2022 School Psychology Applications

jamescorden

1 hour ago, spapp said:

just got an interview invite for lehigh and they’re planning to hold virtual interviews on the 24th

Me too! Best of luck I hope they're a smooth process for us!

Edited by OC13

1 hour ago, mikgrad said:

Berkeley sent out interview invites the last week of December and their interview day is scheduled for next week. However, I have no clue if there will be additional interviews afterwards or if there's a waitlist of sorts

It’s really weird that I saw tons of people posting rejection letters on gradcafe, while I received nothing

Just now, wawawaka said:

shouldnt they have similar timeline though?

I'm not really sure because School Psych is under the School of Education. I also have no clue if there will be additional interview days or if they're still contacting people

59 minutes ago, jnamb said:

Out of curiosity, how long were your interviews? Were you asked any questions that were surprising to you?

Each of my interviews were 30 minutes long. One felt like a standard job interview, one felt more conversational, and one felt like a personality assessment.

23 hours ago, schoolpsych2022 said:

If we don't hear from umass boston this week should we assume we don't have an interview? Just getting nervous as the week is ending and I haven't heard anything.

I am slightly confused about UMass Boston because the counseling side of the program sent out an email to applicants that they will not be accepting a cohort due to unforeseen circumstances. There was an email posted to the clinical psych discord. Do people for sure know that the school psych side is going to have a 2022 cohort?

1 hour ago, psychapp22 said:

I am slightly confused about UMass Boston because the counseling side of the program sent out an email to applicants that they will not be accepting a cohort due to unforeseen circumstances. There was an email posted to the clinical psych discord. Do people for sure know that the school psych side is going to have a 2022 cohort?

I also haven't heard anything from UMass but this is interesting... do you know how long ago that email was sent out for the counseling applicants? I want to believe that they already would've sent out a similar email to school psych applicants too if that's the case. I guess we'll see!

44 minutes ago, OC13 said:

I also haven't heard anything from UMass but this is interesting... do you know how long ago that email was sent out for the counseling applicants? I want to believe that they already would've sent out a similar email to school psych applicants too if that's the case. I guess we'll see!

Hi! I talked with psychapp22. It seems like the email was sent a month ago so I am fairly confident we would have heard about no cohort by now but I can't say for certain. All in all I am just more confused that we all have not heard any news. I am unsure if no news means a rejection or if they are still waiting to send stuff out as they anticipated it being this week.

53 minutes ago, OC13 said:

Just emailed to inquire about the cohort and interviews are still happening-updates should be sent out soon.