MSW Fall 2022 Applications

moria95

I got my acceptances from Columbia and University of Pittsburgh by early January!! Acceptances from NYU and Case Western came in today!!! Still waiting for UCLA and UChicago (an MA, I know...) Has anyone heard from UCLA?

Everything is so expensive...even with the scholarship offers I've seen from some places :( Can I apply for fellowships now? Does anyone have a website with links to obscure scholarships? My cousin got 5k once for a scholarship that was for Polish soccer players in the NE area of the US once...looking for something like that!

On 1/28/2022 at 5:05 PM, workerbee said:

I got my acceptances from Columbia and University of Pittsburgh by early January!! Acceptances from NYU and Case Western came in today!!! Still waiting for UCLA and UChicago (an MA, I know...) Has anyone heard from UCLA?

Everything is so expensive...even with the scholarship offers I've seen from some places :( Can I apply for fellowships now? Does anyone have a website with links to obscure scholarships? My cousin got 5k once for a scholarship that was for Polish soccer players in the NE area of the US once...looking for something like that!

Congratulations! Could I ask when you applied to Case Western and Columbia?

On 1/22/2022 at 1:09 PM, SDMSWmom said:

I applied to Columbia online program by the priority deadline and received my acceptance on 1/7/22. Good luck to everyone. I am still waiting on the CSU schools that I applied to (I’m in California). 

Congratulations! Could I ask when you applied to Columbia? Thanks! 

2 hours ago, workerbee said:

Columbia was Dec 1 and Case was Dec 15. I think that was the first deadline for each school

Thank you so much for your response. It gives me a good timeline as to when I potentially may hear back. I'm glad to see that Columbia isn't behind on updating the applicants this cycle. 

Hello friends! 

I am late to this chain but am looking for some solidarity in the anxiety of waiting! I applied to Pitt, BU, and Penn (SP2)! I was accepted at Pitt which is a huge relief, but I'm hoping to make a change (I live in Pittsburgh, have a degree from Pitt). Anxiety is definitely building a little bit, but I would still be happy going to Pitt for sure! 

Congrats on all of your acceptances so far!

Congratulations to all who have gotten good news!! I have only heard back from Columbia online program - accepted, heard back on 12/23. I applied by the priority deadline. I am waiting to hear from University of Washington, UPenn, Washington University in St. Louis, and UC Berkeley. I did my undergrad at Univ. of Washington, and right now my top schools are Columbia and UPenn! 

Excited and nervous to wait, as I heard February is the month when we will hear back from a majority of schools! Good luck everyone!!

2 hours ago, Saan said:

Has anyone who applied to the in-person Columbia and Umich programs heard back? 

I got an email from UMich asking me for an interview (scheduled towards the end of February). It's my only in-person program (I was accepted to NMU's online program earlier in the month). I applied as part of the MasterTrack 12-month program though, so not sure if the 16 or 20 month program admission results are rolling out yet. Have you been checking your Wolverine Access?

2 hours ago, ElleDiMi said:

I got an email from UMich asking me for an interview (scheduled towards the end of February). It's my only in-person program (I was accepted to NMU's online program earlier in the month). I applied as part of the MasterTrack 12-month program though, so not sure if the 16 or 20 month program admission results are rolling out yet. Have you been checking your Wolverine Access?

Congratulations! I applied for the 16 month Umich in person program and the 2 year Columbia in person program. I’ve been checking both portals frequently and haven’t seen anything yet. I hope they release more results soon!

1 hour ago, Saan said:

I just checked Umich Wolverine access and my admissions decision was up. I got in! I haven’t received an email yet, but I’m glad I checked the portal. Still waiting to hear back from Columbia. Good luck everyone!

Congrats! if you don't mind me asking when did you apply? 

Hello!!

Sooooo I'm in a bit of a pickle... I was accepted to UIC in DECEMBER and had to submit a deposit to hold my spot despite not knowing if I will be able to go (and secretly holding out hope that I will get into UT and can go there). They are already starting field matching and I am just having to go along with it!

With that being said... did anyone else already apply to UT's Advanced Standing Program for Summer 2022? Have you heard back? If you applied last year... when did you hear back? Is it really April? Because if so, Lord help me. 

Hiiii

I applied on October for the MSW program (2 years) but haven't heard back. I read on another thread that some people heard back ON MAY and I'm kind of nervous about it since I want to apply for some scholarships with deadline before April!!!

3 hours ago, mrthg said:

Hiiii

I applied on October for the MSW program (2 years) but haven't heard back. I read on another thread that some people heard back ON MAY and I'm kind of nervous about it since I want to apply for some scholarships with deadline before April!!!

God I hope that's not the case! I am going insane waiting. The deadline for the 1 year is Feb 15th, but I submitted back in October as well.