4 hours ago, KSpeech said:

Does anyone know how far into the waitlist Western went last year in terms of acceptances/seats available after April 15th? Janet has informed me that I'm in the first quadrant but not sure if Western usually gets through the whole first quadrant lool, any insight would be helpful!!!

Yes I confirm what the poster above said. A few people that were in the second quadrant got off the waitlist in the summer, and according to a recent post two spots freed up in September (!!). I think it might have been halfway through the 2nd quadrant considering that not all people on the waitlist are in this forum.

30 minutes ago, ewdavid said:

Got into UBC! Now I'm conflicted between U of A and UBC...I like the idea of staying in BC for grad school but U of A arguably has a better program?? 

Congrats! 

Come to the dark side lol ? The winters suuuuck here, but the U of A is awesome. And we only have 5 percent tax!  

In all seriousness, a tough decision. Good luck and best wishes! 

10 minutes ago, SpeechieWannaB said:

Congrats! 

Come to the dark side lol ? The winters suuuuck here, but the U of A is awesome. And we only have 5 percent tax!  

In all seriousness, a tough decision. Good luck and best wishes! 

I'm honestly so torn!! But thank you so much! 

Edited by ewdavid

I just got into UBC as well! Also they offered me an entrance scholarship, which I was absolutely not expecting - anyone else get that too? 

I got rejected by Western and still haven't heard from U of A so have kind of been assuming that's a rejection as well, so I guess the decision might be made for me lol. But it would be nice to know for sure!

Congratulations to everyone accepted the past couple weeks!! I received an offer from UBC today and I am so excited to meet everyone in September :) Hoping we can start a Facebook group or something! For reference, I was declined from McGill and U of A this year. Waitlisted for UBC last year, and accepted to UBC this year. Wishing everyone the best of luck the rest of this stressful season ❤️ 

Is anybody else finding the wait to hear from Dalhousie absolutely excruciating? We're creeping up on the date that I got my rejection email last year which certainly does not help the nerves ?

45 minutes ago, SLPrettyPlease said:

Is anybody else finding the wait to hear from Dalhousie absolutely excruciating? We're creeping up on the date that I got my rejection email last year which certainly does not help the nerves ?

Yes!!

When did you get your rejection email, if you don’t mind me asking? I just would like to hear something, anything ?

On 4/5/2022 at 1:08 PM, bakedbeans said:

still waiting as well!

I'm also still waiting, it's driving me crazy. I just want to press the accept button.

LOL anyone else not able to focus on exams right now due to the anticipation of finalizing a U of A offer? I can't seem to focus on anything!

13 hours ago, wannabe_SLP said:

Congratulations to everyone accepted the past couple weeks!! I received an offer from UBC today and I am so excited to meet everyone in September :) Hoping we can start a Facebook group or something! For reference, I was declined from McGill and U of A this year. Waitlisted for UBC last year, and accepted to UBC this year. Wishing everyone the best of luck the rest of this stressful season ❤️ 

Congratulations on your acceptance!!! 

I was just wondering, were you able to press accept or decline for your U of A offer on the GSMS portal? I received an offer, and I want accept, but I think they have a delay in updating the portal, because it still says pre-screening for me. I know a number of others that also have been accepted and cannot officially accept it, because the portal hasn't been updates. 

28 minutes ago, Slpyyz said:

Yes!!

When did you get your rejection email, if you don’t mind me asking? I just would like to hear something, anything ?

Last year I received my email on April 8th which is only two days away.. I've also just heard from someone else who was waitlisted last year the following day so maybe it's not done in order of Accepted, Waitlisted, Rejected? So nerve wracking!!

23 minutes ago, ps03 said:

I was just wondering, were you able to press accept or decline for your U of A offer on the GSMS portal? I received an offer, and I want accept, but I think they have a delay in updating the portal, because it still says pre-screening for me. I know a number of others that also have been accepted and cannot officially accept it, because the portal hasn't been updates. 

Hello. I think someone previously shared their contact with Vicki and was told that this year, there is some delay on the FGSR side, and they are processing our files now(mine changed to under review sth two days ago and now stays). She said if there is further delay, she will extend our deadline, I assume it means we will not have to miss the original April 15th ddl.  

Hey everyone!
Apologies if this has already been discussed (I can't find it on this thread). Is there a group chat for U of T yet? It would be awesome if someone wouldn't mind sharing the link if there is one. Thank you!! :)

22 hours ago, ewdavid said:

Got into UBC! Now I'm conflicted between U of A and UBC...I like the idea of staying in BC for grad school but U of A arguably has a better program?? 

Hi! Congrats on getting in!!!! I'm going to be applying to UBC and U of A next year. I was wondering if you could share your GPA/SLP-related experience? Totally fine if not, just thought I would ask :)

Edited by pinacoladja

2 hours ago, pinacoladja said:

Hi! Congrats on getting in!!!! I'm going to be applying to UBC and U of A next year. I was wondering if you could share your GPA/SLP-related experience? Totally fine if not, just thought I would ask :)

Hi! Thank you so much :) I'll message you! 

I have started a separate forum so that those on waitlists can get a sense of how many spots are possibly going to be available once people firmly accept their acceptances. If those of you who were offered a position have made a decision on where you're going, could you please comment on this forum and mention: 

Which schools you were accepted/waitlisted at. 

Which school you will most likely accept. 

Thank you :)