MSW Fall 2022 Applications

moria95

2 hours ago, workerbee said:

that's what's killing me about the decision...it's sooooo cheap in state but I also have this huge desire to get out of Pennsylvania finally

It's gonna be a rough one for sure. I loved Pitt... but really went for undergrad because it made financial sense. I said no to schools I was maybe more excited for because of that. This time around I really want to be able to go to the school I'm most excited about, but I don't want to be screwed later either. I feel like I owe it to myself, but I also don't want to regret the decision for years to come, swimming in loans. The decision is ROUGH.

Got my BU acceptance!!!

Unfortunately, finances are not quite what I hoped. Definitely still in the running, but a bittersweet victory.

I applied by the priority deadline but I'm wondering if all BU decisions were released today if anyone can shed light on that?

On 2/11/2022 at 8:14 PM, msw98 said:

I emailed them two days ago and they said we should know within a week or two!

Did you apply priority or regular? I'm curious if they'll all come out at once or some people will wait longer. I'm getting anxious with other commitment deadlines looming in March:/

Just got my BU acceptance email yay!!! I applied for the on campus part time program. Only got a $5000 scholarship. Unfortunately I found out after applying that merit based scholarships for part time programs are really low/not great. But I’m still hyped that I got in! :) 

Was anyone else here unable to submit by the priority deadline?? I'm finishing up my undergrad degree and my applications are all in on time, but not early! This is making me anxious lol

I applied to CSUSB, CSULA, and UCLA - heard back from CSUSB last night and they told me I need to respond within 14 days. I don't know if I'll even hear back from my other schools by then - I don't want to lose my place at SB if I don't get in at the others, but SB is also my last choice "safety school" and I would prefer one of the others...any tips? UCLA says end of February to mid-March for acceptance, which feels kind of late?

1 hour ago, formaltyty said:

I applied to CSUSB, CSULA, and UCLA - heard back from CSUSB last night and they told me I need to respond within 14 days. I don't know if I'll even hear back from my other schools by then - I don't want to lose my place at SB if I don't get in at the others, but SB is also my last choice "safety school" and I would prefer one of the others...any tips? UCLA says end of February to mid-March for acceptance, which feels kind of late?

Many programs allow you to request an extension- you could ask for an additional 2-3 weeks to decide

4 hours ago, formaltyty said:

hi!! first of all, congratulations for getting in!!! if there is no payment due, you can accept the offer and rescind later. i recently got into csulb and am waiting on ucla as well, but i went ahead and sent in an acceptance checklist so that i could hold my spot for csulb. good luck!!

4 hours ago, futuremsw2022 said:

Has anyone heard from UNC yet? :)

I applied for 2-year full-time program but do not expect to hear back til last week of February through mid-March. I'm pretty sure if you applied for Advanced Standing you should be hearing back any day now. I'm very nervous! Also, compared to other years-- I've not heard of many folks applying to UNC for their MSW on here. 

Just now, knttankjer said:

I applied for 2-year full-time program but do not expect to hear back til last week of February through mid-March. I'm pretty sure if you applied for Advanced Standing you should be hearing back any day now. I'm very nervous! Also, compared to other years-- I've not heard of many folks applying to UNC for their MSW on here. 

I know! I noticed the same. Though they don't release all the decisions at the same time- I applied back in November so I'm hoping to hear earlier.

Just now, futuremsw2022 said:

I know! I noticed the same. Though they don't release all the decisions at the same time- I applied back in November so I'm hoping to hear earlier.

I did hear from Ben Balderas on 2/4 asking for an unofficial transcript (which ended up not needing bc it was college credits from high school thankfully). He said he was forwarding on my application to the reviewers. So they are definitely in the midst of reviewing them. I submitted my application the night before the deadline. 

6 hours ago, formaltyty said:

UCLA is driving me insane, all my other schools want responses before the end of February but they're a top choice!!

11 hours ago, formaltyty said:

Columbia told me i had to respond by feb 11 and i knew my other decisions were coming out later, so I emailed the admissions department and asked for an extension to responding so i could make an informed choice and they were super understanding and pushed my deadline back by a month!

21 minutes ago, drama.ni said:

Columbia told me i had to respond by feb 11 and i knew my other decisions were coming out later, so I emailed the admissions department and asked for an extension to responding so i could make an informed choice and they were super understanding and pushed my deadline back by a month!

Great info - thanks!! And congrats on Columbia! I'll try and contact my other schools about an extension!