MSW Fall 2022 Applications

moria95

1 hour ago, Sharks679 said:

Hello! Long time lurker here thought I’d share & ask a question myself. 

I applied to USC, UCLA, UCB, SDSU, &  CSULB and submitted all between mid-Nov to early Dec. 

I’ve gotten into CSULB (December), USC (last week), & SDSU (today)!

I also got an admission from the UCLA Grad Division early February, but no official letter from the MSW Program itself. I’m wondering if anyone knows if we’re supposed to get two letters from UCLA, or just one? 

Im with the rest of y’all and also anxiously waiting for Cal to send out admissions. It’s been so much anticipation! 

wish everyone the best of luck!

I’m in the same boat with UCLA! I didn’t get a letter from the school, just graduate admissions. I don’t even know what my acceptance deadline is…

2 hours ago, Sharks679 said:

Hello! Long time lurker here thought I’d share & ask a question myself. 

I applied to USC, UCLA, UCB, SDSU, &  CSULB and submitted all between mid-Nov to early Dec. 

I’ve gotten into CSULB (December), USC (last week), & SDSU (today)!

I also got an admission from the UCLA Grad Division early February, but no official letter from the MSW Program itself. I’m wondering if anyone knows if we’re supposed to get two letters from UCLA, or just one? 

Im with the rest of y’all and also anxiously waiting for Cal to send out admissions. It’s been so much anticipation! 

wish everyone the best of luck!

I applied to SDSU too! Which program did you apply to? 

2 hours ago, workerbee said:

I’m in the same boat with UCLA! I didn’t get a letter from the school, just graduate admissions. I don’t even know what my acceptance deadline is…

This helps me feel a little bit better though, knowing it’s not just me sitting in the dark ?. Hoping this week brings some good news ??

11 hours ago, Sharks679 said:

This helps me feel a little bit better though, knowing it’s not just me sitting in the dark ?. Hoping this week brings some good news ??

Here's hoping!! I at least would like to know when I have to tell them if I'm accepting...tbh the lack of communication from the school itself is really putting a damper on my excitement about UCLA

On 3/5/2022 at 11:42 PM, gradapplyje said:

Congrats on your interview! You're moving in the right direction. Do you mind sharing which school you're interviewing with?

18 hours ago, Dogmama said:

What time are you interviewing with CSUN tomorrow? I’m interviewing at 10:30! And I got an email on February 25th to my personal email asking me to register through the application portal. When I logged into the portal where the application was, it gave me the option to schedule what time I wanted to interview. 

Hey fellow Social Workers, 

How were your interview at CSUN?  Hope it went well!!

33 minutes ago, Normanaitor said:

Hey fellow Social Workers, 

How were your interview at CSUN?  Hope it went well!!

Hi!! It went well! They did a short introduction to the program, we all introduced ourselves, and then we jumped right into individual questions. Everybody got a different question mostly related to anti-racism or reflecting on specific experiences that you may have had. Then we did a group exercise where all the applicants had to work together and present a solution to the board. And finally, a short writing prompt that was pretty generic. I think I did okay though! I froze a bit on the question that was asked of me because it was pretty vague but overall I'm hopeful!!

20 hours ago, wavyberry99 said:

I haven't either. They say mid march, so I'm hoping to hear by the end of next week! 

Same!  Do you know if they'll send direct emails or is it through the San Marcos Student Center (myCSUSM)?  Also, do you know anyone who has attended their program, if so, what has been there feedback?

Just now, Dogmama said:

Hi!! It went well! They did a short introduction to the program, we all introduced ourselves, and then we jumped right into individual questions. Everybody got a different question mostly related to anti-racism or reflecting on specific experiences that you may have had. Then we did a group exercise where all the applicants had to work together and present a solution to the board. And finally, a short writing prompt that was pretty generic. I think I did okay though! I froze a bit on the question that was asked of me because it was pretty vague but overall I'm hopeful!!

Oh, nice, I am sure you did well, interviews are hard!! Was it over zoom or in person? your description is a bit confusing? how did the group work look? It sounds like in person, but maybe not. Thank you so much for sharing. 

Just now, Normanaitor said:

Oh, nice, I am sure you did well, interviews are hard!! Was it over zoom or in person? your description is a bit confusing? how did the group work look? It sounds like in person, but maybe not. Thank you so much for sharing. 

It was through zoom! We had to discuss as a group and the interviewers turned off the cameras while we discussed, then came back on as we presented our solutions to them. 

2 minutes ago, Dogmama said:

Mine was today at 9am.  I did okay, I think, but I don't think I did great or amazing.  There were things I wished I'd said in my personal question.  I was pretty nervous!!  How many ppl were in your group interview?  And what program option are you?

2 minutes ago, gradapplyje said:

Mine was today at 9am.  I did okay, I think, but I don't think I did great or amazing.  There were things I wished I'd said in my personal question.  I was pretty nervous!!  How many ppl were in your group interview?  And what program option are you?

I totally agree. My question was something I hadn't really prepared to answer so I don't even know if I made sense honestly. There were 8 people in my group though! I think my concentration is related to aging but I applied for a few programs and forgot specifically the name. 

1 minute ago, Dogmama said:

I totally agree. My question was something I hadn't really prepared to answer so I don't even know if I made sense honestly. There were 8 people in my group though! I think my concentration is related to aging but I applied for a few programs and forgot specifically the name. 

Same - I was trying to quickly get my thoughts together since we only have two min.  I had 8 applicants also.  Did you apply to CSUN's 2, 3 or online cohort?

10 minutes ago, gradapplyje said:

Same!  Do you know if they'll send direct emails or is it through the San Marcos Student Center (myCSUSM)?  Also, do you know anyone who has attended their program, if so, what has been their feedback?

Just now, gradapplyje said:

Same - I was trying to quickly get my thoughts together since we only have two min.  I had 8 applicants also.  Did you apply to CSUN's 2, 3 or online cohort?

Luckily others in the group didn't speak for the full two minutes. Most of us were around 30-45 seconds lol. But I applied for the two-year online program. They're my top choice since I'd really like to do my MSW online and they were the cheapest online program. 

Anyone else have an interview with CSUN today (or this week)?  Just finished mine and I'm sooo glad to have it over.  I was surprised at how nervous I felt.  I've already been accepted 2 other places but still felt like this interview would make or break my future lol!

Just now, Dogmama said:

Luckily others in the group didn't speak for the full two minutes. Most of us were around 30-45 seconds lol. But I applied for the two-year online program. They're my top choice since I'd really like to do my MSW online and they were the cheapest online program. 

I applied to the 2 year online too!!  I love their program structure (compared to some other online programs) and really enjoy some of their staff.  Definitely cheaper than like USC.