answers tomorrow and some on Monday. At this point, I honestly don't know what to expect.

I haven't heard back either... taking it as a rejection at this point. 

3 hours ago, HopefulSLPStudent said:

Hi everyone!

I received an email saying that I was put on a waitlist for McGill today and they said I have to confirm through uApply if I want to stay on the waitlist. However on the portal it says that my application is still under review and there seems to be no option to choose to stay on the waitlist. Is anyone else experiencing this too?

do you mind sharing your stats? I have yet to hear back

7 hours ago, SarahS1998 said:

I did an Undergrad in Biology so were in the same boat. I also have years of experience with children with special needs. I thought that having a biology degree might make me stand out from the rest of those applying from linguistics or psychology, but i did not get accepted (yet). 

Yeah it’s hard to say… someone had told me that they would maybe go easier on GPA for those in STEM so I thought my 3.95 would be fairly competitive, but I guess we’ll have to wait and see!

47 minutes ago, SLPPLS101 said:

do you mind sharing your stats? I have yet to hear back

Im finishing up my bachelors in Health Sciences with an overall GPA of 3.75 and a sub-GPA of 3.96 according to ORPAS. My Casper score was in the 4th quartile. My volunteer experiences are not the best since I started most of them only in the beginning of 2021. However, although I haven't done them for long, I do have some various experience in the SLP field:

• Shadow an SLP in her private practice with kids 
  • Did a little bit of research for an SLP for her personal research interests
  • Help create therapy material for kids with various speech disorders for an SLP clinic

Some of my other volunteer experiences are:

• Literacy tutor for children with various disabilities and apraxia
  • After school program volunteer for francophone kids
  • Dementia respite 

Other than the small projects I did with an SLP for her own research interests, I have no other research experience.

I also do have some work experience in various medical clinics and hospital settings but nothing too impressive. I was promoted to a more impressive position for my job at the children's hospital but this was after I submitted my application. I did do a co-op program a few years back at the hospital where I worked daily helping patients and was basically a nurse assistant but this was back in high school so I doubt it made an impact.

I heard someone said that McGill is still sending out answers next week so dont be too discouraged!

5 hours ago, HopefulSLPStudent said:

Hi everyone!

That's great, congrats! It took about a day fro when I heard from McGill for my status to change on uapply...so maybe contact them if it hasn't changed by tomorrow!

17 hours ago, damaei said:

Which schools did you apply to? ?

I applied to Mcgill, Western, and Mac so I’m not too upset about not hearing from Mcgill yet as there’s still time to hear from other schools that I might be better suited for!

1 hour ago, ewdavid said:

For those who have heard from UofA, has anyone's GSMS portal been updated yet? Mine still says pre-screening.

Mine is still pre-screening also. 

I doubt it will change until next week when our applications are processed by FGSR and an official offer is granted (or so I gather from the email).