2022 School Psychology Applications

jamescorden

Could anyone give me the inside track on the Cognition, Brain, Behavior PhD at UNM? Is it a good one? Is it super competitive to get into?

My research experience isn't strong, but I'm very interested in the premise of the program. I know that the clinical psych track is crazy competitive, but fortunately I don't want to be a clinical psychologist :)

Thanks!

hello guys! haven’t posted anything on here but i thought it would be helpful for some of y’all to know that i received interview invites from temple’s school psych phd program two days ago as well as loyola chicago’s phd program yesterday. not sure if those two programs are still in the progress of sending invites

2 hours ago, spapp said:

hello guys! haven’t posted anything on here but i thought it would be helpful for some of y’all to know that i received interview invites from temple’s school psych phd program two days ago as well as loyola chicago’s phd program yesterday. not sure if those two programs are still in the progress of sending invites

Oh dang, I also applied to Temple and haven't heard back :( Was keeping my fingers crossed for that program but oh well, that's life! Would you mind sharing how soon your interviews are? Are they in the beginning of January or towards the end? I wonder if they will send out more than one round of invites.

1 hour ago, OC13 said:

Oh dang, I also applied to Temple and haven't heard back :( Was keeping my fingers crossed for that program but oh well, that's life! Would you mind sharing how soon your interviews are? Are they in the beginning of January or towards the end? I wonder if they will send out more than one round of invites.

sorry that you haven’t heard back from them yet :( but they’re having interviews on Jan 12 and 13. The 12th is for those who prefer to come in person, the 13th for those who want to interview over zoom

44 minutes ago, spapp said:

sorry that you haven’t heard back from them yet :( but they’re having interviews on Jan 12 and 13. The 12th is for those who prefer to come in person, the 13th for those who want to interview over zoom

Gotcha thanks! Wishing you luck through the interview process ?

9 hours ago, schoolpsychapp said:

Got accepted into UCSB's School Psych M.Ed. program :) Another applicant let me know that second round interview invites for the PhD program also went out this week, guess they are only doing 1 interview for the Masters program! 

YAY!! ? So exciting!!

3 hours ago, OC13 said:

Gotcha thanks! Wishing you luck through the interview process ?

thanks and i wish the best of luck for you as well! i’m also waiting to hear back from lehigh, syracuse, and northern illinois — i’ll make another post if i hear anything from or about those programs :) also, i know lehigh is a great program but i’ve heard from a recent grad that their funding can be a bit iffy