MSW Fall 2022 Applications

moria95

5 minutes ago, srose2022 said:

unfortunately I already did ? nyu originally gave me until the 9th and I got a final extension to the 15th. columbia said they made a mark on my file, but again, I'm nearing the end of the timeline they gave me and there's only a few days between then and when I have to let nyu know

I would try again since these are special circumstances. Never hurts to give them a call, speak to a supervisor (if there is one), and tell them of the circumstances or even go in person, if you're in the area.

Edited by JBrwn

Just now, JBrwn said:

I would try again since its a special circumstance. Never hurts to give them a call, speak to a supervisor (if there is one), and tell them of the circumstances or even go in person, if you're in the area.

if I were at home I would totally go in person myself, but I live at school outside of ny. I tried calling to speak with someone about it already and they said the only way to go about it was emailing, and when I did that (with a full explanation of everything) that was the latest they would go. I'll probably email again on friday to see if I can get another one and if not I'll still be more than happy at nyu:) just wish the deadline situation was like undergrad admissions instead lol

10 minutes ago, srose2022 said:

if I were at home I would totally go in person myself, but I live at school outside of ny. I tried calling to speak with someone about it already and they said the only way to go about it was emailing, and when I did that (with a full explanation of everything) that was the latest they would go. I'll probably email again on friday to see if I can get another one and if not I'll still be more than happy at nyu:) just wish the deadline situation was like undergrad admissions instead lol

Yeah, definitely doesn't seem fair. Another strategy would be to join an info session and ask about extensions there usu. the presenter will let you email them after the session and may be more helpful (I got some fee waivers that way when they admissions offices wouldn't respond to my emails lol).

Good luck!

Edited by JBrwn

2 hours ago, JBrwn said:

Yeah, definitely doesn't seem fair. Another strategy would be to join an info session and ask about extensions there usu. the presenter will let you email them after the session and may be more helpful (I got some fee waivers that way when they admissions offices wouldn't respond to my emails lol).

Good luck!

this is so insane-- I literally just got my acceptance letter!! I think I manifested it here lol. No scholarship unfortunately, so that makes deciding a whole lot easier. Best of luck to you as well!

On 3/23/2022 at 12:47 PM, mssw said:

For those who’ve applied to UT Austin’s advanced standing program:

I just received my acceptance letter from Andrea. Best of luck to everyone! 

Congratulations!!! Would you mind sharing if you applied in November or January? I’m holding out on a job offer based on my acceptance at Steve Hicks and applied in January. So very nervous! Thank you!

9 hours ago, HappyGoLucky. said:

Congratulations!!! Would you mind sharing if you applied in November or January? I’m holding out on a job offer based on my acceptance at Steve Hicks and applied in January. So very nervous! Thank you!

Thank you! I had issues with submitting my application but I was able to submit before the deadline on Feb 14. I was cutting it very close! 

did you apply for advanced standing? Wish you all the best! 

On 3/31/2022 at 8:57 PM, workerbee said:

Has anyone chosen UChicago? I’m looking at that program, Columbia, and UCLA as my top choices. Curious to what people have heard about the programs, or why they chose it!

I am torn between Columbia and UChicago as well. Have you decided on these schools yet? 

I got admissions from both UChicago and Columbia today and needs to decide ASAP since the deadline for commitment is coming soon.

2 hours ago, hoochooginger said:

I am torn between Columbia and UChicago as well. Have you decided on these schools yet? 

I got admissions from both UChicago and Columbia today and needs to decide ASAP since the deadline for commitment is coming soon.

I haven’t decided but I need to by Friday which is crazy! There’s so many positives to each but having visited all the schools, if I were between Columbia and Chicago I’d pick Chicago. You still get a fabulous program with a well known school and Chicago is just a better city and frankly more affordable. My issue is now Chicago vs UCLA in reality. 

On 4/13/2022 at 2:59 PM, hoochooginger said:

I would also choose UChicago. The city is much easier to live in (more affordable, better trains, although colder because of the wind). It's a beautiful city. UChicago has an outstanding reputation, very nerdy, passionate instructors and students. They also have unique specializations that Columbia lacks. If they are the same price, I'd pick UChicago without hesitation. 

On 4/1/2022 at 9:49 PM, isabellovesfrogs said:

Hi :) I just applied and was accepted to the Boston College MSW program. Does anyone know reviews from people who have been there? 

Hi I'm finishing my first year at BCSSW right now. If you are looking to be pushed in your beliefs and want a progressive program, BC isn't the best place for that. The admin is kind of a mess and there's a lot of clinical adjunct professors that I know of that aren't really great teachers. It's supposedly ranked high but the program itself needs a lot of revamping in my opinion.