MSW Fall 2022 Applications

moria95

Hello! I'm applying to two programs for Fall 2022 start date: University of Michigan (approved for MasterTrack 12-month program) & Northern Michigan University (2 year regular standing online global campus program). I'm a native (and current) Michigander quasi-changing careers and heading back to school to earn my second graduate degree. I've been out of school since 2013, so can't seem to decide if I'm mostly nervous or excited to be going through the application process again.

I submitted my UMich app on 10/28/21, got my sign up for Wolverine Access on 11/10/21, plus a link to fill out an application to prove that I'm a Michigan resident (ah, the joys of earning my first graduate degree in another country), and all of my LOR were received by 11/11/21. My application registered as complete in my Wolverine Access on 11/16 or 11/17 (can't remember the specific date), and now I am obsessively checking my application status through the portal even though I know nothing will be decided until well after 12/01 haha. Everything is ready to submit to NMU (they've also received all of my LOR and official transcripts), but have to wait until 12/02 to submit since I'm not applying for early decision.

On 11/11/2021 at 11:46 AM, mswforfall22 said:

Is anyone else having trouble answering questions for the personal statements about how you'll manage demands of the coursework and/or how you're financing your education? Help! Lol

Programs just want to make sure you’re able to manage work-life balance. Demonstrate that you have insight into any limitations and a plan for what to do if/when you need support.  

On 12/7/2021 at 8:03 PM, Kaykay321 said:

Hey guys. I've finished applying for UT Austin, Berkeley, and U of Pitt. I also plan to apply to San Diego State and Boston U. Got accepted via email to U of Pitt today but no financial aid info yet. 

I went to Pitt for undergrad and loved it!! It’s a great option

1 minute ago, Kaykay321 said:

Yay, thank you for this info! What did you like about it, if you don't mind me asking.

Pitt is proud of being a research institution and all of my professors were deeply involved and proud of their research (I was a psych major.) They also have a very prestigious medical school so you get to benefit from some of those resources as well. Also the city of Pittsburgh and the Oakland neighborhood that houses the campus is a great place to live. Lots of cultural events and interesting students from all over.

7 minutes ago, Red29 said:

Pitt is proud of being a research institution and all of my professors were deeply involved and proud of their research (I was a psych major.) They also have a very prestigious medical school so you get to benefit from some of those resources as well. Also the city of Pittsburgh and the Oakland neighborhood that houses the campus is a great place to live. Lots of cultural events and interesting students from all over.

Wow awesome! Thank you so much for the feedback!!

Does anyone else find it weird that BU's Fall 2022 online program application STILL isn't open? I'm already done and submitted with my applications for both of my other schools, one online and one in person. Does anyone know what they're waiting for? ?

Edited by dontbeastranger

On 12/1 I got an email from Indiana University Bloomington letting me know that the admissions committee has recommended my admission but that it was dependent on the graduate school verifying my credentials. They also are asking for an intent to attend no later than three weeks from that email where they give the options to attend, to decline, or to defer. I decided to defer the decision as it wasn't my top choice and I have so many different programs to hear back from. Not sure where this will leave me but I was shocked they wanted me to make a decision so soon especially when most schools send out decisions in the Spring.

On 12/15/2021 at 3:05 PM, dontbeastranger said:

Does anyone else find it weird that BU's Fall 2022 online program application STILL isn't open? I'm already done and submitted with my applications for both of my other schools, one online and one in person. Does anyone know what they're waiting for? ?

Hey there! I was in Boston for a conference in November and met with BU personally (I’m applying to their online program, unsure about in person applications but may be the same reasoning). It sounds like because they have three enrollment periods (fall, spring, summer), they only open one application at a time to manage. Tiffany told me that Fall 22 should be open in March/April. I’m looking forward to getting one into them as well :)

Otherwise, anyone get any news after Dec 1 deadlines?

Hello All! I live in California and work at a mental health office as an Admin and decided I wanted to get my MSW after receiving my bachelors in Justice Studies in may 2021. I applied to San Jose State University, CSU Monterey Bay and Simmons University for Fall 2022. I got accepted into Simmons In early November. Anyone else who also applied to SJSU and CSUMB and are now playing the waiting game? I definitely want to try and wait for the decisions from both schools. 

Happy to have found this thread and I am hopeful it will put me at ease while I wait! 

Edited by Moomoo777