2022 School Psychology Applications

jamescorden

11 hours ago, spapp said:

thanks and i wish the best of luck for you as well! i’m also waiting to hear back from lehigh, syracuse, and northern illinois — i’ll make another post if i hear anything from or about those programs :) also, i know lehigh is a great program but i’ve heard from a recent grad that their funding can be a bit iffy 

I applied to Syracuse and Lehigh as well! Haven't heard back either, but I worry I might not be a super competitive applicant in general ? Would you mind sharing the initials of your POIs for those schools and Temple? If not it's no worries, just curious! UMass Boston sent out a general email that they will be sending out decisions regarding interview invites in January, so some schools definitely may be taking longer.

2 hours ago, OC13 said:

I applied to Syracuse and Lehigh as well! Haven't heard back either, but I worry I might not be a super competitive applicant in general ? Would you mind sharing the initials of your POIs for those schools and Temple? If not it's no worries, just curious! UMass Boston sent out a general email that they will be sending out decisions regarding interview invites in January, so some schools definitely may be taking longer.

Lehigh: PM, BD, RH

Syracuse: JF

Temple: JB, XJ, LS

I wouldn’t worry too much about whether or not you’re a competitive applicant, that’s truly something for the programs to be deciding. I applied straight out of undergrad two years ago with barely any experience and no publications, but I ended up going to two interviews. Sometimes, it really just comes down to luck. Funding was cut for the program I wanted to go to, so I ended up going to a MS for gen psych and I guess here I am. I’d be happy to share the MS program and the lab I’m currently in that’s school psych related if you’re also considering gaining more experience before applying later on if things don’t work out this round. It’s one of the only psych master’s programs that I know of that offers funding, so I’m basically going to school for free. 

On 12/15/2021 at 3:41 PM, spapp said:

hello guys! haven’t posted anything on here but i thought it would be helpful for some of y’all to know that i received interview invites from temple’s school psych phd program two days ago as well as loyola chicago’s phd program yesterday. not sure if those two programs are still in the progress of sending invites

Congrats! When is your Loyola interview? Is it in person or virtual? Have yet to hear back from them, so fingers crossed! 

11 minutes ago, mtgunner said:

Congrats! When is your Loyola interview? Is it in person or virtual? Have yet to hear back from them, so fingers crossed! 

Thank you! Loyola Chicago is interviewing Jan 10 and they want people to RSVP by Jan 3. There wasn’t anything in the email that made it seem like they were 100% finished going through applications, so they could still be inviting applicants to their virtual interview. Best of luck! 

18 hours ago, spapp said:

Lehigh: PM, BD, RH

Syracuse: JF

Temple: JB, XJ, LS

I wouldn’t worry too much about whether or not you’re a competitive applicant, that’s truly something for the programs to be deciding. I applied straight out of undergrad two years ago with barely any experience and no publications, but I ended up going to two interviews. Sometimes, it really just comes down to luck. Funding was cut for the program I wanted to go to, so I ended up going to a MS for gen psych and I guess here I am. I’d be happy to share the MS program and the lab I’m currently in that’s school psych related if you’re also considering gaining more experience before applying later on if things don’t work out this round. It’s one of the only psych master’s programs that I know of that offers funding, so I’m basically going to school for free. 

Thank you so much for your encouragement! I also indicated interest in PM, JF, and XJ - their work seems great! But yeah I'm currently applying straight out of undergrad. I would definitely be interested in a general psych MS program for experience before reapplying, but getting an EdS is also a consideration of mine and possibly doing a PhD later in the future. It's definitely my goal, regardless of when I get there! I do plan on applying to masters levels programs in general and then gauging the best decision for myself. If you're willing to share that'd be great!

Edited by OC13

2 minutes ago, rei_silver said:

Hi there! Has anyone heard back from Syracuse University, University of Washington, or UC Berkeley yet? I applied to all of their PhD programs. 

Good luck to everyone waiting :)

I applied to UC Berkeley but haven't heard anything yet!

19 hours ago, jamescorden said:

For those who already had interviews, how did they go?!

i’ve only had the preliminary zoom interviews with faculty from UWM so far. i got an invite to go to their official in-person/zoom interview day like an hour ago, so things went well! has anyone else heard from them?

3 hours ago, spapp said:

i’ve only had the preliminary zoom interviews with faculty from UWM so far. i got an invite to go to their official in-person/zoom interview day like an hour ago, so things went well! has anyone else heard from them?

Do you mind sharing what PI you applied to at UWM? Did it seem like they might be sending out more invites? I interviewed last week and haven’t heard anything yet. 

50 minutes ago, EdPsych said:

Do you mind sharing what PI you applied to at UWM? Did it seem like they might be sending out more invites? I interviewed last week and haven’t heard anything yet.

it wasn’t a mass email or anything like that so they could still be sending out invites. my PIs are AG and SK but i got the invite email from KE

1 hour ago, spapp said:

it wasn’t a mass email or anything like that so they could still be sending out invites. my PIs are AG and SK but i got the invite email from KE

Just to clarify - is this UW-Madison or UW-Milwaukee or somewhere else entirely?

Congrats to everyone that have gotten interviews! The waiting game is harder than I expected. Has anyone heard from any of the following programs:

Maryland

Lehigh

Rutgers

Syracuse

Northeastern

U Mass Boston

ECU

South Carolina

Albany

Buffalo