CGS D - PGS D 2023-2024 NSERC

Edd1

1 hour ago, mademoiselle_renaissance said:

Supervisors are advised before students are. My supervisor told me. Good luck!

This isn't the case at all Universities just FYI. The Universities are given a list of reward recipients when the emails start going out to connect to the Extranet, and as the extranet is old as hell. Sometimes there is a slight lead time that the Uni will know before the candidates, and again sometimes that can mean your boss knows before you, but it isn't a rule, so I would be cautious in saying that absolutely your boss will know before you, it is very situation specific.

1 hour ago, Albd said:

This isn't the case at all Universities just FYI. The Universities are given a list of reward recipients when the emails start going out to connect to the Extranet, and as the extranet is old as hell. Sometimes there is a slight lead time that the Uni will know before the candidates, and again sometimes that can mean your boss knows before you, but it isn't a rule, so I would be cautious in saying that absolutely your boss will know before you, it is very situation specific.

So they wouldn't know *this far in advance then, would they? It sounds like same day then? So they don't yet know?

4 hours ago, Albd said:

Youā€™re right, I should have specified what you said. Thanks for clarifying!

5 minutes ago, Addyj said:

Hey guys. I won the NSERC CGS-D. Queen's University, Chemistry Department. Goodluck to everyone

Hello! Many Congratulations! Did you receive an email or got the news from your department?Ā 

24 minutes ago, Addyj said:

Hey guys. I won the NSERC CGS-D. Queen's University, Chemistry Department. Goodluck to everyone

Congratulations! That is amazing.

Also now that I know they've started coming out... RIP productivity

2 minutes ago, WheatsUp said:

Was there some sort of a extranet(?) link sent to NSERC applicants last week or something? I'm on the west coast, haven't heard anything yet (it's 8am) but nothing has changed when I log into the portal. T_T

I didnā€™t receive any emails as well, this is my first time applying so not sure how to access the results.

7 minutes ago, WheatsUp said:

Was there some sort of a extranet(?) link sent to NSERC applicants last week or something? I'm on the west coast, haven't heard anything yet (it's 8am) but nothing has changed when I log into the portal. T_T

Nope, as far as I know, no email has gone out! The application portal apparently won't update at all and there is a separate portal that is under maintenance for another hour that I think we will access results through.

1 minute ago, waitingsucks said:

Nope, as far as I know, no email has gone out! The application portal apparently won't update at all and there is a separate portal that is under maintenance for another hour that I think we will access results through.

Someone on the SSHRC board said the extranet portal will be down until 12pm EST so hopefully after that. I have a feeling all 3 (CIHR, NSERC, and SHHRC) are going to be released today (fingers crossed)Ā 

2 minutes ago, waitingsucks said:

damnnnnnn, okay that's good to know. I have a meeting with my PI in an hour and I'm just nervous vibrations now lol

2 minutes ago, carbohana said:

Someone on the SSHRC board said the extranet portal will be down until 12pm EST so hopefully after that. I have a feeling all 3 (CIHR, NSERC, and SHHRC) are going to be released today (fingers crossed)Ā 

Well what a tense hour this is about to be šŸ˜… thanks for the info!

11 minutes ago, waitingsucks said:

How do you set your account on the other application portal? I created an account using the same email I used in my application but I couldnā€™t see my application on the research portalā€¦do you have to receive an email to create your account?Ā 

Just now, R_TE said:

How do you set your account on the other application portal? I created an account using the same email I used in my application but I couldnā€™t see my application on the research portalā€¦do you have to receive an email to create your account?Ā 

I also used the same email and the pin from my application. It looks like the maintenance may be over, but I can't see anything on that other portal now either. I assume we just have to wait for an email

The link to the extranet isĀ https://influence2.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/

I could log in about 15 minutes ago (results weren't up yet), but now I'm getting a "403 forbidden" message.

If you don't already have an account, you could try the "I forgot my password" with the email address you used for your application, but I'm not sure if the accounts are already created or if they make them right before they send out the emails.

3 minutes ago, timeforschool said:

The link to the extranet isĀ https://influence2.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/

I could log in about 15 minutes ago (results weren't up yet), but now I'm getting a "403 forbidden" message.

If you don't already have an account, you could try the "I forgot my password" with the email address you used for your application, but I'm not sure if the accounts are already created or if they make them right before they send out the emails.

Assuming this is for NSERC only?Ā 

Ā 

Any previous applicants - can you tell us if each CIHR and SSHRC go through this extranet link too? I just have the research net link I used to make my CIHR application