2023 Fall Sociology Applications - Support, Advice, Results, Etc

SportySpice

38 minutes ago, magnets said:

CUNY finally responded almost three weeks after the interview. Waitlisted as I expected. Does anyone know from previous years how likely it is to get an offer? Considering it was mentioned earlier in the thread that 20 people got interviews, I'm assuming it's all acceptances and waitlists? Fingers crossed, it's a waiting game now.

I also applied to the CUNY but was not invited for interview. However, I received the email tonight that I am also waitlisted. So I am super surprised. Especially, this is my first non-rejection news and my top choice, but my feelings are so mixed because I don't know how long their list is. Also looking for any insights on this.

23 minutes ago, Theadora said:

Happy Monday yall! Another week in which I tell my self I'll definitely hear back from X, Y, Z programs. Here's to hoping this week brings some clarity to us all. 

Crossing my fingers for us all!

I know I only applied to 9 programs but it's crazy that it's the middle of February and I've only heard from two of them so far.

1 hour ago, PeteButtigiegtiktoker said:

Sociology and Social Policy released decisions. Don't know about the Soc track but I don't think yet. That's what they could be.

Thanks for the info. This makes sense. In previous years the Soc track seemed to release decisions earlier than sociology and social policy, but I guess this year has witnessed too many changes... 

Hey everyone, I had a quick question and i know you may not be able to provide a definite answer but Im very anxious and waiting to hear from schools so I thought I'd ask.... 

Will a university make a financial aid packet for you if you weren't going to get accepted? I ask because i checked my portal for one of my universities and under the financial aid it says "aid year 2023-2024" and this option was not there before...does this potentially mean I was accepted? Like i said I know no one knows for sure but is this a good sign? 

2 minutes ago, sociodriw22 said:

Hey everyone, I had a quick question and i know you may not be able to provide a definite answer but Im very anxious and waiting to hear from schools so I thought I'd ask.... 

Will a university make a financial aid packet for you if you weren't going to get accepted? I ask because i checked my portal for one of my universities and under the financial aid it says "aid year 2023-2024" and this option was not there before...does this potentially mean I was accepted? Like i said I know no one knows for sure but is this a good sign? 

This is one of those things where you really need to just wait to hear an official decision. There's no way to know 100% for certain if this is a good sign or not because every department and university does things differently. 

Just cross your fingers and stay positive! It's all we can really do.

1 minute ago, nicolesaparty said:

Congrats to all of us who got into Chicago!!!! ????  are you guys visiting in March? I’d love to talk with you  all more!!! 

Was it a personal email and is your portal updated? I interviewed two weeks ago and haven't heard anything and I'm dying

Just now, saffasrass said:

Was it a personal email and is your portal updated? I interviewed two weeks ago and haven't heard anything and I'm dying

I am so sorry, I received a personal email, I haven’t even checked my portal. They rejected me two years ago, I am over the moon. They may be rolling throughout today, though!! Best of luck!!! ?

Hi all, hope more good news are on the way, and sooner. So, I am currently waitlisted for two programs, but I don't know if I need to reply or how to respond to them. Should I just wait for them to keep me posted? Or should I tell them that I am very excited that I am waitlisted because they are my top choice and such such. Desperately looking for more thoughts on this waitlisting thing and how to communicate with the program. First-time applicant here. Many many thanks!!

Anyone else waiting on UCSB? I keep seeing the occasional result trickle in and I'm so confused as to what their process is for letting folks know.

14 minutes ago, sugarplz said:

Hi all, hope more good news are on the way, and sooner. So, I am currently waitlisted for two programs, but I don't know if I need to reply or how to respond to them. Should I just wait for them to keep me posted? Or should I tell them that I am very excited that I am waitlisted because they are my top choice and such such. Desperately looking for more thoughts on this waitlisting thing and how to communicate with the program. First-time applicant here. Many many thanks!!

Also a first time applicant so take this with a grain of salt, but I say it wouldn't hurt to let them know you're still interested! It might not help much, but I don't think it would hurt. (I'm also waitlisted for a program and it's such a weird feeling. Fingers crossed for us both!)

20 minutes ago, shadesofblue said:

Anyone else waiting on UCSB? I keep seeing the occasional result trickle in and I'm so confused as to what their process is for letting folks know.

Also waiting on UCSB here. They're definitely doing things way differently this cycle than previous ones.