2022 School Psychology Applications

jamescorden

On 1/19/2022 at 9:17 PM, goldenstate24 said:

I got an interview for University of Denver not UC Denver, but I applied to both. I am hoping to hear from them soon, good luck :) 

Hi,  did you hear back about the schedule for the University of Denver interview day and a link to access it? I RSVPd back in December but have not yet received an update or any info. Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, EdPsych said:

Congrats! Can I ask which PI? Did it come from the PI or from the program as a whole? 

ty! and it didn’t come from the PI so i’m not sure but i only expressed an interest in working with XJ. i got an email from the college of education with a pdf of my admission decision. 

is it fine to decline an interview if you know 100% you wouldn’t go to that program? i recently got offers from my top ones and it feels insincere to go to an interview i have on thursday. i also don’t want to waste the faculty’s time or potentially put an applicant on their waitlist if they offer me a spot 

5 hours ago, schoolpsych2022 said:

okay! I haven't seen it but will keep an eye out. my portal is not updated one way or another either

The person on reddit said it was for the EdS program, so might still be waiting for doc programs

1 hour ago, spapp said:

is it fine to decline an interview if you know 100% you wouldn’t go to that program? i recently got offers from my top ones and it feels insincere to go to an interview i have on thursday. i also don’t want to waste the faculty’s time or potentially put an applicant on their waitlist if they offer me a spot 

if you’ve already RSVP’ed i’d go. if they give you an offer of admission and you know you don’t want to go, you can always decline the offer. but if they are expecting you i wouldn’t decline the interview this close to the interview date 

24 minutes ago, A Okay said:

On the other hand,  maybe someone who wasn't offered an interview because they liked your application more might get a last minute invitation if you decide to let them know. 

i think it’s a bit too late for them to reach out to other applicants about invites. i already RSVP’ed bc i wasn’t sure if i’d get acceptances but I heard back from my top programs last week and today. i think i’ll go still but just be v transparent about my interest in the program — i’m not trying to get accepted 

also, i got accepted into lehigh’s phd program today. it was by phone call so i think advisors are reaching out to applicants on their own time or whenever they’ve personally reached a decision. official letters are being sent after phone calls 

For Temple applicants-- I hadn't heard back and I know interviews have passed. This morning I got an email from them and I'm not sure what to make of it...

"Your application has been reviewed by the faculty admissions committee of your intended academic program. Additional information will be sent to you by mail shortly. Please note that we are unable to provide decision updates by phone or email"