2022 School Psychology Applications

jamescorden

Anyone heard from University of Missouri (Mizzou)? They sent out an email this morning stating:

I would like to provide you an update on our graduate admission process.  Initial reviews of applications have been completed by faculty members and committees.  Our faculty members have been contacting selected applicants via phone or email for virtual or on-campus interviews.  Unfortunately, due to the number of applications received, not all applicants will have a formal interview.

We anticipate that admission offers will be made in the first week of February.  Admission offers will include information on financial support, including a stipend and tuition waiver.

Unfortunately, I cannot provide status updates on individual applications. However, I am available to assist with general questions about our program.

Is this basically a rejection? I did not get an invite to interview.

1 hour ago, PsychedRat said:

Anyone heard from University of Missouri (Mizzou)? They sent out an email this morning stating:

I would like to provide you an update on our graduate admission process.  Initial reviews of applications have been completed by faculty members and committees.  Our faculty members have been contacting selected applicants via phone or email for virtual or on-campus interviews.  Unfortunately, due to the number of applications received, not all applicants will have a formal interview.

We anticipate that admission offers will be made in the first week of February.  Admission offers will include information on financial support, including a stipend and tuition waiver.

Unfortunately, I cannot provide status updates on individual applications. However, I am available to assist with general questions about our program.

It sounds like a very soft one. I recall someone someone saying they received an invite on Reddit, but I could be wrong.

On 1/15/2022 at 10:57 AM, PsychedRat said:

I interviewed at Mizzou last week at the formal interview day, but I have not received this email

Canadian applicant here.. the only American school I applied to was UMass Boston. I will interview on February 11. The Canadian programs are very slow to move.. I applied to four programs here and am still waiting for word.

Anyone else here applying to Canadian schools?

7 minutes ago, EdPsych said:

For those who interviewed last week with Temple - does anyone know what the timeline might be like for hearing back about offers? 

They supposedly respond really quick. This is what we were told by current students. Based on past timelines posted here, people have heard back as early as 4 days after interviewing. So, we will likely hear back this week. Did you interview Wednesday or Thursday? I was surprised at how many people were being interviewed for 3-4 spots.

43 minutes ago, Benji204 said:

They supposedly respond really quick. This is what we were told by current students. Based on past timelines posted here, people have heard back as early as 4 days after interviewing. So, we will likely hear back this week. Did you interview Wednesday or Thursday? I was surprised at how many people were being interviewed for 3-4 spots.

Ok, thank you! I interviewed on Thursday and there were only a few of us so I figured most people interviewed Wednesday.  

17 hours ago, Benji204 said:

lol i totally forgot that there were two interview dates. i interviewed on wednesday and i think there were like 15 of us 

On 1/15/2022 at 10:57 AM, PsychedRat said:

That's so interesting! I applied for Mizzou and have heard nothing from them since my application submission was confirmed. That's such a vague way to communicate a decision (or lack thereof), I really can't tell if that indicates waitlist or rejection. You'd think they would specify a bit more. Wishing you the best of luck! 

Edited by mtgunner

2 hours ago, Benji204 said:

Does anyone know of schools that have already reached out with final decisions?

I received an admissions offer from Michigan State directly from my POI via email. They said an official admissions letter from the program would be coming soon, so I'm not sure how other POIs at MSU might be going about notifying applicants of final decisions! 

27 minutes ago, strawberryshortcakes said:

I received an admissions offer from Michigan State directly from my POI via email. They said an official admissions letter from the program would be coming soon, so I'm not sure how other POIs at MSU might be going about notifying applicants of final decisions! 

Congratulations! That's super exciting. Hopefully more good news will be coming along soon.

5 hours ago, mtgunner said:

That's so interesting! I applied for Mizzou and have heard nothing from them since my application submission was confirmed. That's such a vague way to communicate a decision (or lack thereof), I really can't tell if that indicates waitlist or rejection. You'd think they would specify a bit more. Wishing you the best of luck! 

That is exactly the boat I'm in. I've also heard UVA sent out rejections, but I did not get one. I followed up with both programs today.

23 hours ago, schoolpsychstress said:

If I have not heard back from UMASS Boston, is it assumed I didn't get an interview? My portal is not even updated with new information. I send them an email every few days and they just keep saying to be patient, but everything was submitted over a month ago. 

Ah, nevermind. I now realize people have been talking about getting interviews for the phd program, not the masters. Crisis averted. 

A bit late but here are the schools I applied to:

San Diego State University

UC Denver

U of Northern Colorado

Lewis+Clark

University of Oregon

Seattle U

University of Washington

UN Las Vegas

New Mexico State University

U of Montana

U of South Dakota

Of these schools, I have received interviews for University of Montana, University of Oregon, and University of Denver. I have not received any rejections yet, and my undergrad gpa was 3.69.

Any word yet for Northeastern MS program? Seen a few other people asking but no responses as of yet. Tomorrow will be two weeks from the deadline and the unknown is so frustrating.

1 hour ago, goldenstate24 said:

A bit late but here are the schools I applied to:

San Diego State University

UC Denver

U of Northern Colorado

Lewis+Clark

University of Oregon

Seattle U

University of Washington

UN Las Vegas

New Mexico State University

U of Montana

U of South Dakota

Of these schools, I have received interviews for University of Montana, University of Oregon, and University of Denver. I have not received any rejections yet, and my undergrad gpa was 3.69.

Congrats on getting a couple of interviews! If you don’t mind me asking, when did you hear from CU Denver/when is the interview? Haven’t heard anything yet and wondering if I’m rejected or just on the waitlist. Thanks!!

5 hours ago, blucifer22 said:

Congrats on getting a couple of interviews! If you don’t mind me asking, when did you hear from CU Denver/when is the interview? Haven’t heard anything yet and wondering if I’m rejected or just on the waitlist. Thanks!!

I got an interview for University of Denver not UC Denver, but I applied to both. I am hoping to hear from them soon, good luck :)