MSW Canadian Applications Fall 2023

Hey guys! I got waitlisted for the Windsor's MSW 2 year regular track program on Feb 27th. Does anyone know what the likelihood of getting accepted off the waitlist would be and if my odds are better because I was placed on the waitlist so early? I am not sure if being placed on the waitlist earlier is a good thing or a bad thing. 

Edited by ssam031

39 minutes ago, ssam031 said:

Hey guys! I got waitlisted for the MSW 2 year regular track program on Feb 27th. Does anyone know what the likelihood of getting accepted off the waitlist would be and if my odds are better because I was placed on the waitlist so early? I am not sure if being placed on the waitlist earlier is a good thing or a bad thing. 

Which school are you referring to?

On 3/9/2023 at 11:35 AM, MSWApplicant40 said:

Congrats on your acceptance! How were you notified? I'm waiting to hear back still about the MSW ITR, my status on the SGS portal still just says "submitted", nothing on ACORN and I've gotten no email/mail yet. It's weird because they told me in the interview that I'd hear back by the end of February, so I'm not sure what to do with the lack of communication!

I was notified with an email saying there had been a change to my application and when I logged into my application page there was a pdf which was a letter and a package with more program information. I don't think it would hurt for you to email someone from admissions to see if they have an update, especially because they said we'd hear back by the end of February. I hope you can get an explanation for why you haven't heard anything yet, good luck with everything.

7 minutes ago, justoneofthem said:

Is anyone starting Windsor's MSWwp regular track this September? I'm also waiting for U of T's regular track for Gerontology...

Hey - I thought your comment about applying for the regular 2 year track MSW program at U of T, with a specialization stream (gerontology) was curious. 

I had understood that when applying for the 2-year program, you don't actually pick a stream until late in the first year of studies..  I know that in the application they ask you to 'select a stream' but I assumed thats just to gauge different applicants' prospective interests, but it's not as though you are committing yourself to a stream at this stage.

Do I have that right or is there something I am missing?

9 minutes ago, SearchForMeaning said:

Hey - I thought your comment about applying for the regular 2 year track MSW program at U of T, with a specialization stream (gerontology) was curious. 

I had understood that when applying for the 2-year program, you don't actually pick a stream until late in the first year of studies..  I know that in the application they ask you to 'select a stream' but I assumed thats just to gauge different applicants' prospective interests, but it's not as though you are committing yourself to a stream at this stage.

Do I have that right or is there something I am missing?

I think you are right that students are given an opportunity to pursue their "specialization" at the end of their first year but I'm assuming that UofT would also consider the balance of all fields of study when they take on students....I could be wrong! I made it clear in my statement of intent that gerontology is the field of study that I am passionate about, and I am hoping that I do get to pursue it :)

51 minutes ago, MelanieMacroBabe said:

Hey! I applied to McGill! 

Did you hear anything back yet? The wait is killing me. First they told me we will get results mid or end of February. Then I emailed and they said the admissions committee met the end of February. The admissions coordinator went on vacation till March 9 and they said she will send out offers once she gets back. Then Carmela Sciandra emailed me back and said last Wednesday that she will send out offers by next week. Still nothing. 

Also may I ask your stats, experience, goa etc. Rooting for the both of us!

1 hour ago, Samantha123 said:

Is anyone else struggling waiting to hear back from UofT regular track 😭

Without giving you a long-winded sob-story (which it isn't!) I am counting on this single program to jump-start a pretty heavy-duty career change.... as I'm in my early 30s, with my family finances & child-planning outlook for the next few years hanging in the balance (somewhat).. Suffice to state, this has been one of the most painful waiting games in my life😅😅

1 hour ago, angelicpiano said:

Did you hear anything back yet? The wait is killing me. First they told me we will get results mid or end of February. Then I emailed and they said the admissions committee met the end of February. The admissions coordinator went on vacation till March 9 and they said she will send out offers once she gets back. Then Carmela Sciandra emailed me back and said last Wednesday that she will send out offers by next week. Still nothing. 

Also may I ask your stats, experience, goa etc. Rooting for the both of us!

Yes, my portal got updated last week Friday - I was accepted into the program. My last name starts with an A if that helps :)