2022 School Psychology Applications

jamescorden

13 hours ago, sdph22 said:

Any word yet for Northeastern MS program? Seen a few other people asking but no responses as of yet. Tomorrow will be two weeks from the deadline and the unknown is so frustrating.

Last year they had interviews end of February/beginning of March and sent decisions out like a week or two later. I wouldn't stress too much about not getting into the program, they had like 84 applicants last year and admitted over 50- the odds are in your favor. You can see admissions data for all NASP approved programs on their website. 

1 minute ago, schoolpsychapp said:

Last year they had interviews end of February/beginning of March and sent decisions out like a week or two later. I wouldn't stress too much about not getting into the program, they had like 84 applicants last year and admitted over 50- the odds are in your favor. You can see admissions data for all NASP approved programs on their website. 

I needed to hear that, saw those stats on the NASP website but tend to get in my own head. Thank you!

3 hours ago, psych11 said:

Is anyone interviewing at University of Oregon today? If yes, could you explain what happened during the Group Q&A and interview section of the day? My interview is tomorrow and I'm pretty nervous

Don't worry about it! The Group Q&A is very relaxed. It's you and a few other applicants talking to  1 or 2 grad students for each lab accepting students. The individual interviews you also shouldn't worry about, just 15min 1-on-1 talks with each professor taking students. Just try and prepare a lot of questions beforehand and you'll be fine!

7 hours ago, psych11 said:

Is anyone interviewing at University of Oregon today? If yes, could you explain what happened during the Group Q&A and interview section of the day? My interview is tomorrow and I'm pretty nervous

I interviewed at UO today and it was honestly an amazing experience! I was a little nervous as well but everyone was so incredibly kind. The group Q&A was definitely more laid back than I expected; the grad students just let us ask them questions more so than them interviewing us. I’d say just come prepared with plenty of questions to ask! You’ll do great! ?

5 minutes ago, strawberryshortcakes said:

anyone have any advice on signs that an interview went well? I had a one-on-one today with my top choice POI. They were very very kind and sincere, but the interview itself was the most structured I’ve had so far which made it a little hard to read ?

Congrats on interviewing with your top choice! Honestly, it's hard to tell if a decent or even great interview will lead to acceptance. Unless you completely bombed the interview, and unless they tell you an answer immediately after, there really is no way to know. I was accepted to a program after an interview where I thought I performed decently but not great. It also all depends on how everyone else did. Good luck!

33 minutes ago, Benji204 said:

Congrats on interviewing with your top choice! Honestly, it's hard to tell if a decent or even great interview will lead to acceptance. Unless you completely bombed the interview, and unless they tell you an answer immediately after, there really is no way to know. I was accepted to a program after an interview where I thought I performed decently but not great. It also all depends on how everyone else did. Good luck!

thank you for this! ? i definitely appreciate the support. wish you all the best as well!!