2022 Fall Application: Chat, Share and Support One Another

CinnamonCream

38 minutes ago, FuturePhDPls said:

It's been sooo quiet for Sociology! Looks like previous years had more traffic around this time -- hoping we hear something soon! :)

The quietness makes me nervous, but I'm sure we will get a lot of info all at once :')

3 hours ago, FuturePhDPls said:

It's been sooo quiet for Sociology! Looks like previous years had more traffic around this time -- hoping we hear something soon! :)

Silence is better than flooding rejections, isn't it? ?

I just received an interview invitation from Iowa and am preparing for it. Finger crossed for all! 

3 hours ago, Beeman said:

The quietness makes me nervous, but I'm sure we will get a lot of info all at once :')

True. I just need to stay off the results board and I’ll be okay. I feel like a kid on punishment watching his friends play outside in the summer from his window when I venture there. Lol

4 hours ago, Beeman said:

Can't decide which one is better: hearing back from a school every other day or having all the bombs dropped all at once. Maybe I can set a record for back to back rejections or something. 

BTW, anyone care to claim the UCLA/Berkeley/UIC offer/rejction? Applied to all three programs and saw decisions posted on the result pages for a hot minute, but haven't heard a thing myself. Are they personal emails from faculty members? Are we doomed if haven't heard back?

4 hours ago, Klutch2381 said:

True. I just need to stay off the results board and I’ll be okay. I feel like a kid on punishment watching his friends play outside in the summer from his window when I venture there. Lol

I applied places two years ago and got rejected from every single program except my current Master's program. I really felt like it was the end of the world, but now I have multiple acceptances and interviews, so a lot can change in a short period of time! I will keep sending you the best vibes ❤️

3 hours ago, wzzzzzz said:

Can't decide which one is better: hearing back from a school every other day or having all the bombs dropped all at once. Maybe I can set a record for back to back rejections or something. 

In the Fall 2020 cycle I had 14 rejections and got 5 back to back I think. So if it makes you feel better you're hanging with the rejection champion competition. 

17 minutes ago, Beeman said:

I applied places two years ago and got rejected from every single program except my current Master's program. I really felt like it was the end of the world, but now I have multiple acceptances and interviews, so a lot can change in a short period of time! I will keep sending you the best vibes ❤️

Congratulations on your acceptances and interviews! That’s awesome. I applied for the 2020 cycle, so this is my second time at bat. At least I have one interview upcoming, and overall I’m optimistic. I really would like to hear from UW (Seattle), but it looks like historically they don’t issue all their acceptances at once, and I haven’t been rejected by any of my dream schools, yet. The night is still young! 

13 hours ago, Klutch2381 said:

Congratulations on your acceptances and interviews! That’s awesome. I applied for the 2020 cycle, so this is my second time at bat. At least I have one interview upcoming, and overall I’m optimistic. I really would like to hear from UW (Seattle), but it looks like historically they don’t issue all their acceptances at once, and I haven’t been rejected by any of my dream schools, yet. The night is still young! 

I reached out to the grad coordinator at UW (Seattle). This is what he said for anyone that is awaiting UW and didn’t get accepted the other day: 

We have sent out our initial set of invitations and, unfortunately, our admissions committee did not include you in that set.  However, there is a chance that we'll dip back into the pool of candidates for another set of invites.  Please feel free to reach out again as things progress.

Best wishes.m

Edited by Klutch2381

6 minutes ago, catherine666 said:

Did you guys got an email about rejection from Indiana Bloomington? I did not get anything...and my portal's not changed

That could be a good thing! They seem to have only sent out some rejections, according to the results board. I received a rejection email too. Wish you all the best to get some good news tomorrow.

1 minute ago, CinnamonCream said:

That could be a good thing! They seem to have only sent out some rejections, according to the results board. I received a rejection email too. Wish you all the best to get some good news tomorrow.

Oh..I am so sorry for you :((( Thank you for your reply!! And wish you good luck with other universities!!! Let's stay strong!!

I was already thinking that I got something wrong with my application haha 

@catherine666I understand. I haven’t received any news from UCSB despite them having sent out a wave of rejections. I’d consider no news good news in all of this (for now)

Edited by Beeman

8 minutes ago, Beeman said:

I understand. I haven’t received any news from UCSB despite them having sent out a wave of rejections. I’d consider no news good news in all of this (for now)

I'd count not hearing back from UCSB as a good sign! I was among those who were rejected by UCSB earlier (1/19), but I also noticed there hasn't been UCSB offers posted on the result page. More than likely they just weeded out some in the first round and is still in the process making the final decision. UCSB isn't a perfect fit for me, so it's not surprising if they think likewise.