2022 School Psychology Applications

jamescorden

8 hours ago, schoolpsychstress said:

just got a rejection from umass amherst ... feeling pretty down 

Don't feel too down :( I understand though, thats how I felt when I got my rejection from Oregon. Just remember you are qualified and worth it! While a lot of this is about qualifications, it's also up to chance.  Things will work out the way they are meant to :) Feel better!

On 2/6/2022 at 11:50 AM, Ci-ci said:

Okay good to know! It’s one of my top choices and I’m getting antsy lol 

did they ever mention how long it generally takes for them to send out interview invites ? I’m assuming it should be soon since interviews are about 3 weeks away? 

Hey I just got an interview invite for SDSU. I think they are sending them out slowly throughout the week, because someone on reddit said they got an invite Friday. 

2 hours ago, schoolpsychapp said:

Hey I just got an interview invite for SDSU. I think they are sending them out slowly throughout the week, because someone on reddit said they got an invite Friday. 

Just curious what ur application generally looked like? Just so I can see what their accepting in comparison to my application. Crossing my fingers ??Oh and was it a PI that reached out or the program generally ?

36 minutes ago, goldenstate24 said:

Just got waitlisted for University of Montana, so anxious to find out if I can get an offer!

If you don't mind me asking, how were you notified? I'm waiting to hear back about the PhD program and am so antsy!

13 minutes ago, psych328 said:

Not yet but really hope to hear back soon! Are they still sending out invites?

That's what I'm trying to figure out too! Wondering if they're still sending them out. 

Edited by ejs1226

On 2/7/2022 at 9:15 AM, schoolpsychstress said:

just got a rejection from umass amherst ... feeling pretty down 

I'm sorry, rejections are so disappointing :( You worked so hard to get to this point, and even applying is a feat in itself!! There are so many qualified applicants it almost becomes a numbers game at some point

10 minutes ago, schoolpsych33 said:

Hi! Has anyone heard back from University of Florida or North Carolina or know when we will hear?

I am also excited to hear from back from UNC - I know their final deadline for applications was Tuesday, though I interviewed mid-January

1 minute ago, jamescorden said:

I am also excited to hear from back from UNC - I know their final deadline for applications was Tuesday, though I interviewed mid-January

I also interviewed mid January so the waiting process has been so hard! Do you know if they are going to interview the applicants that sent in applications on Tuesday before they tell us their decisions about us?

2 minutes ago, schoolpsych33 said:

I also interviewed mid January so the waiting process has been so hard! Do you know if they are going to interview the applicants that sent in applications on Tuesday before they tell us their decisions about us?

When I interviewed, they said they weren't really sure what the next steps in the process would be yet - do you think it would be worth sending an email just to see what next steps might be?

3 minutes ago, jamescorden said:

When I interviewed, they said they weren't really sure what the next steps in the process would be yet - do you think it would be worth sending an email just to see what next steps might be?

I think because they said they weren't sure what the next steps were, it could be worth emailing to ask if they have a better idea now.