SSHRC Postdoctoral Fellowship 2022-2023

Mrazy

1 minute ago, Svaaron said:

Last year, my news about the Doctoral competition arrived in my inbox at 5:30pm on the Wednesday of results week. Not sure if that's any indication to follow, but maybe that is the earliest it will happen, if it happens today.

That's when it was uploaded to my extranet account last year (February 23rd) and I received the email saying my results had been uploaded on February 25th. 

@Chih-En, a SSHRC program officer told me that, when results are available, we will receive an email with instructions on how to access extranet.

Thinking of everyone on here waiting! This has not been a productive week for me, really hoping results come in super soon so I can get back to regular work instead of just obsessively checking my email...

39 minutes ago, HeatherCT said:

@Chih-En, a SSHRC program officer told me that, when results are available, we will receive an email with instructions on how to access extranet.

Thinking of everyone on here waiting! This has not been a productive week for me, really hoping results come in super soon so I can get back to regular work instead of just obsessively checking my email...

Thank you for sharing! Sounds like they've decided against sending out a preemptive email this year. Hopefully the results come sooner than later. Today or tomorrow would be wonderful, but I'm trying to come to terms with the fact we may have to wait until Monday. (I really hope not though.)

I have also been frustratingly unproductive, despite having a big piece of writing due April 1. It's such a challenge to stop checking email and wondering, dreaming! 

2 hours ago, Amanda.A said:

Thank you for sharing! Sounds like they've decided against sending out a preemptive email this year. Hopefully the results come sooner than later. Today or tomorrow would be wonderful, but I'm trying to come to terms with the fact we may have to wait until Monday. (I really hope not though.)

I have also been frustratingly unproductive, despite having a big piece of writing due April 1. It's such a challenge to stop checking email and wondering, dreaming! 

I've started resigning myself to Monday, as well. Luckily I have plans with family this weekend so I'll be distracted. I've been waking up daily from an anxiety dream that the e-mail has arrived. It's been very hard to concentrate on work. I feel your pain, Amanda! I would really love for this to work out. It would allow me to take another opportunity I have to teach in the Fall (not a full-year gig, but a great CV line!) without being resigned to precarity for the rest of AY 2022-2023. 

Fingers crossed, everyone! 

Just now, academicfornow said:

I've started resigning myself to Monday, as well. Luckily I have plans with family this weekend so I'll be distracted. I've been waking up daily from an anxiety dream that the e-mail has arrived. It's been very hard to concentrate on work. I feel your pain, Amanda! I would really love for this to work out. It would allow me to take another opportunity I have to teach in the Fall (not a full-year gig, but a great CV line!) without being resigned to precarity for the rest of AY 2022-2023. 

Myself as well…I was up every 30 mins last night checking the news on Ukraine, and then now that I’m up I’ve been so unproductive and really just alternating between checking my email and checking the news (not trying at all to equivocate waiting on a postdoc email with what is happening in Ukraine!!). Just a lot of nervousness this week.

22 minutes ago, academicfornow said:

I've been having dreams about the results too - sometimes that my proposal was successful, and sometimes that it wasn't. I'm thinking the results will be posted Monday as well. Fingers crossed for everyone here. 

19 minutes ago, msfinley said:

Myself as well…I was up every 30 mins last night checking the news on Ukraine, and then now that I’m up I’ve been so unproductive and really just alternating between checking my email and checking the news (not trying at all to equivocate waiting on a postdoc email with what is happening in Ukraine!!). Just a lot of nervousness this week.

I've been checking the news too! My partner is in the Canadian military and that's definitely been weighing on my mind the last couple of weeks. We're seeing a lot of historical similarities to past wars right now. 

4 hours ago, Mrazy said:

Does anyone have an album or song(s) they've been playing to de-stress? That's my go-to! The Lumineers' new album "Brightside" has been on repeat. I've also have "Overwhelmed" by Ryan Mack stuck in my head a lot the last week. 

I don't know if you've heard of Azure Ray, they came out with a new album after years since their last one, but all of their music is really relaxing. Whenever I feel like my thoughts are going a million miles a minute I listen to their music and I find it soothing.

1 hour ago, Svaaron said:

Anyone else get that sinking feeling that SSHRC is going to be so robotically bureaucratic as to withhold the results until Monday because technically that's the "end of the month" ?? Come on SSHRC, give us a little mercy!

I’m starting to think so as well ? I don’t want to spend the whole weekend worrying, I’d rather find out the result whatever it is today. I’m sad I spent the whole week being anxious and unproductive and the results likely won’t even be released this week lol.

49 minutes ago, msfinley said:

I’m starting to think so as well ? I don’t want to spend the whole weekend worrying, I’d rather find out the result whatever it is today. I’m sad I spent the whole week being anxious and unproductive and the results likely won’t even be released this week lol.

For historical reference the results in 2019 and 2020 were announced in March (by Mail, although I see someone received an e-mail saying they were doing it online again this year). So we may all have some more time to wait (I wasn't part of the 2019 competition should you be wondering if I'm still eligible to apply). 

Edited by PeaDev

4 minutes ago, PeaDev said:

For historical reference, 

For historical reference the results in 2019 and 2020 were announced in March (by Mail, although I see someone received an e-mail saying they were doing it online again this year). So we may all have some more time to wait (I wasn't part of the 2019 competition should you be wondering if I'm still eligible to apply). 

That’s helpful to know. I’ve been emailing someone in their tech department who said the program officer will be making extranet accounts for us whenever the results are released and that’s how we’ll access them so at least that makes it pretty certain it’s gonna be online.

2 minutes ago, HannahH said:

Just got an email saying that results would be on the extranet starting the week of the 28th. So, a weekend more to wait!

Thanks so much for updating us!! That’ll help make the weekend a bit less nerve wracking.

2 minutes ago, HannahH said:

Just got an email saying that results would be on the extranet starting the week of the 28th. So, a weekend more to wait!

Out of curiosity, was this a response to an e-mail you sent them, or an automated e-mail you received?

Just now, gleefullygloomy said:

Out of curiosity, was this a response to an e-mail you sent them, or an automated e-mail you received?

Automated. It also said I'd be getting another email with extranet login information shortly.

Just now, msfinley said:

I haven’t gotten one either, I guess maybe they’re taking a while to go out or are going out in bunches? Lol I hate this process.

Same. It's bad enough we're all wondering what the next year or two of our lives are going to look like lol. I wish there was one specific date outlined when results would be released so we wouldn't be constantly checking our emails and portals. 

11 minutes ago, HannahH said:

Automated. It also said I'd be getting another email with extranet login information shortly.

I just got the email! Thank you so much for posting about this, because I would have seen the email from SSHRC and freaked out and then realized it’s not the actual results. 

1 hour ago, Mrazy said:

Same. It's bad enough we're all wondering what the next year or two of our lives are going to look like lol. I wish there was one specific date outlined when results would be released so we wouldn't be constantly checking our emails and portals. 

Haven't got any email from SSHRC...weird...