Jump to content

MSW Fall 2022 Applications


moria95

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, gradapplyje said:

Same!  Do you know if they'll send direct emails or is it through the San Marcos Student Center (myCSUSM)?  Also, do you know anyone who has attended their program, if so, what has been there feedback?

I have not heard from them, but I heard back from SDSU today which I wasn't expecting. SDSU is my first choice so I'll be checking CSUSM if they offer me an interview but I'm set on SDSU now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Normanaitor said:

If you can recall, and don't mind sharing what was your question? Anxiety minds want to know. I am getting ahead of myself since I haven't yet been invited to interview.... but still. 

My question was related to how I can prepare to understand experiences outside of my own. Or something like that lol. It honestly stumped me. All of the other questions that others got were sort of the same, requiring you to be introspective.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, gradapplyje said:

I applied to the 2 year online too!!  I love their program structure (compared to some other online programs) and really enjoy some of their staff.  Definitely cheaper than like USC.

 

I'm hoping we both get in!!! I applied for CSUF and interview with them on Thursday and also CSULB but haven't heard back from them yet. But like I said I really want to do it online so I'm hoping for the best!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, futuremsw2022 said:

I was accepted into UNC today! Anyone know when financial aid will be released?

Congrats! UNC Chapel Hill SSW? How did you hear from them email or something else? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dogmama said:

I'm hoping we both get in!!! I applied for CSUF and interview with them on Thursday and also CSULB but haven't heard back from them yet. But like I said I really want to do it online so I'm hoping for the best!!

We have similar things going on!  I also applied to CSUF (haven't heard back yet though :( ) as well as like 6 others!  So far only accepted to CSULA and CSUSB.  BUt like you, I'm leaning towards the online d/t distance/having to relocate.  When did you submit your application to CSUN?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, gradapplyje said:

We have similar things going on!  I also applied to CSUF (haven't heard back yet though :( ) as well as like 6 others!  So far only accepted to CSULA and CSUSB.  BUt like you, I'm leaning towards the online d/t distance/having to relocate.  When did you submit your application to CSUN?

I totally understand! I went online for COVID during undergrad and I honestly preferred being able to do school from home. I think I applied by 1/2/22 since my recommenders took a while to submit my letters. And congrats on your acceptances that is so exciting!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Kaykay321 said:

Same! Can you keep me updated on what financial aid they offer you? 

 

3 hours ago, Kaykay321 said:

Also got accepted to Berkeley. Waiting for financial aid letter. 

 

3 hours ago, Kaykay321 said:

Same! Can you keep me updated on what financial aid they offer you? 

 

14 hours ago, Mswapplicant828 said:

I got an acceptance from Berkeley! The email to check my application portal came at 6PM.

Congratulations!

 

14 hours ago, Mswapplicant828 said:

I got an acceptance from Berkeley! The email to check my application portal came at 6PM.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey y'all,

I posted in here awhile ago with some concerns over a sanction that no one could respond to, but luckily have good news! Despite being rejected from Fordham, I was just accepted into NYU's full-time clinical program with the Founder's Fellow scholarship! I applied before  I'm still waiting to hear back from Columbia (I applied close to the final deadline) and Hunter, which I applied to by their priority date. Has anyone emailed Columbia regarding admission decisions to get an answer within a response deadline for another school, and if so, how do you go about doing that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/8/2022 at 12:53 PM, Dogmama said:

I totally understand! I went online for COVID during undergrad and I honestly preferred being able to do school from home. I think I applied by 1/2/22 since my recommenders took a while to submit my letters. And congrats on your acceptances that is so exciting!!

Yeah, I never thought I'd be able to learn remotely until Covid and then I saw it wasn't so bad.  So much  more convenient.  Ugh, one of my recommenders took awhile also - it was giving me a heart attack! Thank you!! Have you heard anything about CSUSB's online MSW (through Pathway) program?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, gradapplyje said:

Yeah, I never thought I'd be able to learn remotely until Covid and then I saw it wasn't so bad.  So much  more convenient.  Ugh, one of my recommenders took awhile also - it was giving me a heart attack! Thank you!! Have you heard anything about CSUSB's online MSW (through Pathway) program?

I actually didn't apply for their program. I'm new to the field and I was a little late in the game with getting applications in. I initially thought I wanted to do in person programs so I only applied to schools near me (CSUF and CSULB) but decided last minute to apply for CSUN's online program. But since then I've been wishing that I had applied to more online programs. If I don't end up getting into their program I might look into Fordham University, Boston University, or UMass Global since they all do rolling admissions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello all,

I am got an email today with a financial aid award to Humboldt State which included a grant for almost all of my tution, Funny thing though I haven't actually received an acceptance letter. I applied to their advance standing distributed learning program. I am still praying that I receive good funding from UCLA, where I was accepted into last week. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For anyone interviewing at Cal State Fullerton, I did mine this morning and it went pretty well. It was much more relaxed than my interview with CSUN. The questions were more general and honestly easier to answer. They asked things like how you've managed a stressful scenario, what a weakness might be for you in the program, etc. And there were only four of us in the group interview, I was expecting 6-8. I'm really hoping I get an admission offer from them soon!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.