MSW Fall 2022 Applications

moria95

On 3/2/2022 at 10:10 AM, futuremsw2022 said:

I've been accepted to BC, BU, Simmons, and Columbia! What about you?

how long after your admissions checklist was completed did you receive a decision from Columbia? Thanks!

On 2/27/2022 at 4:55 PM, MIMSW said:

I'm applying to University of Michigan and Howard University for their online advanced standing part time MSW programs starting in the fall. I had no idea how competitive some of these programs were and that placed way more stress on the situation. 

I may also apply to other colleges with the same program, I just don't have the money for a ton of application fees. 

can you explain what you mean by competitive? I am having trouble deciphering how competitive the advanced standing online programs are. Thank you!

4 hours ago, KaraM said:

can you explain what you mean by competitive? I am having trouble deciphering how competitive the advanced standing online programs are. Thank you!

So it's my understanding that competitive means a lower acceptance rate and you're competing with more applicants for limited space. Like the website for u of m says approximately 430 are accepted out of over 1250 applicants. So that's a acceptance rate of 34.4 percent. 

1 minute ago, MIMSW said:

So it's my understanding that competitive means a lower acceptance rate and you're competing with more applicants for limited space. Like the website for u of m says approximately 430 are accepted out of over 1250 applicants. So that's a acceptance rate of 34.4 percent. 

And this is just for the MSW program. I'm not sure what the acceptance rates are for the advance standing program... 

17 hours ago, doievenknow said:

Congrats!! Have you tried checking your portal? I found out via portal (graduate division) two weeks before the MSW program sent anything to me. I also just got the letter lol 

I emailed Oliver and he let me know that I would get a letter from them, but he congratulated me and welcomed me into the program. I received my letter from the graduate division on March first and the letter from Luskin yesterday. I am wondering if the fellowships have been awarded, I have been counting chickens....LOL

12 hours ago, workerbee said:

did anyone else who got into ucla get scholarship money?? curious if they even give that sort of stuff

I have not, and am eagerly awaiting to hear. I got my acceptance letter on March 1 and my letter from the program yesterday. My girlfriend who is a professor there in a different program says the letters come later maybe 2 weeks later. 

13 minutes ago, Normanaitor said:

I have not, and am eagerly awaiting to hear. I got my acceptance letter on March 1 and my letter from the program yesterday. My girlfriend who is a professor there in a different program says the letters come later maybe 2 weeks later. 

I got my grad division letter in Feb and my Luskin letter yesterday! I hope they send the financial info soon, I have other deadlines coming up...

Hello,

I applied to UCLA (The LIfe Span program) got my graduate acceptance March 1 and my department letter yesterday. I applied in November. I also applied to Humboldt State's Advance Standing Distributed Learning Program and was informed I was waitlisted yesterday, which was very nice of them because they require a prerequisite that costs $330 that starts on March 21. Although I did get a financial aide award which covers all of the tuition so I am left scratching my head a little... I am waiting to hear back from CSUN, no interview scheduled yet. 

I am anxiously awaiting any financial aid from UCLA.

Anyone else need a manicure?

3 hours ago, Normanaitor said:

I emailed Oliver and he let me know that I would get a letter from them, but he congratulated me and welcomed me into the program. I received my letter from the graduate division on March first and the letter from Luskin yesterday. I am wondering if the fellowships have been awarded, I have been counting chickens....LOL

I think GOFP candidates have already been chosen, I did not apply for that because I felt the essay prompt was harder if I tried to make it match fellowship standards hahaha.... Not really sure about the DCFS stipends though! Did you apply for that? I got my financial aid package which was all loans so I'm starting the hunt for some external scholarships.... :')

6 minutes ago, sailormars said:

Just got an email from UChicago saying my admission decision is delayed, so instead of today I would hear back by 3/25. Not sure if others got this too. 

Same here:

“Thank you for your patience as we review your application. Although we anticipated releasing your decision by March 15, the review process is taking longer than expected. Our holistic review process and careful consideration of each application sometimes makes for a lengthy review process. We anticipate releasing your decision by March 25.

When a decision has been released, you will receive an email notifying you that your application status has changed. You can then log into your application portal to view the decision. 

Please don't hesitate to contact Admissions at admissions@crownschool.uchicago.edu with any questions. Have a great day!”

Edited by xochipilli

4 hours ago, doievenknow said:

I think GOFP candidates have already been chosen, I did not apply for that because I felt the essay prompt was harder if I tried to make it match fellowship standards hahaha.... Not really sure about the DCFS stipends though! Did you apply for that? I got my financial aid package which was all loans so I'm starting the hunt for some external scholarships.... :')

Ahh that makes sense, yes I also got my preliminary financial aid packet, I guess I was still hopeful having spoken to a second year recipient from another program who said it was 2 weeks after receiving her acceptance into her program that she got the GOFP. Do you mind sharing why you think they have been finalized? I did email to see if there was still a chance. 

I did not apply for DCFS stipend, but hope to apply for the DMH stipend in the second year. Are you able to attend on April 7 for the in person orientation?

I just got notified of my acceptance to UNC Chapel Hill!!! I have until April 18 to make a decision. 
I also applied to NCCU and I'm waiting for a response. I really hope they accept me. They are cheaper, like 5 minutes from my house, and I have coworkers speak highly of their MSW program. I hope I hear from them soon because I want to make a decision ASAP!

Has anyone heard back from UT-Austin advanced standing??? I denied admission to the only other school that I applied to (got accepted in December and couldn't wait any longer without giving them an answer) and am getting ANTSY. If it's really April like they state, I am going to be hard-pressed to make a cross-country move with two weeks before classes start :')

I have been accepted to Bryn Mawr's MSS program, which is lovely, but it is the only campus program I applied to and I really would like to avoid moving across the country. I am waiting on 4 decisions from Advanced Standing Online MSW programs, so fingers crossed! Has anyone heard good or bad things about the following programs, specifically the advanced standing or online programs? Thanks everyone! It has been so interesting to see where everyone has applied/is attending. Good luck all! 

Columbia

Syracuse

Tulane

Widener