2022 School Psychology Applications

jamescorden

23 hours ago, amandab2022 said:

Hey y'all, wanted to hop on and say that I have heard from Michigan State, Wisconsin (for second round), and Nebraska-Lincoln. Anyone heard anything from Mizzou?

Do you mind sharing what day you did your preliminary interview for Wisconsin and the PIs you applied to work with? I haven't heard anything about round 2 yet.

Have you guys received any invites for in-person interviews and how are we feeling about that? I've received one in-person invite at Michigan State but I am feeling a little uneasy with the current COVID situation. Do you guys think in-person interviews will stay in-person considering how quickly omicron is spreading now/will spread after the holidays? ?

3 hours ago, strawberryshortcakes said:

Have you guys received any invites for in-person interviews and how are we feeling about that? I've received one in-person invite at Michigan State but I am feeling a little uneasy with the current COVID situation. Do you guys think in-person interviews will stay in-person considering how quickly omicron is spreading now/will spread after the holidays? ?

I also received the in-person MSU invite and am feeling a little stressed about it. I also had an invite from Temple that included an in-person option and they just decided yesterday to conduct everything virtually. I’m wondering if MSU might change over to doing things virtually depending on how things are progressing. 

4 hours ago, EdPsych said:

I also received the in-person MSU invite and am feeling a little stressed about it. I also had an invite from Temple that included an in-person option and they just decided yesterday to conduct everything virtually. I’m wondering if MSU might change over to doing things virtually depending on how things are progressing. 

I’m wondering the same. I guess we will play it by ear and see how things go! 

On 12/23/2021 at 10:33 AM, PavlovsFavorite_dog said:

did anyone here apply to Northeastern's PhD program? Have not seen much discussion about them anywhere?

Was thinking the same thing-heard back from them about interviews last week, but haven't seen much about them on these forums..

I also heard back today about a 2nd round interview/official full-day interview with Montana! Congrats!

As for UW-Madison, I know they've already sent out invites for round 2 interviews, they're taking place at the end of the month.

Someone on Reddit also added that they heard back from Berkeley a little over a week ago, they're having a full-day virtual interview.

On 12/22/2021 at 8:48 AM, strawberryshortcakes said:

I'm thinking that lots of schools are trying to figure out this omicron mess too LOL. Maybe that's why the waiting game is starting to drag a bit??

3 hours ago, petarrrrr said:

I also received an interview for UCSB the same day that you did on 11/30/21 and interviewed! Did you hear back yet about the second phase of interviews?

Yes, they already sent out interviews for the second phase of the interview process. They emailed candidates this week, early Monday. 

37 minutes ago, JoZP said:

Yes, they already sent out interviews for the second phase of the interview process. They emailed candidates this week, early Monday. 

Oooh! If you don’t mind me asking, when is your interview day? Also, what are the initials of your PIs?

Wishing you the best out there!!!?

On 10/18/2021 at 11:31 AM, jamescorden said:

Here's a list of programs I'm applying to:

• University of California, Santa Barbara (PhD)
  • Tulane University (PhD)
  • University of California, Berkeley (PhD)
  • University of Montana (PhD)
  • University of Minnesota-Twin Cities (PhD)
  • University at Albany (SUNY) (PsyD)
  • University of Colorado Denver (PsyD)
  • University of North Carolina Chapel Hill (PhD)
  • University of Wisconsin-Madison (PhD)
  • University of Virginia (PhD)

Have you heard from UCBerkeley yet? I saw many people already hear from it but I received nothing…