SSHRC Postdoctoral Fellowship 2022-2023

Mrazy

32 minutes ago, gleefullygloomy said:

It seems like they are going out in waves - I got mine only a few minutes ago.

Here's what the message says: 

Information regarding your postdoctoral application will be uploaded the week of February 28 to the SSHRC Extranet for applicants.

You will receive a separate system-generated notification with steps on how to activate your extranet account in order to access the information.

If you encounter technical issues in accessing the SSHRC Extranet for Applicants, please contact the Helpdesk at webgrants@sshrc-crsh.gc.ca.

For any other questions, do not hesitate to contact us at fellowships@sshrc-crsh.gc.ca.  

Sincerely,

The Research Training Portfolio

Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council

3 minutes ago, PeaDev said:

Here's what the message says: 

Information regarding your postdoctoral application will be uploaded the week of February 28 to the SSHRC Extranet for applicants.

You will receive a separate system-generated notification with steps on how to activate your extranet account in order to access the information.

If you encounter technical issues in accessing the SSHRC Extranet for Applicants, please contact the Helpdesk at webgrants@sshrc-crsh.gc.ca.

For any other questions, do not hesitate to contact us at fellowships@sshrc-crsh.gc.ca.  

Sincerely,

The Research Training Portfolio

Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council

Just checked, I got the same email at 11:40 this morning. It's nice to know the results are coming, can't believe how stressful this week has been and that we have to do it all again next week! Relief is coming, hoping for good results for all. 

1 minute ago, Amanda.A said:

Just checked, I got the same email at 11:40 this morning. It's nice to know the results are coming, can't believe how stressful this week has been and that we have to do it all again next week! Relief is coming, hoping for good results for all. 

Just wait until you're on your third and final attempt ;) (Hopefully you won't need to endure this). 

Sadly there won't be good results for all, but please know you're not alone. 

2 minutes ago, PeaDev said:

Just wait until you're on your third and final attempt ;) (Hopefully you won't need to endure this). 

Sadly there won't be good results for all, but please know you're not alone. 

Thank you for this correction. Indeed, academia is no place for false hope. We all receive more nos than yeses so wishing everyone endurance and moments of rest. 

12 hours ago, Shannon parrott said:

I still haven't gotten an email...I already have an extranet account though ...?

The e-mails seem to be for those of us without Extranet accounts - it mentions that we will receive instructions on how to activate them shortly. I wouldn't worry, results will be coming to us all (and good luck everyone!)

3 hours ago, Levet said:

I don't have an extranet account and didn't get any email yesterday. . . Anyway it'll probably come on Monday.

same here, no extranet account and no email yesterday ><

I'm currently living on the other side of the world, where we're technically a day ahead due to time zones. I think the time difference has reduced my stress while waiting a bit, because if I don't have a result by the time I wake up I know I'm probably not getting news that day.

That said .... I really really really really really hope I wake up to an email with (good) news tomorrow! Fingers crossed for all of us that we can avoid another week of anticipation!

4 hours ago, Svaaron said:

Fingers crossed that the when SSHRC says "the week of Feb 28" they aren't so cold as to release on Wednesday or Friday. We could be in for another week of waiting, although at least we know this is the last one. Good luck all!

Unfortunately I think they were very intentional in their choice of language ;). Solidarity! 

17 minutes ago, academicfornow said:

Unfortunately I think they were very intentional in their choice of language ;). Solidarity! 

Yes, I think you're probably right. The website indicates their service standards, which are that notifications are sent out "before or on the last day of the month". Although, they then weasel out of that commitment by stating that they strive to meet that standard "90% of the time", ha!

Per the website:

For applications submitted through SSHRC eligible institutions, SSHRC will release the results to applicants within 30 business days of providing notification to institutions.

For applications submitted directly to SSHRC, SSHRC will release the results to applicants on or before the last day of the month specified for the relevant competition.

SSHRC aims to meet these service standards 90% of the time.

https://www.sshrc-crsh.gc.ca/funding-financement/service/standards-normes-eng.aspx

16 minutes ago, Svaaron said:

SSHRC aims to meet these service standards 90% of the time.

https://www.sshrc-crsh.gc.ca/funding-financement/service/standards-normes-eng.aspx

Here's to hoping the news comes sooner rather than later! I'll post to the group as soon as I see my results either way to give others an idea of when results are being uploaded. Last year the digital results were staggered. 

