MSW Fall 2022 Applications

moria95

7 hours ago, Normanaitor said:

I heard from UCLA yesterday, I was accepted and got a prelim financial aid packet with only loans today. I applied on 11/26 and have a 4.0 GPA I am still hopeful I might get more aid, really really hopeful. Good luck!

I sound like a broken record, but what population Program were you accepted into?

13 hours ago, Normanaitor said:

I heard from UCLA yesterday, I was accepted and got a prelim financial aid packet with only loans today. I applied on 11/26 and have a 4.0 GPA I am still hopeful I might get more aid, really really hopeful. Good luck!

Where did you see your financial aid info? I didn't get a letter to my email and there's no letter in myUCLA either. Did you have to submit something extra? I filed my FAFSA months ago and it said to add your SSN in the profile but I don't have an option to do that either

6 hours ago, workerbee said:

Where did you see your financial aid info? I didn't get a letter to my email and there's no letter in myUCLA either. Did you have to submit something extra? I filed my FAFSA months ago and it said to add your SSN in the profile but I don't have an option to do that either

IT was confusing, and keep in mind it's preliminary, but if you go into the MyUCLA link https://my.ucla.edu/ you should be able to crate a User Name associated with your UID, it's where you completed the intent to register. On the admissions home page, there is a link in tiny print. I think the program may still need ot assign some funding, or at least that is my hope...and it springs eternal in the human beast. 
Good Luck!

Anyone else waiting to hear from UMD Baltimore SSW? On Wednesday I received a notice that my application was submitted for "final review and decision." However there was no timeline on when I would hear more. I at least appreciate hearing something! 

I am also waiting to hear from UNC Chapel Hill. I am really hoping the first Friday in March rumor is true ? 

Edited by yynl1

A few more updates for me as well

I got a 20% scholarship (split over the two years) for USC. This is still one of the more expensive programs even with that discount so still iffy on the decision. Also asked for an extension past the March 11th decision deadline they gave me and waiting on a reply.

I finally got a notification from CSUN and i'll be having a group interview on March 8th for their program as well.

Mainly waiting on UCLA and UNC now and that will help me decide which I am most looking forward to.

Edited by naura

Re Berkeley, I’ve thought way too much about this, and come to the conclusion that it’s impossible to know! (Unless someone wants to email them.)

In 2021:

a. The website said applicants would hear by March 1

b. A poster reached out to the school and was told actually, applicants would hear by March 15

c. Posters began hearing on March 2

In 2022:

a. The website says applicants will hear by March 15

b. As far as I know, nobody has reached out to check this date

c. As of March 4, no posters have heard from Berkeley 

20 hours ago, Normanaitor said:

IT was confusing, and keep in mind it's preliminary, but if you go into the MyUCLA link https://my.ucla.edu/ you should be able to crate a User Name associated with your UID, it's where you completed the intent to register. On the admissions home page, there is a link in tiny print. I think the program may still need ot assign some funding, or at least that is my hope...and it springs eternal in the human beast. 
Good Luck!

Ugh mine says no award letter is available…….don’t love that

17 hours ago, starmie said:

Re Berkeley, I’ve thought way too much about this, and come to the conclusion that it’s impossible to know! (Unless someone wants to email them.)

In 2021:

a. The website said applicants would hear by March 1

b. A poster reached out to the school and was told actually, applicants would hear by March 15

c. Posters began hearing on March 2

In 2022:

a. The website says applicants will hear by March 15

b. As far as I know, nobody has reached out to check this date

c. As of March 4, no posters have heard from Berkeley 

HAHAHA i’ve come to the same conclusions here. i have so little faith bc the website says “the week of march 15” so i feel like we could even hear past then. at this point it’s the only school i’m waiting on and it’s driving me up a wall lmfao

19 hours ago, Mswapplicant828 said:

Does anyone know if Berkeley will be releasing decisions right now? I’m on the admission’s page and it said it will be released the week of the 15th. Does it mean that they will start sending out decisions the week or by that date?

This is what they replied when I emailed, "Thank you for your interest in Berkeley Social Welfare. Admissions decisions always go out in early March and offers need to be accepted or declined by April 15. Please see our website for more details."

1 hour ago, Kaykay321 said:

This is what they replied when I emailed, "Thank you for your interest in Berkeley Social Welfare. Admissions decisions always go out in early March and offers need to be accepted or declined by April 15. Please see our website for more details."

Hmm, that makes it sound like offers will be sent out before March 15, not after...here's hoping people will start hearing next week!

On 3/3/2022 at 11:05 AM, Dogmama said:

I’m so happy I found this forum! I’m interviewing March 10th at 10am. I have no idea what to expect but hoping for the best. I’m a communicative disorder undergrad with a 3.8 cumulative GPA. ?

Congrats on your interview! You're moving in the right direction. Do you mind sharing which school you're interviewing with?

8 hours ago, gradapplyje said:

Congrats on your interview! You're moving in the right direction. Do you mind sharing which school you're interviewing with?

Thank you! I’m interviewing with CSUN on March 8th and with CSUF on March 10th?

On 2/26/2022 at 7:42 PM, wavyberry99 said:

Anyone applied for the MSW program at CSUSM for Fall 2022? I applied for the Advanced Standing Program and would love to connect with other applicants while we wait for decisions. 

Yes, I applied to the 3 year Hybrid MSW at CSUSM for Fall 2022. Have you heard back yet? I haven't- getting nervous.

On 3/6/2022 at 7:49 AM, Dogmama said:

Thank you! I’m interviewing with CSUN on March 8th and with CSUF on March 10th?

Awesome! I too am interviewing with CSUN on March 8th; excited and so nervous. I haven't received anything from CSUF, unfortunately, did you receive your CSUF invite via personal email or the Titan Portal?

Hello! Long time lurker here thought I’d share & ask a question myself. 

I applied to USC, UCLA, UCB, SDSU, &  CSULB and submitted all between mid-Nov to early Dec. 

I’ve gotten into CSULB (December), USC (last week), & SDSU (today)!

I also got an admission from the UCLA Grad Division early February, but no official letter from the MSW Program itself. I’m wondering if anyone knows if we’re supposed to get two letters from UCLA, or just one? 

Im with the rest of y’all and also anxiously waiting for Cal to send out admissions. It’s been so much anticipation! 

wish everyone the best of luck!

1 hour ago, gradapplyje said:

Awesome! I too am interviewing with CSUN on March 8th; excited and so nervous. I haven't received anything from CSUF, unfortunately, did you receive your CSUF invite via personal email or the Titan Portal?

What time are you interviewing with CSUN tomorrow? I’m interviewing at 10:30! And I got an email on February 25th to my personal email asking me to register through the application portal. When I logged into the portal where the application was, it gave me the option to schedule what time I wanted to interview.