2 hours ago, Mrazy said:

Here's to hoping the news comes sooner rather than later! I'll post to the group as soon as I see my results either way to give others an idea of when results are being uploaded. Last year the digital results were staggered. 

Thank you! That notification would be great, in case results are released staggered again. We shall see. I also hope for news sooner rather than later, but I must admit that hope is dwindling. Cannot help but wonder why results are so delayed, then I remind myself this worry won't help a thing, sometimes delays just happen. 

For those with existing Extranet accounts, have you seen any changes? 

1 minute ago, Amanda.A said:

Thank you! That notification would be great, in case results are released staggered again. We shall see. I also hope for news sooner rather than later, but I must admit that hope is dwindling. Cannot help but wonder why results are so delayed, then I remind myself this worry won't help a thing, sometimes delays just happen. 

For those with existing Extranet accounts, have you seen any changes? 

No changes on extranet... also this is my third year applying (last that I'm eligible) and in 2019 and 2020 the results were both released in March, not February and according to one of my more senior mentors the results are released in March more often than not. So no need to worry about the cause of the delay, this is normal. 

2 minutes ago, PeaDev said:

No changes on extranet... also this is my third year applying (last that I'm eligible) and in 2019 and 2020 the results were both released in March, not February and according to one of my more senior mentors the results are released in March more often than not. So no need to worry about the cause of the delay, this is normal. 

Thank you!! Good to know. So not a delay, simply SSHRC being SSHRC. 

It's too bad the communication of results for the postdoc isn't set up similarly to the SSHRC CGS M portal, where there's one specific date when results are shown. It would really cut down on a lot of anxious academics leading up to the end of February. 

And same on my end - no change to the Extranet portal. If it's helpful to those who have access, my results were uploaded about a day before the email was sent out letting me know they were posted last year. Although it was the first year they communicated results digitally, so this year might be different. 

Hi everyone - I've been reading your posts for a week and figured I would finally create an account here so I can say hello and best wishes. And also, although I am refreshing my extranet and email as often as you, I sort of relish this moment, when anything is possible for any of us. Sending you all a wish to hold on tight to this moment in time and space when anything could happen. 

24 minutes ago, Sloane said:

Hi everyone - I've been reading your posts for a week and figured I would finally create an account here so I can say hello and best wishes. And also, although I am refreshing my extranet and email as often as you, I sort of relish this moment, when anything is possible for any of us. Sending you all a wish to hold on tight to this moment in time and space when anything could happen. 

Thank you for the positivity! I needed that :)

3 hours ago, Mrazy said:

It's too bad the communication of results for the postdoc isn't set up similarly to the SSHRC CGS M portal, where there's one specific date when results are shown. It would really cut down on a lot of anxious academics leading up to the end of February. 

And same on my end - no change to the Extranet portal. If it's helpful to those who have access, my results were uploaded about a day before the email was sent out letting me know they were posted last year. Although it was the first year they communicated results digitally, so this year might be different. 

Yes, having one specific date would be SO much better. I keep telling myself that since it's 5:20 pm EST it's unlikely anything will be sent out today so I can relax a bit until tomorrow morning, but who even knows with SSHRC. I think I recall getting the email for my doctoral funding at a very odd time.

33 minutes ago, lilmiss90 said:

Yes, having one specific date would be SO much better. I keep telling myself that since it's 5:20 pm EST it's unlikely anything will be sent out today so I can relax a bit until tomorrow morning, but who even knows with SSHRC. I think I recall getting the email for my doctoral funding at a very odd time.

Anyone feel like playing "when is SSHRC going to end the misery"? It'll be like a pool, but without the $, just bragging rights. I'll start: Wed., March 2 @ 3:45 p.m. Mountain. 

2 minutes ago, Sloane said:

Anyone feel like playing "when is SSHRC going to end the misery"? It'll be like a pool, but without the $, just bragging rights. I'll start: Wed., March 2 @ 3:45 p.m. Mountain. 

Or, to be more on brand with my first post, we could call this game, "for how long will SSHRC leave us hopeful."

1 minute ago, Sloane said:

Or, to be more on brand with my first post, we could call this game, "for how long will SSHRC leave us hopeful."

LOL this is painfully accurate. Okay I’m going to say noon Tuesday EST to try to give myself some kind of hope.